Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Review
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Powerful 80 cu in liquid-cooled FI V-Twin with great exhaust note combined with light & sporty handling for middle-weight cruiser performance above all the rest…
Retro Modern Classic. A big, powerful cruiser with classic yet modern styling and a ride that’s light and sporty. The 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 features a powerful 80 cu in liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-Twin, 2-into-1 exhaust with soulful sound and perfect weight distribution that helps it handle and go like nothing else. Throw in an endless array of Star Custom Accessories and it’s all yours.
Powered by a sporty 1304cc, fuel injected, liquid-cooled, V-Twin powerplant; the V-Star 1300 boasts class leading performance, handling and comfort. Easy to ride and easy to touch the ground, we finished off this midsize cruiser with a little streamlined style and plenty of Star quality and durability.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valves, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out serious class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
•This midsize Star® brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
•80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
•Modern-classic design, including a two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
•Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
•Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
•Estimated 42 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding between fill-ups.
•The Star Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valves, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out serious class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
• Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
• In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling touch and the rad is “hidden” between the frame down tubes.
• The short stroke engine design reduces the “height” of the engine, while the 60 degree “V” makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the center of gravity for lighter more responsive handling.
• Classic V-twin “pulse feeling” and engine character highlight this powerplant while annoying vibration has been eliminated.
• One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output. Each head is fitted with a single long reach spark plug.
• Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
• The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with single springs for great power and torque. Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing to further reduce wear and slide resistance.
• Optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence improved power and cleaner emissions.
• The radiator is mounted between the front frame down tubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetely placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling in stop and go traffic.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduces mechanical noise and maintenance time.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinders reduce weight, reduce friction, increase cylinder life and provide uniform heat dissipation. The cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin design.
• Forged aluminum pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response.
• Crankshaft features a single crank pin design. This specially designed crank helps to enhance the pulse feeling and engine character.
• Dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
• Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the pistons for added durability.
• Easy access, spin on type oil filter.
• Classic side mounted 3.7 liter air box houses an easy access high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
• Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a “closed loop” system that utilizes an oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-ons will not affect this system. Each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, chokeless operation, reduced emissions, and smoother running.
• High pressure electric fuel pump is located in a separate sub fuel tank below the seat.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb catalyzier at the entry point to the muffler. The catalyzier reduces harmful exhaust emissions, while the “slash cut” muffler produces a throaty V-Twin growl.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds. The engine is spinning at 3,400 rpm at 110 km/hr.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt features carbon cords for strength.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO & HC).
• One piece classic heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience.
• Double cradle steel frame offers roomy ergonomics, a low seat height and great handling. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The rake is 32 degrees, while the lean angle is a sporty 36 degrees.
• Steel swingarm provides superior rear wheel control in a wide variety of conditions, while also making a bold styling statement.
• Long 1,690mm (66.5″) wheelbase creates a long, low profile and stable handling. This chassis offers a 48% / 52 % front to rear weight distribution.
• The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes both rider and passenger comfort.
• 41mm KYB front fork features stylish large-diameter brushed-finished fork covers. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″) for a smooth, comfortable ride.
• Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps. There are 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit rider preference.
• Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
• Dual 298 mm, floating front discs are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
• 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for excellent handling.
• Lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted wide tubeless tires. The “mag” style wheels are both easy to clean and never require maintaince. The rear drive pulley matches the rear wheel design.
• Full-size, “tapered” floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping to reduce vibration. There is a replaceable “scraper” area on the lower edge of the footboard.
• 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration too.
• Front and rear fenders are steell for easy customization and painting if desired.
• 18.5 liter teardrop shaped fuel tank with flush mounted filler cap. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look. Reserve portion is 4.5 litres.
• Generous rider and passenger seats offer plenty of room and support for all day riding comfort. Rider seat height is only 690mm or 27.2 inches off the ground.
• Handlebar-mounted chromed instrument features a stylish design. Readouts include: analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel tripmeter, clock and low fuel warning light. Stylish red background illumination.
• Handlebar switch gear allows the operator to change instrument functions via buttons on the back of the RHS handlebar switch, thereby eliminating the need to remove hands from the bars.
• 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the “wild streamline”, mass forward styling design. The chromed headlight body is adjustable up and down plus left and right via remote adjusters. There are also two 35 watt accessory light connectors inside the headlight shell for accessory passing lamps.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• 3D fuel tank emblems
• Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy, under seat helmet holder
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
• Self-cancelling turn signals feature stylish clear lenses.
• High output 460 watt generator
• Chromed belt cover
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11,290 – Metallic Silver – Available from October 2014
Engine Type 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Frame Double Cradle
Suspension / Front 41mm Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Tires / Front 130/90-16M/C 67H
Tires / Rear 170/70B-16M/C 75H
Wheels 7-spoke aluminum
L x W x H 98.0 x 39.4 x 45.1 in
Seat Height 27.2 in
Wheelbase 66.5 in
Fuel Capacity 4.9 gal
Fuel Economy** 42 mpg
Wet Weight*** 668 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $11,999 CDN
Liquid-cooled, SOHC , 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 60°, V-twin
1,304 cc (80 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
100 x 83 mm
11.3 kg-m (81.8 ft-lb) @ 4,000 rpm
Mikuni dual bore 40 mm F.I.
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
18kpl / 51mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
Dual 298 mm discs / twin piston calipers
298 mm disc / single piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
2,490 mm (98″)
1,000 mm (39.4″)
1,145 mm (45.1″)
1,690 mm (66.5″)
690 mm (27.2″)
18.5 litres (4.1 imp. gallons)
303 kg (668 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).