THE ADVENTURE STARTS HERE.
2020 Honda CB500X ABS:
Again and again since its 2013 launch, the popularity of Honda’s CB500X has caught many people by surprise, but it really shouldn’t—especially after last year’s adventure-focused makeover, which included a bump-absorbing 19 inch front wheel, a long-travel shock, a slipper clutch and more. A true adventure machine, the CB500X is available in standard and ABS versions, and it shines when conditions reward light weight, maneuverability and smooth power. And when the work schedule doesn’t permit a real adventure, the CB500X also boasts stellar performance as a commuter.
Sometimes you feel like picking a corner of the map and exploring. And sometimes, you need a quick ride to the corner store. For a compact bike that can handle real adventures, and all the commutes in-between, you need the Honda CB500X. The 471cc twin-cylinder engine offers easy-to-access power and plenty of torque. Light and powerful, this bike shines on backroads and city streets alike. Together with rugged styling, long-travel suspension, a tall windscreen and more, it’s ready for adventure.
CB500X ABS: $6,999
Availability: January 2020
Color: Grand Prix Red
2020 Honda CB500X ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
2020 Honda CB500X ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- Fuel-droplet size optimized for improved spray penetration in intake, resulting in better combustion, which creates linear power from first crack of the throttle through to rpm redline.
- Small battery, positioning of components enables good air-intake volume. Straight velocity stacks, separators between the cylinders make for minimal turbulence, resulting in good power at every rpm.
- Valve timing maximizes torque for good roll-on response.
- Model-specific fuel-injection settings allow linear power delivery, with emphasis on low- and midrange power and precise throttle response.
- Muffler has large volume before and after catalytic converter. Backpressure optimized for strong low-end and midrange power. Dual-outlet muffler tip results in racy-sounding exhaust note to match power.
- Slipper clutch design adapts to load stresses for good hook-up under heavy acceleration and minimal engine braking under downshifting.
- Clutch design with engineering found in the CBR1000RR enables light lever pull, especially helpful in stop-and-go traffic.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Large, 19″ front wheel for good bump absorption and high-speed handling.
- Rear tire design with deep-grooved tread for good off-road traction.
- Shock with advanced pressure-separation design from Honda’s large sport models is stable and predictable for good rear-wheel tracking and traction.
- Long-travel suspension for strong performance through stroke, minimal bottoming and good ground clearance.
- Full-featured display has large screen and thin bezel, includes upshift indicator that can be set to different rpm settings.
- Tall windscreen for great wind protection during high-speed cruising.
- Seat is narrow above pegs to aid touching feet to ground at stops.
- Tapered handlebar provides good feedback, control and style, while rubber-mounted handlebar clamp minimizes vibration to rider’s hands.
- Adventure styling looks aggressive, shroud design helps direct radiator heat away from rider’s legs.
One-year, transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
2020 Honda CB500X ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: starting from $ 6999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See dealer for pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Type||471cc liquid-cooled 20º parallel twin|
|Valve Train||DOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0mm x 66.8mm|
|Induction||PGM-FI fuel injection w/ 34mm throttle bodies|
|Ignition||Full transistorized ignition|
|Final Drive||15T/41T; O-ring-sealed chain|
|Front||41mm telescopic fork; 5.9 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link® single shock w/ nine-position spring preload adjustability; 5.9 in. travel|
|Single two-piston caliper w/ 320mm petal-style disc; ABS|
|Single one-piston caliper w/ 240mm petal-style disc; ABS|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27.5º|
|Trail||108mm (4.3 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||7.1 in.|
|Seat Height||32.7 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||4.6 gal.|
|Color||Grand Prix Red|
|Curb Weight*||434 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride Meets current EPA standards
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment Specifications subject to change
2020 Honda CB500X ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Bore & Stroke
67 mm x 66.8 mm
Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
#520 O-ring sealed chain
Chassis & Suspension
41 mm telescopic fork with spring preload adjustment, 136 mm (5.4 in) travel
Pro-Link® single shock with 5-stage spring preload adjustment; 135 mm (5.3 in.) travel
Front: 310 mm single wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper
Rear: 240 mm single wave hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper 2-channel ABS
830 mm (32.7 in)
1445 mm (56.9 in)
197 kg (434 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
Grand Prix Red, Mat Gunpowder Black Metallic
12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
2020 Honda CB500X ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).