2008 Honda CRF50F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF50F
2008 Honda CRF50F
From the 1968 Mini Trail to the current CRF, this little minibike is the longest-running model in Honda’s off-road line-up and the choice of beginning riders the world over.
An inverted fork, 49cc four-stroke engine, automatic clutch and three-speed gearbox make the CRF50F a blast to ride.
The CRF50F continues to give young riders a fun and easy introduction to the sport. Built to the same high-quality standards as the bigger CRFs, the CRF50F is a real motorcycle and not a toy. Everything from its durable bodywork, to its no-fuss four-stroke engine, to its big-bike-like suspension, tells you that this is a bike that’s built with care, and is built to last. Small 10-inch wheels along with a low seat height allow young riders to feel in control, and a three-speed semi-automatic transmission means they’ll learn how to shift without needing to master a manual clutch.
There are first bikes, and then there’s the CRF50F. This super-popular machine has launched countless careers, proof positive there’s no better place for a young rider to start dirt-riding than on a Honda CRF50F. Rugged, reliable and beginner-friendly, with smooth four-stroke power, an automatic clutch and low seat height, this entry-level wonder is indeed the ultimate off-road starter kit.
Features & Benefits
– Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
– 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– 13mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
– Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
– Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
– USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
– Closed crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
– Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.5 inches of suspension travel.
– Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.8 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
– 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
– Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
– Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
– Front suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CR®-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
– Adjustable throttle limiter.
– Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
– Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
– Small-size control levers enhance young rider comfort and confidence.
– High-quality, comfortable grips.
– Small overall size and light weight simplify transport.
– Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
– Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
– Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
– Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 39mm x 41.4mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 13mm piston-valve carburetor
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/37T
Front: Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.8 inches travel
Wheelbase: 36.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 25.0°
Trail: 32mm (1.3 inches)
Seat Height: 21.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 0.7 gallon, including 0.2 reserve
Curb Weight*: 110 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $1,729 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 39 mm x 41.4 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 13 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 14T/37T
Front Suspension Inverted telescopic fork; 89 mm (3.5 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 71 mm (2.8 inches) travel
Tires 2.50 – 10 front; 2.50 – 10 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Ground Clearance 147 mm (5.8 inches)
Seat Height 549 mm (21.6 inches)
Wheelbase 914 mm (36 inches)
Dry Weight 50 kg (110 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 2.6 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change