2008 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
2008 Honda VT750C Shadow Aero
Rugged retro styling, a big-bike look and feel, a low seat height, athletic handling and a price that makes it easy to own make the Aero the perfect machine for riders wanting more for less.
Full-sized looks and 750cc performance without the full-sized price tag. Sound like a stretch? Not when youre talking about the Honda Shadow Aero. Stunning is one way to describe its long, low, retro styling simply drenched in chrome from tip to tail and boasting classic valanced fenders, spoked wheels and five all-new colors. Staggering is another—especially once you see that all this muscular V-twin style and performance could be yours for a mid-sized price.
Hot performance and a cool retro look — that’s the VT750C Shadow Aero in a nutshell. Its sophisticated 745 cc V-twin engine produces plenty of power for effortless city or highway cruising, but it doesn’t overwhelm you with its size and weight the way some big-bore bikes can. And check out those classically valanced fenders, the broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger section, the wide tires rolling on spoke wheels, and the suspension that looks retro but feels modern-day plush. And for 2008 the Aero boasts new dual exhaust pipes that sound as good as they look. Easy on the eyes, and easy on the wallet. The VT750C Shadow Aero sure is an easy bike to like.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– Sleek new two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic crusier style.
– New custom-styled Shadow tank logo.
– New Candy Dark Red, Metallic Silver/Black, Black/White, Candy Dark Red/White and classic Black colors.
– 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
– Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
– Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
– Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section)
– Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
– Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
– Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
– Ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
– Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
– Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
– Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
– Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
– Large-section tires are mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chrome rims. The front end features a fat 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
– Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Chrome highlights include: cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
– Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank for classic retro styling.
– Broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger seat.
– Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
– Classically styled and powerful 60-watt/55-watt halogen headlight.
– Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
– Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Backrest with Pad (Tall and Low styles) and Rear Carrier (Square Tube).
– Chrome Accessories: Backrest Trim (Tall and Low styles), Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Front Fender Guard Rail, Rear Fender Guard Rail, Radiator Guard, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Trim, Rear Fender Trim, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Seat Trim Rail, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Driveshaft Cover and Master Cylinder Cap (Chrome and Chrome Billet).
– Leather Accessories: Saddlebags (two styles: Plain and Studded), Front Pouch (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed), Touring Bag (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed) and Tank Belt (two styles: Plain and Studded).
– Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: 180mm drum
Wheelbase: 64.5 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 34°
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Candy Dark Red, Metallic Silver/Black, Black/White, Candy Dark Red/White, Black
Curb Weight*: 553 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $8,699 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 745 cc
Bore & Stroke 79 mm x 76 mm
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 34 mm CV carb
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 41 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 89 mm (3.5 inches) travel
Tires 120/90 – 17 front; 160/80 – 15 rear
Brakes Front single 296mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Seat Height 658 mm (25.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,638 mm (64.5 inches)
Dry Weight 250 kg (553 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 14 litres
Colour Graphite Black, Candy Dark Red
Specifications and features are subject to change