2008 Honda CRF230L
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF230L
2008 Honda CRF230L
Introducing the CRF230L, a compact and lightweight adventure-loving dual-sport machine that willingly serves as an economical commuter, motorhome runabout or weekend outback-exploration vehicle-this is one bike that can do it all.
On paved roads or dirt roads, the all-new CRF230L is ready to handle all kinds of transportation needs. With its compact size, lower seat height, 223cc single cylinder engine and a six speed transmission, it’s as peppy as it is frugal. Whether it’s on campus, on the RV or on the commute, the CRF230L will provide reliable transportation for years to come.
The new CRF230L is the perfect motorcycle for riders who don’t want the end of the road to mean the end of their fun. With its lightweight CRF chassis, responsive 223 cc four-stroke engine and comfortable size, the CRF230L is a blast to ride on the trail. And with a full complement of on-road gear, it’s also a great street bike for both novice and experienced riders alike. The CRF230L is easy to handle, fun to ride, and loaded with premium features such as a powerful front disc brake and electric start. Honda has a long history of building great dual-purpose bikes. The CRF230L continues that proud tradition.
Features & Benefits
– Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and lots of torque spread over a wide rpm-range.
– 30mm CV carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Electric start for easy starting.
– Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
– Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle high-tensile steel frame.
– 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.0 inches of suspension travel.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 6.3 inches of travel.
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake, and 220mm rear disc brake.
– Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
– Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable, and allows maximum rider movement.
– Durable front and rear steel sprockets.
– High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
– Wide cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free sealed battery.
– Ignition switch key for added security.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
– Rear Rack
– Hand Guard Kit
Engine Type: 223cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 65.5mm x 66.2mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: Carburetor 30mm CV
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain;
Front: 37mm leading-axle Showa fork; 9 inches of travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 6.3 of inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc
Rear: 220mm disc
Front: 2.75 -21
Wheelbase: 52.75 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 26.83°
Trail: 103mm ( 4.0 inches )
Seat Height: 31.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 9.5 inches
Fuel Capacity: 2.3 gallons, including 0.7 gallon reserve
Curb Weight*: 267 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 223 cc
Bore & Stroke 65.5 mm x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 30 mm CV carb
Transmission Six-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 37 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 228 mm (9 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 160 mm (6.3 inches) travel
Tires 2.75 – 21 front; 120/80 – 18 rear
Brakes Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 220 mm disc
Ground Clearance 241 mm (9.5 inches)
Seat Height 810 mm (31.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,340 mm (52.7 inches)
Dry Weight 121 kg (267 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 8.7 litres
Specifications and features are subject to change