2007 Yamaha V-Max
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha V-Max
2007 Yamaha V-Max
It’s never stopped living up to its reputation.
Achieving Musclebike status doesn’t come easy. Keeping it is hard. Keeping it for over 21 years is nothing short of awesome.
The awesome V-Max. Again.
The first true muscle bike, the V-Max’s asphalt shredding performance has made it a legend.
Stirking black paint with eye catching flames on the tank will have people gawking. But hot looks aren’t the only thing the V-Max has going for it. Unleash its 1198cc V-4 and you’ll see why so many accolades have been bestowed upon it. Long live the King!
The V-Max offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
– Liquid-cooled, 1,198cc, DOHC, 16-valve, 70°, V-4 engine has no equal in its class, pumping out tremendous, hard-hitting power and awesome acceleration.
– 4 valves per cylinder provide maximum breathing efficiency for awesome power delivery.
– Specially designed, tempered crankshaft and connecting rods provide great durability.
– Specifically designed, high-lift camshafts ensure ample acceleration at lower rpm, helping to further broaden the already awesome powerband.
– Four huge, 35mm Mikuni downdraft carburetors ensure seamless, lightning-quick throttle response.
– The only motorcycle of its kind equipped with “V-Boost” induction; a variable intake system that allows two carbs to feed fuel into one cylinder via a servo-controlled butterfly valve at 6,000 rpm and above. The effect is like a supercharger “kicking-in”.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission puts that massive power to the pavement with one purpose: maximum acceleration all the way to the redline.
– Handy, spin-on type oil filter
– Hydraulically activated, diaphragm-type clutch delivers precise clutch performance with a light lever pull and minimal maintenance.
– Clean, quiet, low-maintenance shaft drive provides ultra-smooth performance that’s virtually lash-free.
– Dual chrome mufflers provide excellent flow for maximum power. Chroming makes them easy to clean.
– Low-slung, double-cradle, steel frame helps reduce seat height to 765mm (30.1″) for a low centre of gravity and better-balanced handling.
– Stout, 43mm, front fork features 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel and air-assist adjustability that allows the rider to fine-tune front preload suspension characteristics to his or her riding style.
– Plastic chip guards protect fork tubes from stone damage while the integral fork brace minimizes fork flex.
– Dual rear shocks feature 4-way rebound damping and 5-way spring preload adjustability for ultimate versatility and performance in varying road and/or riding situations. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9″).
– Huge, 6″ wide, rear tire with solid dish-type wheel provides superb traction and a massive contact patch for hooking up the V-Max’s awesome power.
– Special design, “dish-type” wheels are easy to clean and maintenance free. Red key line highlights the new black finish wheels.
– Dual 298mm front discs with four-piston calipers provide outstanding stopping power.
– 282mm rear disc brake with 2-piston caliper
– Underseat fuel tank helps lower bike’s centre of gravity and provides space for the large-capacity airbox located above the carburetors.
– Fuel reserve switch is conveniently positioned on the right handlebar switch for ease of use.
– Wide, thickly padded seat and plush passenger saddle with grab rail add exceptional comfort to the incomparable excitement.
– Triple clamp-mounted, compact speedometer with tripmeter keeps cockpit clean and simple.
– Fuel tank-mounted tachometer and temperature gauge, with neutral, high beam, turn signal, low oil and low fuel indicator lights
– Handy centre stand
– Self-cancelling turn signals with new white lenses
– Bright, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
– Steering head-mounted steering lock
– Helmet lock
– Low-fuel warning light
Engine Liquid-cooled, 4-valve, DOHC, 70° V-4
Bore and Stroke 76 x 66mm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Maximum Torque 12kg-m (86.9 ft-lb) @ 7,500 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BSD35 x 4
Transmission 5-speed w/hydraulically activated diaphgram-type clutch
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) 43mm air adjustable fork
Suspension (Rear) Dual shocks
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 282mm disc
Tires (Front) 110/90-V18
Tires (Rear) 150/90-V15
Length 2,300mm (90.6″)
Width 795mm (31.3″)
Height 1,160mm (45.7″)
Wheelbase 1,590mm (62.6″)
Seat Height 765mm (30.1″)
Dry Weight 263kg (581 lb)
Fuel Capacity 15 litres (3.3 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Yamaha Black
MSRP* $11,199 (Raven/Shift Red Flames) Available from July 2
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.