2007 Honda CRF450X
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda CRF450X
2007 Honda CRF450X
With numerous magazine accolades and roaring approval from riders coast to coast, the electric-start CRF450X is the favorite big-bore off-road machine for racers and weekend warriors alike.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
– New one-piece cover protects throttle cable by keeping out dirt and water.
– Carburetor features new accelerator pump and linkage for improved throttle response.
– Lighter rear chain guide.
– Electric-start system for easy starting in all conditions.
– Fuel-tank capacity is 2.27 gallons.
– Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
– USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
– Powerful 35w halogen headlight offers a wide range of illumination.
– Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
– Convenient sidestand integrated into left footpeg bracket can be easily removed for competition events.
– Easy-access air filter.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Suspension and chassis tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
– 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
– T-ring-sealed chain is narrower, stronger and lighter compared to conventional O-ring chains.
– Skid-plate and engine guards feature a unique three-piece design.
– Powerful four-stroke 449cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for off-road riding.
– Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
– Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor system provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.
– Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 71 pounds.
– Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam design and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
– Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 35mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 30mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction roller rockerarm.
– Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
– Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
– Clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
– Forged 12.0:1 compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
– Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes an updated big-end needle bearing and thrust washers for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
– Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
– Press-fitted aluminum spark-plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
– 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
– Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
– Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
– Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
– Exhaust system uses a lightweight, stainless steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
– Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design. Coolant recovery tank is located in front of the engine between the frame down-tubes for improved center of gravity. Coolant tank is protected by plastic skid-plate.
– Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
– T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower, and stronger compared to conventional chains.
– Durable and versatile five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
– Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminum frame. Forged-aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are designed to optimize frame rigidity. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and narrow frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
– Semi-double-cradle frame design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged-aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
– The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
– Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member offering high strength and light weight.
– 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF®450R.
– Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
– Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
– Lightweight 47mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived from the CRF450R and features settings unique to the CRF450X. The fork offers 12.4 inches of travel, 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives the same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
– Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.4 inches of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters and 17-position rebound damping.
– Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
– Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
– HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir and hose assembly.
– 240mm front and rear brake discs.
– All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front headlight) are designed for slimmer, more aggressive styling and lighter weight.
– Airbox features easy access to reusable foam air filter.
– Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
– Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
– “Non-slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
– Rear-brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master cylinder design.
– Wide, cleated, stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
– Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
– CR® handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: standard CRF450X holder (CRF450R/CR125R/CRF250R-type) provides +/- 3mm fore or aft position to match rider preference, and optional holder (CR250R-type) provides neutral position.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Adjustable front brake lever.
– Hot-start lever conveniently located on clutch perch.
– Quick-adjust clutch perch.
– Chain guide material offers durable wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
– Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
– Removable rear subframe allows for easy maintenance.
– Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
– Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
– Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
– Honda Racing™-inspired colors and graphics.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 40mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
Starting: Electric and kick
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T
Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 58.2 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.28°
Trail: 112.8mm (4.4 inches)
Seat Height: 37.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.7 inches
Dry Weight: 255 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.27 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
Meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards.
|2007 Honda Enduro Pricing
Prices are subject to change without notice.