2000 Honda VT600C Shadow VLX
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda VT600C Shadow VLX
The best value in customs boasts an incredibly low, 25.6-inch seat height and a spirited look. The 2000 Shadow VLX and Shadow VLX Deluxe are a pair of aces.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· New two-tone Pearl Dark Red/Black and Pearl Silver/Black join classic Black on the.
· 583cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm-range.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Coolant-heated carburetor is tuned for excellent power and rideability.
· Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
· Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Wide-ratio four-speed transmission.
· Dual exhaust system offers a rumbling sound and custom appearance.
· Reliable electric starting system.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Double-cradle steel frame allows a long wheelbase, and a low seat height of just 25.6 inches.
· 39mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Specially designed swingarm gives the bike a custom, hardtail look.
· Rear shock has seven-position spring preload adjustability.
· Single-disc front brake with twin-piston caliper and a drum rear brake.
· Chrome-plated rims and spokes.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers excellent grip and provides a low, custom look.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Chrome handlebar and forward-mounted footpegs are rubber-mounted for reduced vibration and offer a comfortable riding position.
· Custom-style seat is wide and low in the rear and narrow in the front, with dense foam to provide a comfortable, 25.6-inch seat height.
· New chopper-style rear fender features heavily chromed accents.
· Chrome-plated halogen headlight.
· Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation.
· Helmet lock and tool kit.
· Soft, comfortable handgrips.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
· Standard fork lock.
· 12-volt maintenance-free battery.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Backrest with pad.
· Chrome lever set.
· Chrome oil filler cap.
· Gold backrest emblem.
· Chrome backrest emblem.
· Air-cleaner cover emblem.
· Rear carrier rack, round tube.
· Rear carrier rack, square tube.
· Chrome sidecovers.
· Chrome front fender.
· Chrome footpegs.
· Chrome backrest trim.
· Chrome radiator guard.
· Chrome headlight visor.
· Cycle cover.
Engine 583cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke 75mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion Single 34mm diaphragm-type CV
Transmission Wide-ratio four-speed
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension: 39mm fork; 145mm travel
Rear Suspension: Single shock with seven-position preload adjustability; 90 travel
Front Brakes: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brakes: Drum
Front Tires: 100/90-19
Rear Tires: 170/80-15
Wheelbase 1605mm (63.2 in.)
Seat Height 650mm (25.6 in.)
Dry Weight 202kg (445.3 lbs.)
Fuel Capacity 12 litres (2.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.