2007 Yamaha Roadliner S
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Roadliner S
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S
The Roadliner with chrome plated style and power.
Voted Cycle World Magazine’s “Best Cruiser of 2006”, Roadliner S is the sweetest, coolest cruiser we’ve ever built, designed especially for the serious chrome lover.
The 2007 Roadliner S offers a new level of performance, excitement and pride of ownership.
You are looking at the latest generation of Star cruisers. A culmination of all the knowledge we have gained since the introduction of the Star series. The stunningly beautiful Roadliner S is more than just a pretty face, it is an incredible cruising experience. Discover for yourself how the1854cc V-Twin power, fuel injection, aluminum frame and swingarm, are all skillfully crafted to provide an incredible feeling of sensual performance and excitement.
– High-performance, 1854cc air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and class leading acceleration.
– Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down for a lower centre of gravity and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case. A lower centre of gravity helps to insure light, easy handling.
– Four-valve cylinder heads provide optimal breathing efficiency for great power delivery at all rpms. The two spark plugs per cylinder means faster, more complete combustion for maximum power output.
– Cylinder head design utilizes a pent roof combustion chamber design and features a oil passage near the exhaust valve seat to improve cooling and durability. The heads also feature engine mounting points on each side of the head for increased chassis rigidity for exceptional handling.
– Large size valves increase engine horsepower and torque. The intake valves are 36mm in diameter (Warrior intakes valves = 34mm) while the exhaust valves are 31mm ( Warrior exhaust valves = 28mm).
– Specially designed valve train includes short design intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during high-rpm use.
– High performance spec twin, crankcase-mounted, high-lift cams ensure strong torque and class leading acceleration.
– Mechanical centrifugal decompression mechanism located in each of the exhaust camshafts, insures fast, easy starts. This new system is contained inside the camshafts and reduces weight since no solenoid etc. is required and complexity.
– Hydraulic valve lifters driven by the twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and significantly reduce maintenance and tune-up requirements.
– Large-diameter pistons are both durable and lightweight. Yamaha’s exclusive “controlled forged construction” keeps the pistons light for faster response and to accommodate higher-rpm performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass. The pistons feature an Alumite coating to reduce friction.
– The dry sump oil lubrication system has been optimized to ensure maximum lubrication and cooling . Special oil nozzles direct oil at the bottom of the pistons to cool and lubricate them.
– Special “dual chamber” crankcase design. The front section is for the crank assembly while the rear is for the transmission. Two, 3-rotor high capacity oil pumps optimizes oil flow in each of the two main sections of the engine.
– Huge 100mm bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
– Cooling fin thickness and depth is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, while maintaining that traditional, stylish air-cooled engine appearance.
– Optimized “damper-less” crankshaft allows the rider to feel the directness of the engine’s power. For each rotation of the rear wheel, in 5th gear, the crank spins 3.14 times providing an outstanding rear wheel driving force feeling to the rider.
– Compact design dual balancers reduce vibration for exceptional rider and passenger comfort. The balancers are positioned on either end of the crankshaft to reduce vibration.
– 3-axis crankcase layout means the crankshaft, main axle and drive shaft are specially arranged to minimize the size of the engine cases and centralize mass.
– 43mm, twin-bore, downdraft throttle body fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range. This system is a “closed loop” system, since it utilizes an oxygen sensor in the exhaust to monitor the concentration of oxygen and adjust the FI system if necessary. The benefits of fuel injection include chokeless operation, increased fuel economy, instant throttle response and reduced emissions.
– The 12-hole, 2-directional Mikuni fuel injectors produce a wide spray pattern for complete cylinder filling. This special spray pattern combined with the dual spark plug head ensures complete combustion for maximum power. A Idle Speed Control (ISC) has been adopted to ensure stable idling performance.
– High capacity electronic fuel pump is located in the sub tank under the seat.
– State-of-the-art Electronic Control Unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3D transistorized coil ignition mapping for each cylinder.
– 3.5 liter dual inlet air filter box is located under the tank. There are intake ducts at the front and rear of the air box for maximum breathing efficiency. This new design not only maximizes air flow but also reduces weight. A viscous paper type air filter is used. The side mounted air filter common on the Road Star series has been eliminated giving a cleaner look at the engine’s cylinders on the right side.
– Air Induction System (AIS) injects fresh oxygen at the exhaust port to insure complete combustion thereby reducing harmful exhaust emissions (HC & CO) while a special air cut valve reduces backfiring when decelerating or coasting off throttle.
– High-performance, 2-into-1-exhaust system features large size header pipes for maximum flow. The single muffler contains a 3-way honey comb matrix catalyizer to reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The stylish muffler helps to boost torque and horsepower while producing a throaty, V-twin growl.
– The exhaust system also features a lightweight titanium EXUP exhaust power valve most commonly found on high performance sport bikes. The EXUP system not only provides crisp throttle response and eliminates ‘flat spots” but also improves acceleration and reduces fuel consumption and harmful emissions.
– Dry sump lubrication system means a more compact engine design since the oil tank is not part of the engine, which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling and a light feel. A handy, spin-on oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
– Frame mounted oil cooler is a first on a Yamaha cruiser. The cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for optimum cooling and lubrication of this massive V-twin powerplant.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission features new optimized gear ratios for both strong acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.
– 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. The 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
– Heavy duty 10 plate clutch is designed compliment engine power characteristics. This new clutch is operated by an all new hydraulic master cylinder instead of a cable. The hydraulic clutch design is low maintenance, self adjusting and very stylish.
– Low-maintenance belt drive system not only significantly reduce maintenance but is also clean and quiet. A belt drive system uses less power than a shaft drive and reduces unsprung weight for great rear suspension performance.
– High tech aluminum, die cast, double-cradle frame reduces weight, while balancing strength and rigidity. The critical head pipe area features box type construction for additional strength. The frame not provides excellent handling characteristics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the rest of the chassis and bodywork. The engine is rigidly mounted in the frame.
– Lightweight C.F. die cast aluminum swingarm offers superb rigidity and ensures excellent stability and handling. The C.F. die casting process allows for beautiful shapes that are both strong and light. This swingarm is a fashion statement in aluminum and compliments the rest of the Roadliner’s eye catching styling.
– Rigid 46mm front fork offers 130mm (5.1″) of wheel travel for exceptionally stable handling and great ride comfort. The fork features new “slash cut” large diameter chromed fork shrouds to enhance the “neo- streamliner” styling.
– Beefy, cast aluminum, top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity and reduce weight.
– Link rear suspension features a spring preload adjustable single rear shock delivering outstanding ride comfort and precise handling. The shock is horizontally positioned under the engine for a lower center of gravity and is hidden to provide that classic “hardtail” look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
– Powerful dual 298mm floating front discs are squeezed by ultra rigid, 4-piston, monoblock calipers to provide sport-bike spec stopping power. Providing exceptional stopping power, these brakes also provide great lever feel and feedback.
– Huge 320mm rear disc is squeezed by a single piston caliper mounted below the swingarm for a lower center of gravity and that customized “hidden look”.
– Lightweight, polished 12 spoke cast aluminum mag wheels reduce weight and enhance handling and styling. The front wheel is MT 4.00×18 while the rear wheel is a MT 5.50×17. Both are fitted with tubeless radial tires that provide excellent traction and reduced rolling resistance.
– Two-piece seat design features a wide, flat profile for excellent rider comfort. The passenger seat features a small lip at the rear of the seat providing a secure feeling for the passenger.
– 51w /55w high efficiency Irradiation headlight. This is a 2 bulb design, one for low beam and one for high beam. The unique headlight body compliments the “neo-streamline” styling.
– Newly design steel fenders front and rear can be easily customized or painted to suit personal preferences. The front fender features a classic fender stay.
– Flangeless teardrop style fuel tank offers 14 liters of capacity. This is the first flangeless tank used on a Yamaha cruiser. There are no welds visible, providing that custom look. The total fuel capacity is 17 liters thanks to a 3 liter sub tank located low in the frame below the seat. A high pressure electric fuel pump with quick connect fittings provide fuel to the EFI system.
– Large 1.25″ diameter handlebars. All electrical wires are hidden inside the handle bars for that clean custom look. Selected meter functions can be controlled by buttons on the back of RHS switch.
– Stylish fuel tank mounted instrument panel. This new panel has the classic “grand father” clock image. Just below the large analogue speedo is an analogue tach and fuel gauge. Other functions include digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve trip counter and clock. Background illumination can be adjusted to suit personal preferences. ????
– Teardrop shaped rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts that reduce vibration.
– Extra wide, chromed brake and clutch levers provide that quality feel and look.
– Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish creates a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Highly visible, clear look LED taillight
– Self-canceling turn signals (15 seconds or 150 meters) with styish clear lenses
– Stylish 3D speed lines on the fuel tank
– Low-fuel warning light
– Low maintenance sealed battery
– Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience
– Many, richly chromed accents including: forks, handlebar switches, levers, engine covers etc.
Engine Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin w/EFI
Displacement 1,854 cc
Bore and Stroke 100 x 118 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 17.1 kg-m (123.7 ft-lb) @ 2,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Dual 43 mm cross bore downdraft throttle body FI
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) 46 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link single shock
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320 mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/70 R 18 (radial)
Tires (Rear) 190/60 R 17 (radial)
Length 2,580 mm (101.6″)
Width 1100 mm (43.3″)
Height 1,515 mm (59.6″)
Wheelbase 1,715 mm (67.5″)
Rake / Trail 31° / 152 mm (6″)
Ground Clearance 155 mm (6.1″)
Seat Height 735 mm (28.9″)
Dry Weight 344 kg (756.8 lb)
Fuel Capacity 17 litres (3.7 imp.gallons)
Colour(s) Dark Metallic Purplish Blue
MSRP* $14,780 (Candy Red) Available from August 2006
$14,780 (Liquid Silver) Available from August 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.