2007 Suzuki SV1000S
Back to 2007 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
2007 Suzuki SV1000S
2007 Suzuki SV1000S
2007 Suzuki SV1000S
– 2007 Suzuki SV1000S
You haven’t lived until you’ve accelerated hard out of a corner on a Suzuki SV1000S. Its liquid-cooled, 90-degree V-twin powerplant rewards you with a monstrous surge of torque and an incredibly wide powerband. The new SV1000S is built to be without question the most exciting V-twin sport bike you’ve ever ridden down a twisty road.
The SV1000S has handling to match its impressive powerplant. With technologically advanced chassis and suspension systems, it offers a superb combination of precise handling, solid stability and all-day riding comfort. And to increase its versatility, the fork and single piggyback-reservoir shock absorber are fully adjustable, so you can tune them to suit a variety of roads and riding styles.
– Maximum engine performance with 11.6:1 compression ratio, 54mm throttle bodies, short airbox inlet tube, optimum cam timing and two air pressure sensors per cylinder for more precise fuel injection volume control
– Liquid-cooled, 996cc 90 degree V-twin, DOHC 8-valve engine – tuned for exceptional low-to-mid rpm throttle response and torque
– Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) – maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output – includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
– 32-bit ECM with 22-trigger pole rpm sensor, provides more precise control of ignition timing and injector operation for each cylinder
– Large, 54mm throttle bodies fed by a 9.0 liter airbox with a flat-panel air filter for easy maintenance
– Pulsed-air injection system (PAIR) helps reduce emissions and California model equipped with catalyst in exhaust to reduce emissions
– Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement
– Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates 36 mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves set at a narrow 29 degree included valve angle – produces a compact combustion chamber and 11.6:1 compression ratio
– SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation
– Six-speed transmission features a wide diameter, hydraulically-operated clutch with back-torque limiter system – clutch cover includes a large-volume crankcase breather system
– High efficiency liquid-cooling system for optimum engine operation temperature – includes compact oil cooler
– Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound deadening plastic outer clutch cover
– Attractive stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum mufflers tuned to enhance the engine’s power characteristics and torque output
– Black-painted frame, swingarm, and wheels for more sport appearance
– Sleek half-fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights and folding mirrors
– Compact instrument cluster includes analog tach, LCD speedometer, odometer/tripmeters, and temperature gauge, plus LCD clock and low fuel warning light
– Steeply-angled tail section houses unique vertically-styled, high visibility LED taillight and compact rear fender
– Narrow, lightweight aluminum truss-style frame constructed with high-vacuum die-cast process for more consistent strength and fewer individual welded sections
– Low seat height and subframe position provide a comfortable seating position for both rider and passenger
– Cast aluminum handlebars connect to a fully adjustable 46 mm, cartridge-style front fork with 4.72 inches of wheel travel for sport performance and a comfortable ride
– Aluminum swingarm and link-type rear suspension features a fully adjustable piggyback style shock absorber with 5.12 inches of wheel travel
– Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and four-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 220mm rotor and dual-piston rear caliper
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels – F: 3.50 x 17 with 120/17 radial tire, R: 5.5 x 17 with 180/55 rear tire
– Large under-seat storage area, passenger grab-bar and tie-down hooks
4.5 gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light
From the Press Release:
2007 SUZUKI SV MODELS
For many riders the sound and feel of a sport V-twin motorcycle is the only way to go. A throaty exhaust note coupled with exceptional torque and agile handling are the primary reasons so many riders choose two cylinders instead of four. The award winning SV650 and SV650S provide a great starting point for new riders, but with enough performance to keep even experienced riders smiling. The larger SV1000S provides even greater performance, but with all the high-tech features and performance that Suzuki is known for.
2007 SUZUKI SV1000S
The Suzuki SV1000S is built for the rider who craves the sound and feel of a sporty V-twin machine.
The proven 996cc V-twin powerplant combined with a rigid and lightweight aluminum chassis, and sleek half fairing and tail section create the perfect V-twin sporting machine.
The powerful V-twin is a classic big-bore, short-stroke powerplant utilizing dual overhead cams, four valve heads and a bore and stroke of 98.0mm x 66.0mm. Pistons are forged aluminum-alloy with short wrist pins and cut-away sides for less reciprocating mass. Compression ratio has been set at 11.6:1 for optimum combustion and 54mm fuel injection throttle bodies provide a steady diet of fuel for the high performance machine. Two shotpeened chrome-moly steel connecting rods work side by side on a single crankshaft journal and two plain main bearings support a short rigid crankshaft for optimum performance and torque.
An advanced die-cast aluminum-alloy truss-style frame houses the V-twin motor and is blessed with lightweight, maximum rigidity and impeccable production quality. Front forks are three-way adjustable 46mm cartridge forks producing 4.5 inches of wheel travel. An aluminum alloy swingarm is connected to a fully adjustable single piggyback reservoir rear shock and provides the 5.12 inches of rear wheel travel.
A pair of opposed four-piston calipers gripping dual 310mm front brake rotors provide the SV1000S with exceptional stopping power and control, while a single dual-piston caliper disc brake complements braking at the rear. Wheels are 17 inch aluminum alloy wheels, both wearing radial tires for optimum handling and performance.
The SV1000S sports a sleek half fairing, complete with dual multi-reflector headlights flanked by smaller running lights. Clip on handlebars add to the sporty look and feel for the SV rider and a maintenance free LED taillight are mounted below an angled tailsection.
The SV1000S utilizes a compact instrument cluster featuring an analog tachometer, digital LCD, speedometer, odometer/tripmeter, coolant temperature gauge, clock and low fuel indicator.
Engine: 996, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 90 degree V-Twin, DOHC, 8-valves, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 98.0 x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: 530 Chain
Overall Length: 2085mm (82.1 in.)
Overall Width: 745mm (29.3 in.)
Overall Height: 1170mm (46.1 in.)
Seat Height: 800mm (31.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 150mm (5.9 in.)
Wheelbase: 1430mm (56.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 186kg (410 lbs.) 187kg (412 lbs.) CA model
Suspension Front: Telescopic, cartridge-type, adjustable preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, adjustable preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70 ZR-17
Tires Rear: 180/55 ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.) 16 liter (4.2 gal.) CA model
Color: Black, Blue
All Specifications and features are subject to change