2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS
2008 Honda Silver Wing ABS
For performance that stands tall in the world of scooters, Honda’s Silver Wing ABS™ offers an innovative blend of high performance, easy operation and distinctive styling.
It’s no coincidence that the Silver Wing shares part of its name with the legendary Gold Wing. Because when it comes to combining the size and convenience of a scooter with the comfort and long-distance capabilities of a touring motorcycle, nothing comes close to this two-wheeled luxury vehicle. Its big 582 cc twin-cylinder four-stroke engine provides plenty of smooth power for highway cruising, and the V-Matic automatic transmission means you’ll never have to shift — not even into park or neutral. Cross-town or cross-country, the amazing Silver Wing will take you there in comfort and style.
Want all the features of our standard Silver Wing®, along with Anti-Lock Brakes? Then check out the Silver Wing ABS. From its beefy, 582cc liquid-cooled parallel twin and exclusive Honda V-matic™ transmission to the plush, two-up seating and spacious on-board storage, the Silver Wing ABS is truly in a class of its own.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– New Metallic Grey color
– Sophisticated Honda V-Matic belt-drive system delivers seamless shifting and ample power at any speed.
– Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions (see Technology Section)
– Optional Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS w/CBS) model (see Technology Section).
– Cavernous 55-liter under seat storage compartment and beautiful, lightweight aluminum rear spoiler.
– Four-stroke 582cc parallel twin-cylinder engine features DOHC and four valves per cylinder for unequalled engine performance and clean, efficient operation.
– Air injection system, exhaust catalyzer and advanced digital mapping simultaneously reduce emissions.
– Engine’s 360-degree crankshaft design incorporates two primary balancer shafts into the crankcase to minimize vibration.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures excellent engine performance, trouble-free operation and 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
– Maintenance-free, fully transistorized digital ignition ensures reliable power.
– Compact, liquid-cooled oil cooler mounts to the front of the crankcase and provides a convenient mount for the spin-on oil filter.
– Fan-cooled radiator ensures consistent engine operating temperatures and long engine life.
– Lightweight and quiet stainless-steel exhaust system.
– Honda V-Matic automatic belt-drive system has sophisticated three-stage operation for optimum power delivery around town or on the freeway.
– Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb handling for one- and two-up riding.
– Engine crankshaft and swingarm pivot are coaxially aligned to eliminate the engine as an unsprung suspension member, resulting in better mass centralization for excellent handling, stability and rider comfort.
– Stout 41mm hydraulic front fork with 4.7 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
– Dual rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel and five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride. Rearward mounting of the shocks allows a large-capacity underseat storage compartment.
– A hydraulic three-piston caliper and 276mm front disc brake, plus a lightweight, twin-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc brake, offer excellent stopping power.
– Large 14-inch 120/80 front tire and 13-inch 150/70 rear tire provide excellent traction.
– Wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage body-work and windscreen are both beautiful and functional, protecting the rider from the elements while reducing wind noise.
– Integrated floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum rider foot placement when riding. The floorboards narrow below the seat, allowing the rider to easily place both feet on the ground.
– Multi-reflector headlight incorporates a wide-dimension low beam located directly above the high beam in a compact V-shape for optimal lighting.
– Wide-and-low padded seat has an adjustable five-position rider backrest that adjusts over a 2-inch range. The long, wide passenger seat is very comfortable for all-day two-up riding. The locking seat opens to the front and is held open by a hydraulic damper for easy loading of the storage compartment.
– Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, with LCD digital displays for odometer, twin tripmeters, fuel, clock and coolant temperature. Indicator lights display parking brake, fuel injection, V-Belt, high beam, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
– Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range. The fuel door is located behind a locking cover built into the floor tunnel for easy access.
– An easy-to-use cable-operated rear-disc parking brake is engaged by pulling a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pulling the handle again releases the brake.
– Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer superb reliability.
– Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Silver Wing ABS secure when parked.
– Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Model: FSC600A (with ABS)
Engine Type: 582cc liquid-cooled four-stroke parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 72mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit, four-hole injectors
Ignition: Computer-controlled fully transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: 41mm hydraulic fork; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual hydraulic shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.5 inches travel
Front: Single 276mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper; ABS
Wheelbase: 62.8 inches
Seat Height: 29.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Color: Metallic Grey
Curb Weight*: 551 pounds w/ABS
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $10,499 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled twin-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 582 cc
Bore & Stroke 72 mm x 71.5 mm
Compression Ratio 10.2:1
Valve Train DOHC, eight-valve
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI with auto choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front Suspension 41 mm hydraulic fork; 119 mm (4.7 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload; 114 mm (4.5 inches) travel
Tires 120/80 – 14 front; 150/70 – 13 rear
Brakes Front 256 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper and ABS; rear 240 mm disc with CBS twin-piston caliper and ABS
Seat Height 754 mm (29.7 inches)
Wheelbase 1,595 mm (62.8 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 16 litres
Colour Heavy Grey Metallic
Specifications and features are subject to change