Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200
Ride like the wind.
When Sir Edmund Hillary reached the top of Mount Everest you admired his tenacity and drive. And when you travel, you always look for winding roads. Which is precisely why you should make the Kawasaki ZZR1200 your transportation of choice. Evolved from our amazing ZX-11, the ZZR1200 offers huge Ninja® performance dressed in luxurious sport-touring bodywork. Its 1,164cc DOHC In-Line Four offers incredible power. Realistic ergonomics and an enveloping fairing with anti-vibration rearview mirrors provide comfort for real people. And performance parts like a hydraulically adjustable rear shock and 17-inch radial tires — well, that’s sport touring!
The sporting adventurer need look no further than the Kawasaki ZZR1200 sport-touring motorcycle. An ideal vehicle for motorcyclists obsessed with the road, the ZZR1200 is a perfect blend of performance, comfort and style wrapped in a genuine grand-touring package. Originally conceptualized for the European market, the ZZR comes stateside with the best of Kawasaki’s ZRX1200 and NINJA ZX-11 traits. The result is a machine that offers sporty handling, a powerful yet user-friendly engine, comfortable ergonomics and an upscale appearance.
– Large-displacement 1,164cc In-Line Four engine is smooth, powerful and very responsive.
– Special engine tuning delivers strong mid-range torque for sport touring adventurers.
– Advanced Ninja® technology includes: DOHC lightweight 16-valve alloy cylinder head.
– Electroplated linerless alloy cylinder block. Low friction pistons. Dual fuel pumps. Twin radiator fans. Wide-ratio 6-speed transmission.
– Four huge 40mm CVKD semi-downdraft Keihin carburetors with a K-TRIC electronic throttle position sensor result in smooth, linear throttle response.
– Powerful, twin multi-reflector headlights plus advanced clear turn signal lenses deliver crisp clean styling.
– Anti-vibration mirrors offer remarkably clear rear view.
– Spacious ergonomics position the rider with a comfortable reach to the handlebars and footpegs.
– Front suspension features a 43mm conventional cartridge fork tuned for comfort and long-distance road work.
– Huge 320mm dual front disc brakes with dual 4-piston calipers deliver strong braking performance.
– Hydraulically controlled remote spring preload for the Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® rear suspension makes adjustment quick and easy.
– High-strength aluminum rear swingarm with hexagonal side arms and hollow cast cross brace for strength and rigidity.
– High-output alternator and battery for attaching electrical touring accessories.
– Accessory hard saddlebags are available from your Kawasaki dealer.
Engine type 4-stroke, In-Line Four
Bore x stroke 79 x 59.4mm
Compression Ratio 10.6:1
Valve system DOHC, 16 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Carburetion Keihin CVKD40 x 4
Ignition TCBI with digital advance and K-TRIC
Transmission 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final drive O-Ring chain
Frame type Perimeter, aluminum with removable downtubes
Rake/trail 25°/104 mm (4.1 inches)
Suspension, front 43mm conventional cartridge hydraulic fork
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with gas-charged shock and hydraulically adjustable spring preload
Wheel travel, front/rear 119/119 mm (4.7/4.7 inches)
Tires, front, rear Tubeless radial; 120/70-ZR17; 180/55-ZR17
Brakes, front Dual 320mm semi-floating discs with dual 4-piston calipers
Brakes, rear Disc with 2-piston caliper
Wheelbase 1505 mm (59.3 inches)
Seat height 800 mm (31.5 inches)
Fuel capacity 23 litres (5.0 gallons)
Dry weight 236 kg (520 pounds)
Colours Moonliight Silver, Candy Thunder Blue, Black
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.