Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda GL1500CD Valkyrie Deluxe
– 2001 Honda GL1500CD Valkyrie Deluxe
The King of Cruisers, now available with highly polished aluminum wheels, is designed for the custom rider who wants performance first, aggressive styling, and legendary Honda durability.
New for 2001
· Pearl Dark Blue/Pearl White stripe and Black/Metallic Silver stripe paint.
· Highly polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing, and a free-flow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover, and reshaped head covers add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close gear-ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts, and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis features solidly mounted engine for confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 130mm of plush, well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 120mm of wheel travel.
· Large-section radial tires provide superb grip and an excellent ride.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Long-range 21.2 litre fuel tank.
· Large, comfortable two-piece custom seat features a detachable passenger section and rear backrest.
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.9-inch seat height.
· Low, 28.9-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
· Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight with unique eyebrow-style chrome case and multi-reflector-type lens.
· Chrome-case-enclosed tachometer and speedometer with attractive white-colored faces.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· High-quality two-tone or black solid-color finishes combine with the powerful styling and many chromed components to deliver a stunning visual presence.
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips.
· Transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Audio options include CB radio with available antenna, passenger audio controller, and headsets.
· Leather saddlebags.
· Studded backrest pad.
· Studded custom seats.
· Chromed items include exhaust finishers, sidecovers, handlebar levers, lever bracket holders, master cylinder cap, engine hanger cover, oil filler cap, radiator cap, radiator screen, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, sidestand, swingarm pivot covers, passenger footpeg brackets, front fender ornament, front fender guard, front fender trim, rear fender trim, rear carrier, backrest trim, Valkyrie emblem, and fork case covers.
· Deluxe backrest pad.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R – 17
180/70R – 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
352 kg (773.8 lbs.)
27.6 litres (6.1 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.