Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Good Times™ come in small packages.
Cruising is fun. Especially when you’re aboard a smooth-running Vulcan® 500 LTD. It’s a custom In-Line Twin offering responsive performance with a big dose of value. The 500 LTD is our lightest Vulcan, and its low 28.1-inch (715 mm) seat height and Positive Neutral Finder make it extra-friendly for new riders.
Kawasaki’s answer to the entry-level cruiser question is the Vulcan 500 LTD. This economically priced motorcycle combines the style, fit and finish, and laid-back riding position of a larger cruiser with a versatile, powerful engine.
– In-Line twin-cylinder engine with efficient 4-valve heads and digital ignition for smooth, consistent power delivery.
– A gear-driven engine balancer, efficient liquid cooling and easy-maintenance final chain drive help ensure worry-free smoothness and proven reliability.
– The 6-speed gearbox features a Positive Neutral Finder to simplify finding neutral when you stop.
– Straight flow exhaust designed to boost low and mid-range power. Small diameter pipes help low speed pulling power.
– With a 3.3-gallon (700 litre) fuel tank, low 28.1-inch (715 mm) seat height and a powerful front disc brake for more predictable braking, the Vulcan 500 LTD is a perfect platform for your first cruiser experience.
– The Vulcan 500 LTD looks long, low, lean and clean thanks to its raked front fork, its tank-mounted speedometer, the wide handlebar bend, the thickly padded stepped seat and bobbed rear fender.
– Riding comfort is enhanced by the sophisticated twin adjustable rear shocks and the plush 41mm front fork.
Vulcan 500 Ltd.
Engine type 4-stroke In-Line Twin
Bore x stroke 74 x 58mm
Compression Ratio 10.2:1
Valve system DOHC, 8 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Fuel system Keihin CVK32 x 2
Ignition Digital electronic
Transmission 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive O-Ring chain
Frame type Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 33°/150 mm (5.9 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear Dual shocks with 5-way preload adjustment
Tire, front 100/90-19
Tire, rear 140/90-15
Brakes, front/rear Disc/drum
Wheelbase 1595 mm (62.8 inches)
Seat height 715 mm (28.1 inches)
Fuel capacity 15 litres (3.3 gallons)
Dry weight 199 kg (439 pounds)
Colours Purplish Black Mica
GTPP available 2/3 year
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.