2007 Yamaha TT-R230
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha TT-R230
2007 Yamaha TT-R230
YZ style and function for tons of fun.
Racy styling meets total user-friendliness in the new TT-R230. This one’s built to take whatever you can dish out and keep on thumping.
Welcome the TT-R230. With a compact wheelbase, low seat height and convenient electric starting, this bike is the ideal choice for smaller or less experienced riders.
Climb aboard and be a part of the YZ legacy: the styling and awesome lightweight handling of the TT-R230 are directly inspired by our competition bikes. You’ll tackle any terrain with confidence. The rugged, air-cooled 4-stroke engine with its convenient electric start pumps out plenty of predictable power. And the off road suspension is guaranteed to make short work of rough terrain. Little wonder you’ll want to ride all day.
– Peppy, air-cooled, 223cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces predictable power aimed at easing both beginning and smaller intermediate riders into the fun and excitement of off-road riding.
– Convenient, dependable electric starter ensures hassle-free, push-button starting.
– CD ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
– Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical noise and extends engine life.
– Mikuni VM26 carburetor provides crisp throttle response while also providing excellent fuel economy.
– WR-style washable foam air filter provides improved engine performance, improved filtering function and easier serviceability. Since the foam filter is washable, it reduces tune-up costs too.
– Smooth shifting, manual, 6-speed, close ratio transmission has revised gear ratios for maximum off road fun. The ratios have been optimized for maximum versatility.
– Lightweight, upswept exhaust system features a screen-type spark arrestor like those found on the WR series. This style of spark arrestor can be cleaned, thereby reducing tune-up costs.
– There are heat shields to protect the rider.
– Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1385mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb maneuverability and responsive handling.
– 36mm leading axle front fork offers 240mm (9.5″) of wheel travel providing a plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
– Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
– Rugged box section swingarm features easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters. The overall design is changed to accommodate the new suspension.
– Monocross link single shock rear suspension offers 220mm (8.7″) of wheel travel and delivers smooth, progressive suspension performance.
– Rear shock adjusts for spring preload so rider can tailor suspension to weight and terrain.
– Ground clearance is 295mm or 11.6 inches for enhanced terrainability.
– Front 220mm disc with twin piston caliper ensures fast, fade-free stopping power.
– Rear drum brake with easy-to-use wing nut adjusters
– 21″ front and 18″ rear aluminum rims reduce weight for great handling and suspension performance. Knobby tires provide motocross-spec traction.
– Aggressive styling highlights Yamaha’s championship winning YZ racing heritage. The rugged plastic components resist damage in the event of a tip over. The slim design bodywork allows excellent rider maneuverability.
– 8-litre plastic fuel tank resists damage in the event of a tip over and features an off/on/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind. The styling has been revised to reflect the championship winning YZ heritage.
– “Bar-type” engine skid plate offers excellent protection to the engine while also enhancing overall frame rigidity for great handling.
– Long, flat, YZ-style two-tone seat provides great rider comfortable and allows easy rider movements.
– Team Yamaha-inspired colour and graphics.
– Motocross-style handlebar with reinforcing crossbar
– Wide style serrated folding footpegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions.
– Folding gear shift lever and rear brake pedal tip
– Convenient carburetor-mounted choke
– Heavy-duty “O” ring chain
– Lightweight WR-type main switch (push button) is handlebar mounted. Red warning light is provided to indicate if the power is active.
– Lightweight, sealed (spill proof) low maintenance battery.
– All new graphics for 2007.
Engine Air-cooled, SOHC,4-stroke single
Bore and Stroke 70 x 58mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 1.72kg-m (12.4 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni VM26
Transmission 6-speed w/manual clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension (Front) 36mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link-type Monocross
Brakes (Front) 220mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 80/100-21
Tires (Rear) 100/100-18
Length 2,065mm (81.3″)
Width 800mm (31.5″)
Height 1,180mm (46.5″)
Wheelbase 1,385mm (54.5″)
Seat Height 870mm (34.3″)
Dry Weight 107kg (235.4 lb)
Fuel Capacity 8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Blue
USA: $3,449 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from September 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.