Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2002 Honda VT1100C3 Shadow Aero
Aero is Honda’s retro VT1100. From its stretched overall length of 2502 millimetres to its ultra-low seat, the Aero emphasizes the best of classic styling. The valenced fenders, floorboards and fishtail exhaust all give the Aero it’s classic profile while the ultra-wide 140/80-17 front and 170/80-15 rear tires offers a wide footprint. The custom saddle offers a high level of comfort while the detachable passenger portion allows an even more radical look when cruising solo.
The VT1100C3 Aero. The perfect antidote for a weekend in the office.
· The Shadow Aero V-twin engine features the smooth-running offset dual-pin crankshaft, pumping out impressive power at all engine speeds. The engine’s broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
· Rubber engine-mounting isolates unwanted vibrations for comfortable cruising.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Heavily chromed two-into-one-into-one exhaust system produces rich V-twin sound and enhances appearance with a low-slung look and stylish fishtail tip.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
· Smooth-shifting five-speed gearbox with chromed heel-toe shifter has the right gear for any speed, enhancing the engine’s power characteristics.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Extensive use of chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover, and starter cover.
· Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complement chrome finishes.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Overall length of 2.17 metres contributes to the Aero’s stretched-out classic look and low seat height.
· Sturdy, 41mm front fork with chromed covers provides 150mm of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable and compliant ride.
· Casual riding position with 965mm wide handlebar and low, 725mm saddle-style seat offers all-day comfort and custom appearance.
· Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong and lightweight wire-spoke wheels.
· Ultra-wide, low, 140/80-17 front tire on chromed spoked rim enhances timeless styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
· Large, beautifully finished 16 litre gas tank offers extended touring range.
· Custom, wide saddle with detachable passenger portion offers a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
· Sleek, retro styling features deeply valanced front and rear fenders with chromed accent trim and fisheye-style turn signals on chrome mounting bars.
· Polished aluminum floorboards feature a hinged design for added comfort and functionality.
· Chromed brake pedal has rubber pad for excellent grip and features hinged design to complement hinged floorboard.
· Beautifully chromed headlight nacelle houses the electric speedometer that features a large white face with easy-to-read classic numerals.
· Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight with plastic lens provides superb lighting and lightweight design.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch and handlebar-mounted choke lever.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Polished aluminum master cylinder, handlebar switch-housings, and triple-clamp assembly.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Maintenance-free YTX battery.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Chrome accessories include: backrest with pad, backrest plate, backrest/rear carrier stays, rear carrier (square tube), radiator side trim, radiator guard, front fender extension, rear fender extension, front fender ornament, rider floorboards, handlebar levers, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, master cylinder cap, clutch lever bracket, lever bracket holders, oil filler cap, solo rider rear carrier (round tube), sidecovers, passenger footpeg brackets, horn.
· Billet accessories include: driveshaft bolt cover, master cylinder cap, license plate frame, ignition and clutch cover set, coolant filler assembly.
· Soft goods include: leather saddlebags, studded custom main seat, studded custom passenger seat, studded custom backrest pad, leather touring bag.
· Additional accessories include: gold tank emblem set, saddlebag stays.
1099cc liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin, dual offset pin crank
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; 3 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting hydraulic
Twin 36mm, diaphragm-type, CV
41mm fork; 150mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment; 95mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
1680mm (66.1 in.)
725mm (28.5 in.)
279kg (615.0 lbs.)
16L (3.6 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.