2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
KAWASAKI’S VULCAN® 1500 CLASSIC: A FULL – SIZED CRUISER READY FOR THE OPEN ROAD
Performance and value that’s hard to beat
The Vulcan® 1500 Classic has long been one of Kawasaki’s best-selling cruisers, thanks to timeless styling and a big-bore V-twin engine wrapped in a package that’s a great starting point for a uniquely customized motorcycle. By tapping into the extensive line of Kawasaki accessories, riders can create a one-off ride like no other bike on the road.
The 1500 Classic’s V-twin engine has a single-pin crank which helps it produce a distinct V-twin rumble and more than 84 foot pounds of torque at 2,800 rpm. The power delivery is perfect for city streets and effortless highway cruising. The fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, SOHC design displaces 90 cubic inches and features elegantly sculpted cylinders and polished cooling fins. Each of the big 50-degree V-twin’s cylinders has four valves actuated by a single overhead cam.
The classic cruiser look is long and low, which is exactly how the Vulcan 1500 Classic’s chassis is designed. An extra-low 27.6-inch seat height, wide handlebar, forward-mounted floorboards and plush suspension system make the 1500 Classic a comfortable ride. The speedometer, fuel gauge and warning lamps are located on a center console on top of the wide 5.0-gallon fuel tank. A large-diameter, chrome halogen headlight not only illuminates the open road, but it gives the Classic a distinctive appearance.
Available in solid Ebony or two-tone Metallic Titanium / Metallic Ocean Blue, the Vulcan 1500 Classic can be customized with a plethora of authentic Kawasaki accessories which are available through your local Kawasaki dealer or direct from the internet at www.kawasaki.com.
– 1470cc / 90 cu. in.
– SOHC, 50° V-Twin
– 83.9 lbs.-ft. of torque at 2,800 rpm
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber decreases detonation with today’s low-octane gasoline
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Produces easy starting, smooth running, high performance and reduced exhaust emissions
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer & Rubber-Mounted Engine
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
– Engine is rubber-mounted to all but eliminate vibration at all speeds
– Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Allows easy shifting from first gear to neutral after coming to a stop, every time
– Reliable, quiet and low-maintenance
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Wide front and rear tires on sparkling 16-inch chrome wheels
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve per cylinder, 50° V-twin
Displacement: 1,470cc / 90 cu.in.
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 90.0 mm
Maximum torque: 84.6 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Fuel injection: DFI with dual 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Shaft
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.5 in.
Front tire: 130/90-16
Rear tire: 150/80-16
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Twin Shocks, with five-way adjustable preload / 3.4 in.
Brakes, front: Single 300mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
Brakes, rear: Single 270mm hydraulic disc
Overall length: 98.6 in.
Overall width: 39.2 in.
Overall height: 44.9 in.
Seat height: 27.6 in.
Dry weight: 660 lbs.
Wheelbase: 65.6 in.
Fuel tank capacity: 5.0 gal.
MSRP / Color choice: $9,699 Ebony; $9,899 Metallic Titanium / Metallic Ocean Blue