2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
KAWASAKI’S BRAWNY VULCAN® 1600 CLASSIC OFFERS MUSCULAR TORQUE AND SLEEK STYLING
Additional power and handling for demanding riders
A mature adaptation of the original Vulcan® 1500 Cruiser’s design, the Vulcan 1600 Classic adds a strengthened frame and extra power to take your rides to the next level. A low, “stretched” chassis gives it a sleekness all its own. Matching good looks with muscular V-twin power, the 1600 Classic gives its rider an experience that’s hard to forget.
With a 95 cubic inch V-twin engine providing plenty of low-end torque and excellent highway muscle, the Vulcan 1600 Classic has extra power for just about anything its rider chooses to do. Of course, extra power is nice for playtime, but when a trip calls for extended seat-time, the single-pin crankshaft provides a comforting rhythm that isn’t tarnished by harsh vibrations, thanks to the engine’s gear-driven counter balancer.
A large, 41mm telescopic fork works with the stout frame, to provide maximum rigidity for superb steering feel, easy side-to-side transitions and excellent ride quality. Dual rear shocks with four-way adjustable damping deliver exceptional comfort for long days in the saddle. Cast seven-spoke wheels allow the use of large tubeless tires and wide fenders to give the 1600 Classic its tough look.
The design details that make the 1600 Classic a one-of-a-kind American classic include a wide, pullback handlebar, stepped seat, dual slash-cut mufflers, and a multi-reflector headlight. Features of the integrated instrument cluster include an LCD screen, tank-mounted ignition switch, fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock.
– 1,552cc / 95 cu. in. SOHC, V-Twin
– Tuned for low- and mid-range power to deliver gutsy acceleration in the typical cruising range
– Oversquare 102 x 95mm bore and stroke help ensure punchy response and a broad spread of satisfying power
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Ring-type cooling fan is quiet and efficient
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s lower-octane gasoline
– Dished piston crowns allow for 9.0:1 compression ratio
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Fuel Injection System
– Digital control for maximum accuracy
– Produces easy starting, smooth running, high performance and reduced exhaust emissions
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
– Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
– Easy to operate and maintain
Chamberless Dual Mufflers
– Dual slash-cut mufflers give increased power feel
– Catalyzers built into each muffler to meet emissions regulations
– ECU controls the electromagnetic solenoid valve of the secondary air system to further reduce emissions
– Dual alternators provide enough output to power additional electrical accessories
– Uses twin 40 x 40mm square cross section tubes to create single backbone
– Use of single backbone accommodates larger capacity fuel tank
Long and Low
– Overall package is longer and lower than the Vulcan® 1500 Classic
43mm Telescopic Fork
– Provides increased rigidity, superb steering feedback and excellent ride quality
Dual Shocks With Four-Way Rebound Damping
– Deliver superb comfort and high stability
– Dual 300mm diameter discs and 300mm single rear disc provide abundant stopping power
Dished Cast Wheels
– Allow the use of tubeless tires
– Large tires and wheels give 1600 Classic a tougher look
Integrated Instrument Cluster
– Features LCD screen and tank-mounted ignition switch
– Incorporate fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock
– Ignition switch mounted on top of instrument cluster
– Self-canceling turn signals automatically shut off after eight seconds or traveling 213 feet
– Wider fenders enhance style
– Chrome-backed mirrors are stylish and corrosion resistant
– Locking left-side cover holds tool kit, while providing space for small items
Engine: Four-stroke, air/liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, V-twin
Displacement: 1,552cc / 95ci
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 95.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.6 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual air-assisted shocks / 3.7 in.
Front tire: 130/90×16
Rear tire: 170/70×16
Brakes, front: Dual 300mm hydraulic discs
Brakes, rear: 300mm disc
Overall length: 98.6 in.
Overall width: 40.9 in.
Overall height: 44.5 in.
Ground clearance: 5.1 in.
Seat height: 27.4 in.
Dry weight: 675 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Wheelbase: 66.1 in.
MSRP / Color choices: $10,699 Ebony; $10,899 Two-Tone Candy Cardinal Red / Metallic Phantom Silver