2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
You can afford to have an attitude.
Plenty of attitude in a surprisingly lean and low package – priced to leave more room in your pocketbook to express yourself with cool Custom Star Accessories. Now there’s no reason to settle for less than a real Star.
From the day it hit the street, the V-Star 650 Custom was a huge hit.
We started with an authentic V-twin powerplant and a lean, low-slung chassis, and then tricked it out with lots of chrome, luminous paint, and a bobtail rear fender. And thanks to its chopper profile, shaft drive, and easy to ride attitude, the end result is no ordinary custom. The V-Star 650 Custom is so stylish and unique, people will swear you must have customized it yourself. Don’t worry – we won’t tell a soul.
– Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
– This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
– Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensor (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
– Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery.
– Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
– Maintenance-free, transistorized coil ignition provides sure starts and excellent engine performance.
– Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but also is easy to service.
– Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
– Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
– 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes creates sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power.
– The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
– Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
– Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
– Long, 1,610mm (63.4″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
– 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
– Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4″). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
– Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look.
– Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
– Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
– Large, plushly padded, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
– Narrow front tire on wire-spoked, chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers quick steering for easy handling.
– Large 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
– Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
– Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– “Bullet-style”, chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
– Locking helmet holder
– Locking storage compartment adds convenience and security.
– Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish new clear signal lenses
– Forward-mounted rider footpegs
– Removable passenger seat
– 3D Yamaha side cover emblems
– Steering lock
– Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs prevent unwanted scratches.
Engine 4-stroke, air-cooled,SOHC, 70°, V-twin
Bore and Stroke 81 x 63mm
Compression Ratio 9:01
Maximum Torque 5.2kg-m (37.5 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery BDS28 x 2
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) 41mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Single 298mm disc
Brakes (Rear) Drum
Tires (Front) 100/90-19
Tires (Rear) 170/80-15
Length 2,340mm (92.1″)
Width 880mm (34.6″)
Height 1,070mm (42.1″)
Wheelbase 1,610mm (63.4″)
Seat Height 695mm (27.4″)
Dry Weight 214kg (471 lb)
Fuel Capacity 16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black; Deep Metallic Red; Bluish White
USA: $5,899 V Star Custom Midnight (Raven) Available from July 2006
$5,799 (Candy Red) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.