2006 Honda CRF250R
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
NO PRESS IMAGE RELEASED YET
2006 Honda CRF250R
– 2006 Honda CRF250R
Racing improves the breed, which means this class-leading front runner enters 2005 with a host of new features plus a lighter weight.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
– New cylinder head porting for increased power at lower rpm.
– New camshaft profile increases low-rpm torque while maintaining maximum horsepower.
– New ignition map works in conjunction with new cylinder head and camshaft for improved power at virtually all engine speeds.
– New spark plug with side electrode for improved spark and complete combustion.
– New aluminum spark plug tube for lighter weight.
– New lightweight right engine cover for improved transmission and clutch lubrication.
– New stiffer clutch springs for improved feel and increased durability.
– New shift drum, shift forks and shift fork shafts for more precise shifting.
– New rear hub is lighter and stronger.
– New swingarm construction for lighter weight.
– New exhaust pipe for lighter weight and mass centralization.
– New muffler design for lighter weight and mass centralization.
– New rear brake pad insulators for consistent braking action.
– New fork and rear suspension valving for improved bump absorption.
– New front axle placement for improved fork action and turning.
– New improved Pro-Link(r) ratio.
– Overall bike lighter by 2.0 pounds.
– Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam(tm) engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm range for easy-to-control operation.
– Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide superb operation, hot or cold.
– Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 52.7 pounds.
– Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam drive and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
– Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction roller rocker-arm.
– Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
– Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
– ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
– Forged 12.9:1 compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
– Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
– Nikasil(r) cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
– Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder head design.
– 37mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
– Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
– Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination to the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
– Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
– Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum muffler.
– Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
– Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch disks provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s impressive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
– Durable five-speed close-ratio transmission.
– Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminum frame is derived from Honda’s CR(r) series. Forged aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are designed to optimize frame rigidity. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and thin frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
– Frame design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
– The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
– Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast aluminum cross-member.
– Front and rear wheels feature HRC(r) works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples.
– Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
– Rear axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
– Lightweight, 47mm inverted Showa(r) twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers. The fork offers 12.4 inches of travel, 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
– Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.4 inches of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters and 17-position rebound damping.
– Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
– Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
– HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the rear master cylinder reservoir and hose.
– Large, 240mm front and rear brake discs.
– All plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate), offer a slim, aggressive style and light weight.
– Frame design allows airbox sidecovers to have larger intake ducts, contributing to significant airflow in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges.
– Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
– Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
– “Non-slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
– Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master cylinder design.
– Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
– Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
– CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: standard CRF250R holder (CRF450/CR125R-type) provides +/- 3mm fore or aft position to match rider preference, and optional holder (CR250R-type) provides neutral position.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Adjustable front brake lever.
– Quick-adjust clutch perch for easy cable adjustment.
– Clutch lever designed to improve feel and action.
– Dunlop D742 front and D756 rear tires are fitted for maximum traction and cornering performance.
– Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, with a service life five times greater than conventional materials.
– Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
– Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
– Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
– Repackable silencer for maximum performance and minimal noise.
– Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
– Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
– Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance for off-road bike transport vehicle while motorcycle is being transported, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 52.2mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 37mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/51T
Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 58.2 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.50¡
Trail: 123mm (4.8 inches)
Seat Height: 38 inches
Ground Clearance: 14.2 inches
Dry Weight : 204 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Suggested Retail Price: $5,999.00