Introducing the 2024 Kawasaki Elektrode…
From the brand behind the KX motocross powerhouse comes the Elektrode electric balance bike. Little rippers can now start their journey on two wheels as early as three years old. Meaning, the path to the podium now starts earlier than ever. It’s an official welcome to world-class, high-performance, iconic Kawasaki vehicles when young riders get started on the Elektrode.
Back for 2024 is the Kawasaki Elektrode electric balance bike. Little rippers can start their journey on two wheels as early as three years old with this electric balance bike. Meaning, the path to the podium starts earlier than ever. It’s an official welcome to world-class, high-performance, iconic Kawasaki family when young riders get started on the Elektrode.
Since engine noise and exhaust can often be intimidating to young children learning to ride, the Elektrode can help encourage those who might otherwise be nervous to see how much fun riding can be. Plus, with Lime Green paint, a number plate, and motocross-inspired graphics, riders will feel like their favorite Kawasaki Team Green race team idol.
The Elektrode is compact in size to allow for easy transportation in the back seat or trunk of a car, so riders can bring their favorite two-wheeler on camping trips, weekend getaways, or off-road excursions. Since it is designed and built in-house with young riders in mind, the Elektrode has the build quality and reliability that Kawasaki is known for and is ready to withstand years of fun. With the help of Kawasaki’s flagship electric balance bike, the whole family can get in on the fun and help kick-start the process of getting little rippers on their first bike.
Kawasaki’s first-ever electric vehicle—the Elektrode balance bike—is the perfect introduction to motorcycling for young riders. Its light weight, low center of gravity and parent-selectable speed modes make provide plenty of peace of mind as kids make their first steps toward becoming riders. Plus it’s designed and built by Kawasaki especially for young riders, so you know that the Elektrode offers the build quality and reliability for which the
Kawasaki brand is known.
2024 Kawasaki Elektrode Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- DESIGNED AND BUILT BY KAWASAKI
- POWERFUL 250W IN-WHEEL BRUSHLESS ELECTRIC MOTOR
- THREE SELECTABLE SPEED MODES (LOW/MID/HIGH) WITH PASSCODE PARENTAL LOCK
- PREMIUM DISC BRAKE
- Adjustable seat height, handlebar position, and brake lever reach
- Lightweight aluminum frame with low center of gravity
- Durable 16″ cast aluminum wheels and pneumatic tires
- Motocross style handlebar with twist throttle
- Foldable steel footpegs with rubber grip
- Frame-integrated battery with up to 2.5 hours of running-time
START THE GOOD TIMES
While standard bicycles are a common first step for a child learning to ride, few products exist to help bridge the gap to a small displacement motorcycle.
The Kawasaki Elektrode electric balance bike is an approachable bike for kids ages 3-8 and is the perfect first step in their journey on two-wheels. Now the whole family can get in on the fun and help kick-start the process of getting little rippers on their first bike.
A lithium-ion battery features up to 2.5 hours of running time* (or approximately nine miles) and is built into the frame to protect the battery from day-to-day wear and tear and potential damage from dirt, mud, rocks, and falls, ensuring long-lasting durability. Battery charger is included.
As a bonus, the Elektrode comes equipped with an auto-sleep feature that shuts off the power after ten minutes of inactivity, preserving the usable battery time and eliminating the worry if someone forgets to turn the unit off.
*Running time varies based on battery age, charge and the number of charge cycles it has had, rider weight, speed, and riding conditions.
Featuring a powerful 250-watt brushless in-wheel electric motor, the Elektrode offers a quiet, maintenance free experience. The motor position allows for a low center of gravity for better balance, making it easier to steer and handle.
Power is delivered in a smooth, linear fashion and gets the Elektrode moving in a mild, predictable way, gradually building the rider’s comfort and control. Since the electric motor has no external moving parts to maintain and is virtually silent, kids will feel less intimidated by the lack of motor, exhaust and chain sounds, leading to more uninterrupted fun.
PREMIUM DISC BRAKE
A 160mm rear-mounted mechanical disc brake provides ample stopping power for a more safe and fun experience. The brake operates like a motorcycle brake, allowing for a more seamless transition to bigger bikes down the road.
RUGGED FRAME AND FRONT FORK
Built Kawasaki tough with high-quality parts and sturdy construction, the lightweight yet strong and durable aluminum frame of the Elektrode can stand up to hard use by kids. A highly rigid steel front fork offers a solid feel, allowing young riders to easily get comfortable with steering the bike. A compact 32.76-inch wheelbase is ideal for agile handling.
The Elektrode is designed to resemble a big-kid motorcycle rather than a child’s bicycle. Styling features include Kawasaki KX-style front number plate, KX-inspired color and graphics, high quality paint, and motocross-inspired knobby tires.
2024 Kawasaki Elektrode Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The 2024 Elektrode electric balance bike leads the way with an air-cooled, brushless, in-wheel electric motor producing 250 watts of acceleration at the rear wheel. Power is delivered in a smooth, linear fashion and gets the Elektrode moving in a predictable way, gradually building the rider’s comfort with power and control. Since the electric motor is virtually silent, kids will feel less intimidated by the noise normally produced by the engines and exhaust of traditional motorcycles. Strategically located within the rear wheel, the motor contributes to the Elektrode’s low center of gravity for an ideal balance point that makes for a light steering feel and easy turning and leaning. The brushless electric motor has no moving external parts, making it easy to use and giving parents some peace of mind.
The Kawasaki Elektrode is the perfect electric bike for long periods of fun thanks to a long-lasting in-frame lithium-ion battery. On a single charge, the Elektrode can run for 2.5 hours* (or approximately nine miles) and only takes 2.5 hours to fully recharge, allowing ample time for kids to play. Since the battery is built into the aluminum frame, it is better protected from dirt, debris and any potential impact damage that could occur during hard use, increasing durability. As a bonus, the Elektrode comes equipped with an auto-sleep feature that shuts off the power after ten minutes of inactivity, preserving the usable battery time and eliminating the worry if someone forgets to turn the unit off.
Charging the Elektrode’s battery is easy and convenient. The provided charging cable can be plugged into the front of the bike and connected to any home outlet, making the Elektrode easy to charge anywhere. When not at home, the battery can also easily be charged from a car, camper or side-by-side vehicle, meaning the fun can continue even while on the go.
* Running time varies based on battery age, charge and the number of charge cycles it has had, rider weight, speed, and riding conditions.
Parent-controlled multiple speed modes allow riders to grow and adapt as their abilities increase. Three speed modes can be selected using the LCD screen located on the handlebars, making it quick and simple to switch between modes. Each mode caps the electric bike at a specific speed: low at 5mph, mid at 7.5mph, and high at 13mph. The power can also be turned off, transforming the Elektrode into a balance bike that is suited for any child at the beginning of their two-wheeled journey. In order to change modes, the bike must be completely stopped, creating an extra layer of safety for both the rider and parent. A special parental lock that requires a unique passcode deters unauthorized changing of power levels.
CHASSIS + ERGONOMICS
The Elektrode electric balance bike is made with the same renowned build quality that Kawasaki is known for and ensures that the Elektrode can stand up to the hard use a child will put it through. A lightweight aluminum frame provides the durability parents expect while remaining light for kids to handle, and its compact 32.8-inch wheelbase adds to its easy handling nature. A highly rigid steel front fork adorns the front of the bike which grants riders a solid feel for steering, and a 160mm rear-mounted mechanical disc brake provides ample stopping power at the pull of a lever, giving riders a stable, easy-to-use brake that promotes learning about stopping and regulating their speed.
To keep the Elektrode light and sturdy, Kawasaki designed special 16” cast-aluminum wheels which, when paired with a low seat height, provides a more planted feel for smaller riders and eliminates the need to upgrade to a larger wheel size as children grow. 16×2.125 HE-type tires and tubes with Schrader valves make servicing easy for parents, and the knobby tires allow the Elektrode to be ridden on several different types of terrain.
The Elekrode is designed to accommodate riders from ages 3 to 8 and having highly adjustable components makes it the perfect electric bike for growing riders. With over 4” of adjustability in the seat, the Elektrode can comfortably fit children 37” to 55” tall. Folding steel footpegs with rubber pads provide rigidity and versatility on the Elektrode, allowing for the bike to easily be converted to a balance bike with a simple fold. Kids can learn to use the Elektrode as a self-pushing balance bike with no motor friction/resistance first, then graduate to using the footpegs and electric motor/throttle.The handlebar design promotes an upright riding position without compromising knee space, providing the extra room as kids grow, and with a common-sized handlebar and seat, parents will have the ability to change and customize their child’s bike as they see fit.
Inspired by the KX motocross motorcycles that kids see at the races or on TV, the Kawasaki Elektrode is designed to look like a full-fledged off-road machine. A KX-inspired front number plate adorns the front of the Elektrode, and with the iconic Kawasaki Lime-Green coloring and racing graphics that match the popular off-road motorcycles, kids will feel just like one of their motocross idols. The smooth, clean lines contribute to the bike’s simple, sporty looks, and the dirt-inspired tires bring the Elektrode’s sleek style together.
Brushless In-Wheel Motor
Electric power is delivered in a smooth, linear way to give aspiring riders a mild, predictable feel of acceleration, which gradually builds confidence and provides a progressive experience of how fun bikes can be to control when the power kicks in.
• The 250-watt electric motor is located in the rear wheel, contributing to a low center of gravity and ideal balance for light steering feel and easy turning and leaning.
• The motor is completely sealed with no moving parts, which helps prevent water intrusion to increase durability.
• Quiet electric operation contributes to the non-intimidating package and allows backyard riding without disturbing the neighbors.
The large-capacity battery offers ample riding time without the need to change batteries mid-session, and being housed in the frame it is protected from day-to-day wear and tear and potential damage for added durability.
• The lithium-ion battery provides approximately 2.5 hours of running time from a single charge†, requires 2.5 hours for a full recharge, and will power the Elektrode to approximately nine miles on a single charge. †Running time varies based on rider weight, speed, and riding conditions.
• The Elektrode is equipped with an auto-sleep feature that shuts off the power after 10 minutes of inactivity, preserving usable battery time.
• The battery can be charged via a charging cable that conveniently connects between the front of the bike and any home outlet. It can be also charged from a car, camper or side by side vehicle so it can be ready to go even in remote locations.
• Housed within the aluminum frame, the battery is shielded from dirt, dust and rocks. The frame also helps protect it from potential damage from falls or hard use by kids, adding to the overall lifespan of the battery.
Three Speed Modes with Passcode Parental Lock
Parents can control power output with the Elektrode’s selectable speed modes. The lowest speed can work as a great introduction, and as kids gain confidence parents can increase the power to keep the ride fun and attuned to each child’s level.
• Three speed modes – Low, approximately 4.8 mph; Mid, approximately 7.2 mph; and High, approximately 12.6 mph – can be selected using an easy-to-use LCD screen on the handlebars.
For added safety, the speed modes can only be changed with the vehicle is stopped.
• A parental lock with a passcode allows only parents to change speed modes, preventing kids from adding in too much power too soon.
• Power can also be completely turned off so that the Elektrode can be use used as a balance bike.
Rugged Aluminum Frame
Kawasaki’s renowned build quality ensures that the Elektrode can stand up to hard use by kids. An aluminium frame, steel fork, and Kawasaki-crafted parts throughout add up to a tough package.
• Lightweight yet strong aluminum frame is durable for regular hard use, but light enough for kids to easily pick up from the ground.
• Highly rigid steel front fork offers a solid feel and lets young riders easily get the feel of steering the bike.
• Compact wheelbase contributes to easy handling.
• Handlebar and front wheel can be easily removed for easy transport in compact vehicles.
Large Disc Brake
• A 160mm rear-mounted mechanical disc brake, controlled by a lever on the left handlebar, provides a stable, easy-to-use brake that allows riders to learn how to stop and regulate their speed, two important skills to master that can be carried over when stepping up to a bigger bike.
Sturdy Wheels & Tires
• Cast-aluminium wheels designed by Kawasaki specifically for the Elektrode are light and are more durable than spoked or plastic wheels.
• 16-inch wheels paired with a low seat height provide smaller riders the increased stability that larger wheels offer, and remove the need to upgrade from a 12-inch to a 16-inch machine as the rider grows.
• Knobby tires provide excellent traction on various surfaces.
The Elektrode is sized to accommodate riders from ages 3 to 8, with a highly adjustable ERGO-FIT® seat height and a frame sized to accommodate it, which are paired with 16-inch wheels that work well for children of many sizes. The result is a machine that does not need to be upgraded to a larger
model as the rider grows.
• Adjustable seat height is 16.1 inches at the lowest point and 20.5 inches at the highest, accommodating 3- to 8-year-olds between 37 and 55 inches tall and weighing under 99 pounds.
• Folding steel footpegs with rubber pads as used on Kawasaki’s full-sized motorcycles are rugged and resist damage., They can also be folded up and out of the way to allow the rider to use the Elektrode as a balance bike.
• Handlebar design contributes to an upright riding position, while leaving plenty of room for the knees of growing young riders.
• Handlebar and seat component sizes are common with many standard bicycle parts for those who want to further customize the fit, feel and appearance of the Elektrode.
KX™ Motorcycle-Inspired Styling
Designed to look more like a full-fledged motorcycle than a toy the Elektrode is reminiscent of Kawasaki’s KX motocross models kids can see in posters, magazines and Kawasaki’s factory racing team on TV.
• KX-style front number plate enhances the Elektrode’s race-inspired design.
• In-frame battery mount provides smooth, clean lines for simple, sporty looks.
• Color and graphics matching Kawasaki’s off-road lineup provide a feeling of excitement that riders are on a bike similar to the pros or their parents.
2024 Kawasaki Elektrode – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $1,099 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $1,449 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Motor Air-Cooled, Brushless, In-wheel
Motor Output 250 W
Battery Type Lithium-ion
Battery Voltage/Capacity 36 V, 5.1 Ah
Running Time 150+ minutes
Front Tire Size 2.125 x 16
Rear Tire Size 2.125 x 16
Brake Type Rear Mechanical Disc
Wheelbase 32.8 in.
Overall Length 48.6 in.
Overall Width 22.9 in.
Overall Height 30.2 in.
Seat Height Adjustable 16.1-20.5 in.
Curb Weight= 32.0 lb.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.
* = Changes from previous model year.
= = Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
2024 Kawasaki Elektrode – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Rated Output 250 W
Motor Air-cooled, brushless, in-wheel
Riding Modes Low / Mid / High
Max Speed by Mode 8 km/h / 12 km/h / 21 km/h
Battery Lithium-ion (in-frame)
Battery Voltage/Capacity 36 V 5.1 A (187.2 Wh)
Running Time 150+ minutes
Battery Charging Time 2.5 h
Max Battery Charging Cycles 500 (after which 80% of original charge capacity)
Front Suspension ø28.8 mm steel fork
Front Tire 16 x 2.125
Rear Tire 16 x 2.125
Rear Brake ø160 mm mechanical disc
Dimensions (L x W x H) 1,235 x 582 x 767 mm (48.6 x 22.9 x 30.2 in)
Wheelbase 832 mm (32.8 in)
Road Clearance 139 mm (5.5 in)
Seat Height 410-520 mm (16.1-20.5 in)
Curb Mass** 14.5 kg (32 lb)
Instrumentation Handle-mounted LCD screen with speed mode selector (including passcode parental lock) and battery charge indicator
Warranty 12 months: frame, fork, handlebar, front wheel/axle/nuts, number plate, brake lever, seat post, seat clamp, frame under cover; 90 days: battery, rear in-wheel motor, control housing, charging harness, throttle assembly, battery charger, controller; 30 days: seat, footrests, brake cable, brake pad, brake rotor/ caliper, paint/decals, tires and inner tubes
Kawasaki Protection Plus Not available
*Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
KAWASAKI CARES: Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and proper apparel. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Read Owner’s Manual and all on-product warnings. Professional rider shown on a closed course. 2020 Canadian Kawasaki Motors, Inc.
Specifications subject to change.
2024 Kawasaki Elektrode – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).