Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Suzuki SV650S
Sportbike SV650S – 2003 SV650SK3
– New generation SV650S with all-new frame, electronic fuel injection and an exciting new look.
– Electronic fuel injection system featuring the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV)- maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output. Includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS).
– New 16-bit ECM provides precise control of ignition timing and injector operation for each cylinder.
– Large throttle bodies fed by an 8.5 liter airbox with a flat-panel air filter for easy maintenance.
– Pulsed-air injection system (PAIR) reduces emissions.
– Sleek half fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights and folding mirrors.
– Compact instrument cluster includes analog tach, LCD speedometer, odometer/tripmeters, and temperature gauge, plus LCD clock and low fuel warning light.
– Steeply-angled tail section houses unique vertically-styled, high visibility LED taillight.
– Narrow, lightweight aluminum truss-style frame is constructed using high-vacuum die-cast process for more consistent strength and fewer individual welded sections.
– Large under-seat storage area, passenger grab-bar and tie-down hooks.
– New-style 4.7 gallon fuel tank with low fuel warning light.
– Compact 645 cc, 90 degree liquid-cooled V-twin, DOHC 8-valve engine tuned for strong low to mid rpm power.
– 90 degree V-twin cylinder layout eliminates primary vibration without a counterbalancer, keeping the engine simple and compact.
– Lightweight chain-driven DOHC, shim-under-bucket valve system with 31 mm intake valves and 25.5 mm exhaust valves.
– High capacity liquid-cooling system enhances engine performance and durability. Coolant routing is integrated with the clutch cover and engine case for a cleaner look and reduced weight.
– Smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission with vertically staggered transmission shafts for a shorter, more compact crankcase.
– Plastic outer clutch cover and engine sprocket cover for reduced weight and noise.
– Lightweight 2-into-1 exhaust system tuned for strong low and mid-range torque.
– 41 mm front forks with 130 mm of wheel travel provide a smooth, compliant ride.
– Link-type single-shock rear suspension with 7-way adjustable preload.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight with high torsional rigidity.
– Powerful dual hydraulic disc front brakes with 290 mm floating rotors and adjustable brake lever position.
– Single disc rear brake with 240 mm rotor.
– Wide radial tires mounted on lightweight, 3-spoke cast aluminum wheels.
– Hinged fuel tank swings up for easy access to the airbox and carburetors.
Engine: 645 cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90° V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 70 hp (51.5 kW)/ 9,000 rpm, 61.7 Nm/ 7.400 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 81.0 x 62.6 mm
Compression ratio: 11.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2045 mm (80.5 in.)
Overall Width: 740 mm (29.5 in.)
Overall Height: 1130 mm (44.5 in.)
Seat Height: 805 mm (31.7 in.)
Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
Wheelbase: 1420 mm (55.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 169 kg (372 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, fully adjustable preload
REAR: Link-type, 7-way adjustable spring preload
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 16 liter (4.2 gal.) 15 liter (4.0 gal.) CA model
Color: Silver, Orange
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.