2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Star to the highways.
Bags and a windshield alone don’t make a cruiser ready for the open road. The legendary heart of a Road Star, on the other hand does.
This is a special machine. One that blends classic styling with a deep rooted character and personality.
A massive 1,670cc V-twin delivers impressive torque and the kind of cruising performance you only get from a Yamaha. And with wide, rubber-mounted handlebars, a touring seat geared to all-day riding, and roomy soft saddlebags, you’re ready for the long-haul. Pure power. Uncompromised comfort. And it’s dangerously close to being too damn beautiful to ride. Simply legendary.
– 1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
– 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
– Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase- mounted camshafts deliver exceptional performance and reduce maintenance needs.
– Twin crankcase-mounted camshafts activate the valves via hydraulic valve lifters and pushrods. Special cam profiles provide strong, low to mid-range torque while the hydraulic valve lifters reduce maintenance.
– Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity.
– Large-diameter, forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for fast throttle response.
– Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
– Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
– Single Mikuni BSR 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features an accelerator pump, carburetor heater and classic side-mounted air filter to ensure great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range. The throttle position sensor is linked to the CDI and supplies info about throttle opening so the CDI can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
– High-capacity air intake system with paper type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
– Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special narrow design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
– Dry sump lubrication system with handy, spin-on oil filter creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height.
– Large, heavyweight crankshaft assembly delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that incredible V-twin “pulse” feel.
– 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. This 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
– Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
– Classic, 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
– Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32° rake.
– Long 1,685mm (66.3″) wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
– Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
– 43mm front forks provide 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to smooth out the ride. The large-diameter, upper fork shrouds, and lower fork legs are finished in beautiful brushed aluminum.
– Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and a plush ride. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
– Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight, providing that classic, hardtail look.
– 298mm front disc brakes feature ultra rigid, monoblock, 4-piston calipers with chrome “buttons” accenting the outer piston covers. The dual disc brake set-up eliminates the unsettling twisting effect of a single disc set-up found on most cruisers.
– 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
– “Police-style” windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a “convertible”, the windshield can be quickly removed.
– Separate front rider seat offers great rider comfort.
– Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
– Soft leather saddlebags with quick-release buckles offer ample storage for casual touring trips. The bags are reinforced to keep their shape.
– Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration.
– Passenger floorboards provide roomy comfort and reduce vibration.
– Wide, swept-back, 1″-diameter handlebars reduce vibration on the rider’s hands thanks to being rubber mounted.
– Separate sub frame positioned under deeply valanced rear fender allows easy customization with numerous accessible mounting points.
– Deeply valanced steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
– Classic chromed spoked wheels fitted with beefy tires accent the Road Star Silverado’s classic styling.
– 20-litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
– Beautiful braided steel-look throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
– Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design with raised 3D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
– Eye-catching, diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
– Stylish turn signals with custom looking clear lenses are self canceling
– Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light. It is small details like this that separate the Star series of cruisers from the rest of the crowd.
– Value added passing lamps not only enhance styling, but also provide additional illumination.
– Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
– Stylish 3D, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
– Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
– Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
– Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility.
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
– Electric fuel pump
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke 97 x 113mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Maximum Torque 14.7kg-m (106.3 ft-lb)@ 2,250 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BSR40 x 1
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) 43mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 150/80-16
Length 2,500mm (98.4″)
Width 980mm (38.6″)
Height 1,500mm (59.1″)
Wheelbase 1,688mm (66.5″)
Rake / Trail 32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
Ground Clearance 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height 710mm (28″)
Dry Weight 323kg (712 lb)
Fuel Capacity 20 litres (4.4 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Dark Metallic Purplish Blue
USA: $13,099 (Liquid Silver/Cobalt Blue) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.