Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha YZ85 Review
2015 Yamaha YZ85 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The Mini Racer of Choice for Future Champs…
The 2015 YZ85 is ready to race and features a high performance 2 stroke engine for instant power and legendary Yamaha durability. Plus, that 2 stroke simplicity means low cost maintenance!
The revised YZ85 is ready to race right out of the crate with features like a super potent 85cc , crankcase reed-valve 2-stroke power plant, a rigid single backbone frame and adjustable suspension. For 2015 we have redesigned the bodywork to provide a more modern and aggressive appearance. Join the “Blue Team” and get ready to fill your trophy case.
2015 Yamaha YZ85 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
•All-new aggressive styling for 2015 with a new front fender, number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates.
•Clutch lever reach adjuster to accommodate smaller hands for younger riders.
•Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
•Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
•Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
•Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
New for 2015:
•Enhanced styling for a new front fender, front number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates. New coloring on the triple clamps and handlebars mimics the styling of the big YZs.
•Improved air intake efficiency as well as intake/exhaust port timing has been revised for improved performance.
•Clutch lever reach adjuster added to accommodate rider preferences and varying hand sizes.
•New seat cover color and sharp new graphics.
Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp moto-wining handling.
2015 Yamaha YZ85 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
• Crankcase reed valve induction and 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor ensures seamless throttle response across the powerband.
• Lightweight, forged piston means less reciprocal mass and less friction for a faster revving engine with excellent durability.
• CD ignition system provides a hot, precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration. This is a maintenance-free system.
• Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission with involute splines on main and drive shafts are mated to a heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch delivering maximum hook-up for outstanding acceleration and smooth, positive shifting.
• Clutch cover features a quick remove sub-cover for fast, easy clutch access.
• Lightweight radiator with large size cores and special louvers provides maximum cooling efficiency.
• Washable, dual-stage, foam filter ensures great air filtering performance and easy, economical maintenance.
• Lightweight exhaust system is specially designed to create a broad powerband with strong low-end punch. The aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels.
• Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp moto-wining handling
• Detachable rear subframe allows easy access for suspension maintenance
• Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm provides excellent rigidity for awesome rear wheel control and traction.
• Lightweight, adjustable 36mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork provides 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel and adjusts for compression and rebound damping. Adjustments include: 20 clicks of both compression and rebound damping. Their construction offers YZ125/250 type valving and low-friction seals to ensure a smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance and handling. Optional fork springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
• Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock providing 282mm (11.1″) of wheel travel. The piggyback design helps to keep the shock cool during a long moto to provide fade resistant damping and consistent performance. Adjustments include spring preload, 20 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping. Optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
• 220mm front disc with twin piston caliper and stainless steel rotor deliver strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
• “Shorty style” adjustable front brake lever can be tailored to fit various hand sizes.
• New clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment to better suit various hand sizes.
• 190mm stainless steel rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston caliper. The caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector.
• Lightweight 17″ front and 14″ rear DID rims provide excellent durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
• All new, more aggressive body styling for 2015. Front fender, rad shrouds, side covers, seat cover and graphics are new for 2015.
• Slim line body design and flat seat provide excellent freedom of movement for the rider. The seat features a pebble finish type seat cover.
• Sealed tapered steering head bearings for durability.
• Serrated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip provide superb grip and excellent durability.
• Wide, cast-alloy footpegs are serrated to provide superb grip and ground clearance.
• Stainless steel inner clutch cable ensures longer life and smooth operation
• Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers help reduce dirt, mud, and water entry for improved durability.
• Convenient lifting holes in side cover.
• Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing and also protects the rear sprocket.
• YZ85 large wheel kit (19″/17″) is available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories.
• E10 friendly fuel system components
2015 Yamaha YZ85 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,090 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from October, 2014
Engine Type 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke 47.5 x 47.8mm
Compression Ratio 8.2:1
Fuel Delivery Keihin® PWK 28
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc brake, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic single disc brake, 190mm
Tires / Front 70/100-17 Dunlop®
Tires / Rear 90/100-14 Dunlop®
L x W x H 71.7 x 29.8 x 45.7 in
Seat Height 34.0 in
Wheelbase 49.5 in
Ground Clearance 13.8 in
Fuel Capacity 1.3 gal
Wet Weight*** 157 lb
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha YZ85 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4,249 CDN
2-stroke, liquid-cooled,crankcase reed-valve,single
BORE AND STROKE
47.5 x 47.8mm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Kick
Adjustable 36mm inverted fork / 275mm (10.8″) travel
Fully adjustable link Monocross / 282mm (11.1″) travel
220mm disc / twin piston
190mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
5 litres (1.1 imp. gallons)
71kg (157 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).