Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 Review
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The stylish Vino offers clean, quiet, fuel efficient 4-stroke performance. The easy to ride Vino makes more sense than ever as gas prices continue to spiral upwards. To make the Vino 50 even more fuel efficient, it features fuel injection. Fully automatic transmission, and locking under seat storage make the stylish Vino a sensible, fun loving alternative form of transport.
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Peppy, 49cc, liquid-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 3-valve, 4-stroke engine puts out lively, predictable power with incredible gas mileage. The design concept of this engine is peppy performance with low noise, low emissions, and low fuel consumption.
Super convenient, large, 19 liter locking, under seat storage compartment can easily hold a full-face helmet or other items like a small briefcase or purse. Maximum capacity is 5 kilograms.
/// Fuel Economy
Fuel consumption of approximately 46 kilometres pre litre or 130 miles per gallon (imp.) Your actual consumption may vary.
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Peppy, 49cc, liquid-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 3-valve, 4-stroke engine puts out lively, predictable power with incredible gas mileage. The design concept of this engine is peppy performance with low noise, low emissions, and low fuel consumption.
• Fuel consumption of approximately 46 kilometres per litre or 130 miles per gallon (imp.) Your actual consumption may vary.
• Easy, dependable electric starting.
• The aluminum cylinder features a special ceramic composite coating. The ceramic coating insures faster, more uniform heat dissipation, reduced friction and a longer service life.
• Three valve cylinder head design utilizes two intake valves (15.5mm) and one exhaust valve (16.5mm). The dual intake valves allow more fuel and oxygen to enter the engine for increased power output.
• Special “carbon cutter” valve design removes any carbon build-up on the valve stems to keep the engine operating at maximum efficiency, especially when the unit is being ridden at slow speed for prolonged periods of time.
• Roller rocker arms are used to actuate the valves. The roller rockers reduce friction and mechanical noise to a minimum for a quiet, enjoyable ride.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance time.
• Liquid-cooling with fan assist is used to maintain stable engine temperatures even during stop and go city riding. Liquid-cooling allows for a higher state of tune for increased engine performance. The radiator is positioned longitudinally in the frame next to the engine.
• Ball bearing style crankshaft and gravity cast lightweight aluminum piston provides fast engine response. The connecting rod is carburized for strength and durability.
• Centrifugal oil filtering system is used. This type of oil “filter” automatically removes any particles found in the oil and never requires cleaning or maintenance.
• Mikuni 19mm throttle body fuel injection system provides crisp throttle response, reduced emissions, reduced fuel consumption, and choke free starting.
• Easy access, paper-type air filter is used. Total air box capacity is 2.0 liters for excellent performance and reduced intake noise.
• Fully automatic, V-belt CVT transmission ensures easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation. There is no clutch or gear shifting to worry about. A wide range reduction ratio is used for peppy performance.
• Maintenance-free TCI (transistor controlled) ignition system with 2-D mapping provides a precise, high-voltage spark for fast starts and crisp engine performance at all rpms.
• 16 bit ECU controls the fuel injection process
• Air induction system (AIS) is used to reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The AIS system injects oxygen into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion, thereby reducing both hydrocarbon (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
• Exhaust system and muffler produce a very quiet, environmentally friendly exhaust note. The muffler contains dual catalytic converters to further reduce harmful exhaust emissions.
/// Chassis / Suspension
• Rugged, step-through, underbone-style, steel-tube frame design provides stable, predictable handling. The step-through design means it is very easy to get on and off the Vino.
• 26mm front fork provides a comfortable around town ride. Wheel travel is 59mm (2.3″).
• Single-shock rear suspension provides a plush, comfortable ride. Wheel travel is 54mm (2.1″).
•Front and rear 110mm drum brakes supply strong, reliable stopping power. They are hand operated, for ease of use …. just like on a bicycle !
•Rugged yet lightweight, die cast aluminum 5-spoke mag style wheels are fitted with 10″ tubeless tires.
•Comfortable “saddle-type” single seat ensures excellent rider comfort and adds unmistakable style.
• Super convenient, large, 19 liter locking, under seat storage compartment can easily hold a full-face helmet or other items like a small briefcase or purse. Maximum capacity is 5 kilograms
•4.6 liter fuel tank means lots and lots of kilometers between fill-ups. Locking fuel cap provides peace of mind. In-tank electric fuel pump.
• 35/35-watt multi-cut lens headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and enhances retro styling. The headlight and turn signals are chromed for an added styling highlight.
• Full-size floorboards and wide, stylish front apron provide excellent splash and wind protection and highlights that retro European styling.
• Chromed speedometer assembly features an integrated electric fuel gauge. Large size digits are easy to read. Other functions include engine trouble warning light, high beam indicator light, turn signal indicator lights and coolant temperature warning light.
•Convenient, 3-in-1 main ignition switch combines the ignition, fork lock and under seat storage compartment lock in one convenient switch
•Unique “G-Lock” anti-theft rear wheel locking system. There is a small lever beside the ignition switch that when moved to the lock position, not only prevents the rear wheel from turning but also slides a cover over the key slot of the ignition switch. It is similar to shifting the transmission on an automatic car into park.
•Rugged chromed rear rack adds additional carrying capacity. Maximum capacity is 3 kgs.
• Small front storage pocket in front apron.
• Handy chrome rear carrier.
•Push-to-cancel-type turn signals enhance ease of use.
•Easy-to-use centre stand
•Low-maintenance, sealed battery
•Locking fuel cap and steering
•Heat shield on muffler
•Flexible turn signals that resist damage
•Front and rear side reflectors help maximize visibility in city traffic.
•Additional helmet or luggage hook near the ignition switch area
• 3-D Vino logos on side covers
•Chromed headlight, turn signals and rear carrier
• Lean angle sensor will kill the engine in the event of a tip over to prevent engine damage.
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha Vino 50 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $2,799 CDN
4-stroke, liquid cooled, SOHC, 3-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
38 x 43.6 mm
Mikuni 19mm throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
46 kpl / 130 mpg (imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Fully automatic CVT
V-belt / Spur gear
Single shock unit swingarm
/// CRITICAL DATA
1,665 mm (65.6”)
630 mm (24.8”)
1,005 mm (39.6”)
1,160 mm (45.7”)
715 mm (28.1”)
4.6 litres (1 Imp. gallons)
81kg (179 lbs)
77kg (170 lb)
Vivid Candy Red
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).