2007 Honda XR650L
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda XR650L
2007 Honda XR650L
For adventure both on and off the pavement, the durable, powerful, electric-start XR650L has earned a reputation as the premier dual-sport ride.
Features & Benefits
– Bulletproof 644cc SOHC four-stroke engine produces power and torque ideally suited for both on- and off-road riding.
– Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) allows excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
– 42.5mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response, excellent driveability and maximum power.
– Reliable electric starter system allows easy push-button starting.
– Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes bothersome and tiring vibration.
– Free-flowing, two-into-one exhaust system with quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam chain tensioner and solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance keep you out of the shop and on the road.
– Dry-sump engine maximizes power by minimizing crankshaft windage and engine temperature.
– Durable five-speed transmission offers a gear for every on- or off-road situation.
– Heavy-duty multi-plate clutch.
– Heavy-duty, low-maintenance #520 O-ring drive chain.
– Semi-double-cradle steel frame is lightweight, strong and offers precise handling manners.
– 43mm XR™-spec Showa cartridge fork features 16-position compression damping adjustability and superb off-road performance.
– Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable 46mm Showa damper for exceptional rear wheel control both on and off road.
– Lightweight, strong and durable aluminum box-section swingarm with quick-detach rear wheel.
– Front and rear disc brakes offer superb stopping power.
– Lightweight yet super-strong wheels.
– Frame-mounted passenger footrests allow two-up riding capability.
– Aggressive dual-purpose front and rear tires offer excellent performance both on and off road.
– 18-inch rear wheel for greater tire selection.
– Lightweight rims and hubs feature straight-pull spokes.
– Honda Racing™-inspired colors and graphics.
– Combination headlight/number plate and dual airflow shrouds direct cool air to the engine.
– Enduro-style headlight features high/low beams.
– Motocross-style seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
– Large, durable fenders keep debris off the rider.
– Lightweight tubular engine guard.
– Wide-section folding, cleated footpegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
– High-output 12-volt electrical system.
– Flex-mounted turn signals resist breakage.
– Compact speedometer features tripmeter/ odometer, a neutral light as well as high-beam, turn-signal and sidestand indicators.
– Easy-to-use choke allows for simple cold-weather starts.
– Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– High-quality controls include comfortable grips and brush guards.
– Convenient helmet lock and rear-fender-mounted tool kit are standard equipment.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Engine Type: 644cc air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 100mm x 82mm
Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC
Carburetion: 42.5mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
Front: 43mm air-adjustable leading-axle Showa cartridge fork with 16-position compression damping adjustability; 11.6 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload,
20-position compression and 20-position rebound damping adjustability;
11.0 inches travel
Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single disc
Wheelbase: 57.3 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.0°
Trail: 102mm (4.0 inches)
Seat Height: 37.0 inches
Ground Clearance: 13.0 inches
Dry Weight: 324 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.8 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
2007 Honda XR650L Pricing
2007 Model (“L” designates California version) Color Suggested Retail Price
– XR XR650L7 Red $5,849.00
– XR650LL7 Red $5,849.00