2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT : THE SPIRIT THAT MOVES YOU.
Introducing the 2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT…
Renowned for versatility, reliability, and value, Suzuki’s V-Strom 650 models have attracted many riders who use their motorcycles for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. These are touchstone motorcycles balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat, and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure.
The 2021 V-Strom 650XT pairs the looks of Suzuki’s iconic DR-BIG rally bike with the tubeless-spoke wheels that offer real adventure function. And new this year is a stunning Candy Daring Red and Glass Sparkle Black paint scheme with graphics that complement the black-anodized rims on the tubeless, spoke-style wheels.
Continuing the V-Strom family tradition of being a fun and logical motorcycle to buy and ride, the 650XT’s engine delivers stellar performance and great fuel economy while achieving worldwide emission standards. Suzuki’s engineering accomplishments also include low weight and a trim chassis, creating a V-Strom 650XT that is versatile, controllable, and financially accessible.
The V-Strom 650XT is an Adventure bike that’s greater than the sum of its parts, offering versatility and reliability like no other bike in its class. Check out a V-Strom for your next ride and you’ll see it answers your motorcycling questions while bringing a big dose of fun when you take it down any type of road.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Ready for real adventure, the V-Strom 650XT has new Candy Daring Red and Glass Sparkle Black bodywork with black-anodized aluminum rims on the spoke-style wheels with tubeless radial dual-sport tires, hand guards, and a protective lower engine cowl.
- Liquid-cooled, 645cc, 90-degree, V-twin engine delivers strong torque in the low- to mid-rpm range, yet provides a strong rush of high-rpm power that’s ideal for any riding situation.
- Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, Easy Start System, Low RPM Assist feature, plus ABS** technology make a great motorcycle really incredible.
- ADV fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and adjustable windshield, houses a multifunction, illumination- adjustable instrument panel that delivers a wealth of information.
- The strong and light chassis has integrated mount points for unified Suzuki V-Strom luggage that’s easy to clip on and off and keeps the motorcycle trim when ready for touring.
THE ULTIMATE, TO DO-IT-ALL
Think of a challenge, an adventure. The answer to every thought. V-Strom 650XT. Road bends and stretches, two-up comfort, a tool that never lets you down.
The 645cc DOHC V-Twin is a masterpiece of Suzuki engineering which has an evolving history. For the new 650, this unit has been tuned for generous low-to-mid-range torque for practical use while maintaining an exhilarating top-end.
ADVANCED RIDER TECHNOLOGY
The V-Strom 650XT is equipped with some of the most advanced rider technology available, including an Advanced Traction Control System², Low RPM Assist and Suzuki Easy Start System.
SOLID AND SMART
With the new design concept “Solid and Smart”, the new model now has an updated look. Suzuki’s original “Beak” style has been further emphasised by making it a straight line from the tip to the top of the tank, expressing the DNA from the DR-BIG and the desert racer DR-Z. Champion yellow is a new colour for the V-Strom series, relating to the off-road racing scene of Suzuki.
BIG HERITAGE, BIG ADVENTURES
Inheriting the Beak from the original DR-BIG, the V-Strom soars high, out of the city, over the mountains, and over all borders. The heritage from DR-BIG, is now ready to support your adventures, either BIG or daily. DR-BIG being the first Adventure model to have a “Beak”, the V-Strom brand has inherited that distinctive look. With the new design featuring a more direct line from the tip of the beak to the top of the tank.
Contributing in giving the V-Strom 650XT its striking image is the head light and tail lamp. The high and low beam of the light weight headlight is in a compact vertical configuration and realise brightness equivalent to the previous twin head lights, while when on high beam, both low and high bulbs illuminate providing a broader lit up area. The newly featured LED tail lamp, also in kin with its bigger brother, has a high visibility and contributes to weight savings.
OPTIMISED SCREEN DESIGN
The windscreen has been extended 9mm upwards to reduce the windblast and buffering to the body, while the shape has been changed to control the wind flow rather than to simply create a wind-free zone. By making the boundary between the protective area and the not-protective area a blur, the rider will be able to move more freely due to less turbulence and feel a natural wind flow. The screen can also be adjusted to one of three pre-set positions using four screws.
CLEAN AND CLEAR
The easy to see and easy to operate/understand instrument cluster provides rich information to the rider. The new instrument cluster incorporates a large analogue tachometer and digital readouts for the gear position and speedometer. The digital section below displays the odometer, twin-trip meter, clock, fuel level, coolant temperature, ambient temperature⁴, battery voltage, range on remaining fuel, average and instantaneous fuel consumptions, and traction-control modes.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Using SV650 engineering, the V-Strom 650XT’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has been tuned to deliver clean, strong power at any rpm.
- Low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help deliver high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- Unique engine cover hardware and select fasteners are designed to permit the use of Torx or conventional hex-style
- The sleek 2-into-1 exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low
- The fuel-injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki’s patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650XT has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power It also helps reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the updated intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, which aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- The V-Strom 650XT is equipped with Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF), and the difference between the modes is their sensitivity to road Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level, most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level, suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- This V-Strom also features the Suzuki Easy Start System, which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start button without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The compact radiator is flanked by wind-directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
- The six-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight first through fifth gear ratios and a tall top gear (sixth gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
- The beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and new mounting structure, helps the V-Strom 650XT cut through the wind, protecting the rider in style.
- The three-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting, and rider fatigue.
- The fuel tank has a generous 3-gallon capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat, which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
- The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank are updated so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
- The spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom
- Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension are combined with a rebound damping adjustment and hand-operated spring preload
- Spoke-style wheels, with black-anodized aluminum rims laced with stainless steel spokes, absorb shock from irregular road surfaces well and accept tubeless tires.
- Adventure-spec Bridgestone Battlax 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires are mounted to the spoke-style wheels for all-around good performance.
- Front dual 310mm disc brakes and a rear 260mm disc brake deliver controlled stopping
- Compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** system monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
- The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat, offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
- The V-Strom 650XT comes with hand guards and a protective lower engine
- The multifunction instrument panel features brightness-adjustable LED backlighting for its large diameter analog tachometer, digital speedometer, and LCD data
- LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge, and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include an ABS alert and a freeze warning icon, which together with the air temperature display warn of possible icy road conditions.
- Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
- The stacked, 65/55-watt halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
- The LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
- A handy 12-volt DC accessory outlet is mounted on the inner
- Genuine Suzuki Accessories include side and top cases, engine guards, low- and high- profile seats, heated grips, hand guards, and more.
- 12-month limited warranty
- Coverage period and additional benefits available through Suzuki Extended
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 9349 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £8299 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90˚ V-twin
Bore x Stroke 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in. x 2.5 in.)
Compression Ratio 11.2:1
Fuel System Fuel injection, SDTV-equipped
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Wet, multi-plate type
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, RK525SMOZ8, 118 links
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Tokico, 2-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes Rear Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front 110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
Tires Rear 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
Color Candy Daring Red / Glass Sparkle Black
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark Plug NGK MR8E-9
Headlight 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
Tail Light LED
Overall Length 2275 mm (89.6 in.)
Overall Width 910 mm (35.8 in.)
Overall Height 1405 mm (55.3 in.)
Wheelbase 1560 mm (61.4 in.)
Ground Clearance 170 mm (6.7 in.)
Seat Height 835 mm (32.9 in.)
Curb Weight 216 kg (476 lb.)
Warranty 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Extension Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
Overall length 2275 mm (89.57 in) Overall width 910 mm (35.83 in)
Overall height 1405 mm (55.31 in) Wheelbase 1560 mm (61.42 in)
Ground clearance 170 mm (6.69 in) Seat height 835 mm (32.9 in)
Kerb mass 216 kg (476 lbs) Fuel capacity 20.0 L (4.4 UK gallons)
Engine capacity 645 cc Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
Bore 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in x 2.5 in) Compression ratio 11.2 : 1
Lubrication Wet sump Ignition Electronic ignition
Fuel system Fuel injection Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Drive Chain Starter Electric
MPG* 67.26* CO2 100 g/km
Power 52.0 kW @ 8,800rpm (71 PS) Torque 62.0 Nm @ 6,300rpm (45.72 lb. ft)†
Front suspension Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped Rear suspension Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front brakes Disc, twin Rear brakes Disc
Front tyres 110/80R19M/C 59V Rear tyres 150/70R17M/C 69V
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).