Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Road Star S Review
2015 Yamaha Road Star S on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The Road Star S features a fuel injected V-twin with muscle to burn and plenty of chrome. It’s as easy on the eyes as it is easy to ride. Another winner in the legendary Star series.
2015 Yamaha Road Star S www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
2015 Yamaha Road Star S www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valves, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
• 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
• Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase-mounted camshafts deliver exceptional performance and reduce maintenance needs.
• Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity.
• Large-diameter, forged pistons offer great durability and lighter weight for fast response.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
• Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
• Electronic fuel injection with TPS. This system features a single 40mm throttle body with dual injectors (one for each cylinder). The throttle position sensor is linked to the ECU and supplies info about throttle opening so the ECU can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
• High-capacity air intake system with paper type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
• Dry sump lubrication system with handy spin-on oil filter, creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height.
• Large-flywheel crankshaft delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that incredible V-twin “pulse” feel.
• 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
• 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered, dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
• Lots of high quality chrome engine covers.
/// CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
• Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle steel frame features a stylish 32° rake.
• Long 1,685mm (66.3″) wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
• Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
• 43mm front fork with large-diameter covers and 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel smooth out the ride.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and a plush ride. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
• Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature monoblock, 4-piston calipers with chrome “buttons” accenting the outer piston covers.
• 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
• Separate rider and passenger seats provide lots of support and comfort. Passenger seat can be easily removed.
• Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration.
• Separate sub frame positioned under deeply valanced rear fender allows easy customization with numerous accessible mounting points.
• Deeply valance steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
• Nine-spoke, cast aluminum front and rear wheels reduce weight and maintenance (no spokes to tighten). They are fitted with bias ply, tubeless-type tires.
• 18 litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. The FI electric fuel pump is located inside the tank. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
• Wide, swept-back, 1″-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration on the rider’s hands.
• Beautiful braided steel-look throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
• Tank-mounted speedometer features an extremely stylish design with raised 3D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and a fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
• Diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
• Stylish self-cancelling turn signals with custom looking clear lenses.
• Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light. It is small details like this that separate the Star series of cruisers from the rest of the crowd.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Extra wide chromed front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• 3-dimensional, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
• Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
• Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
• In-tank electric fuel pump
/// Road Star “S” Special Features
• Beautifully chromed, 43mm front fork assembly, upper triple clamp, handlebar holder, switch gear, master cylinder and levers
• Blacked-out engine with polished cooling fin edges
• High quality metallic black lacquer paint scheme
• Factory-installed passing lamp relay speeds the installation of the accessory passing lamp kit available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
2015 Yamaha Road Star S – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha Road Star S – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $13,999 CDN
Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 48°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
97 x 113mm
13.9kg-m (100.5ft-lb) @ 2,500rpm
40mm throttle body FI
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
15kpl / 43mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Wide ratio 5-speed
Adjustable link Monocross
Dual 298mm discs / 4-piston calipers
320mm disc / 4-piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
18 litres (4 imp. gal.)
337 kg (743 lb)
Deep Metallic Red
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).