2008 Honda VTX1300T Tourer
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VTX1300T Tourer
2008 Honda VTX1300T Tourer
For 2008, the popular VTX1300 is now available fully decked out for cross-country travel straight from the factory in a turnkey package that’s both stylish and functional over the long haul.
We weren’t about to let the VTX1800 family have all the touring fun, so allow us to introduce the all-new VTX1300T. Built with the same purpose as its VTX1800T sibling, complete with large touring windshield, spacious leather saddlebags and handy passenger backrest, the VTX1300T is the perfect choice for riders seeking big performance in a slightly smaller machine—with a slightly smaller price tag.
You want a bike for the city, but you also love to take off on a moment’s notice and head for a distant point on the map. Can one bike do both? Check out the VTX1300T Tourer, which blends classic cruiser cool with the practical features needed for long-distance adventure. It comes equipped with a windshield, spacious saddlebags, and a sturdy passenger backrest for all-day comfort. A big 1,312 cc liquid-cooled V-twin provides all the power you’ll need, while dual counterbalancers ensure that harsh engine vibration will never spoil your ride.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– Stylish custom windscreen for rider and passenger touring comfort.
– Leather saddlebags with 24-liter capacity provide ultimate touring convenience.
– Chrome backrest for passenger comfort.
– Exclusive Tourer badging on front fender.
– Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic custom look.
– Stylish chrome side covers.
– VTX1300T colors include Black, Metallic Silver, and Metallic Red
Unique VTX1300T Features
– Deeply valanced front and rear fenders, chrome-hooded headlight, broad fuel tank with tank-mounted instruments, semi-swept handlebar and floorboards with heel-and-toe shifter create a classic retro style that sets the VTX apart from the competition.
– Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle featuring a low 27-inch seat height.
– VTX1300T features retro-style cast wheels.
– Large 140/80-17 front tire gives the T model a commanding profile.
– 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
– Powerplant features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine’s character.
– Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulse feeling transmitted by the traditional V-twin design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin engine.
– Three-Valve Dual Plug Combustion Chamber (see Tech Section)
– Easy -to-service screw-and-locknut valve adjusters.
– Single 38mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response at all engine speeds.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– Coolant-heated carburetor improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
– Unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 27-inch seat height.
– Chromed two-into-two exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-center damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Drive-flange design at the final-drive gear reduces final-drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
– Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine’s power and gives the VTX a long, low, classic stance.
– Large 41mm extended front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks with five-position preload adjustment feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 336mm stainless-steel rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 296mm stainless-steel rotor, the brakes provide excellent stopping power.
– Specially designed tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/A&B tripmeter and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
– Electric speedometer with easy-to-read classic numerals uses an electronic transmission speed sensor , which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable for a clean, uncluttered look.
– Extensive chrome-finish of engine parts includes cylinder-head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover, and left-rear engine cover.
– Distinctive, chrome-hooded headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– VTX1300T features a stylish chrome tank emblem.
– Handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
– Comfortably padded, large-diameter handgrips with polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– 4.8-gallon fuel tank for extended cruising and touring range.
– Powerful 364-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories VTX1300T
Windscreens/Lightbars: Lower Wind Deflectors, Boulevard Screens (two styles: Clear and Tinted), Sport Screen, Chrome Lightbar, Chrome Spotlight Visors.
Leather: Saddlebags (two styles: Studded and Fringed), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Tank Belt with Pocket (two styles: Studded and Plain).
Backrest: Chrome Backrest with Pad ( Low style), Deluxe Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Deluxe Chrome Backrest Trim w/ Emblem, Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Adjustable Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo-Retro), Chrome Passenger Grabrails.
Chrome: Front Fender Trim, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Ornament, Chrome Rear Fender Trim, Chrome Solo Seat Rear Carrier, Chrome Seat Rail Trim, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Chrome Driveshaft Cover.
Billet: Master-Cylinder Cap (four styles: Fluted, V Design, Neo-Retro and Chrome), License Plate Frame (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro), Clutch Cover, Timing Cover, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Countershaft Cover Trim, Driveshaft Bolt Cover (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro), Dipstick, Banjo-Bolt Covers.
Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover, Rubber Heated Grips, Chrome Heated Grips.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 38mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability;
3.7 inches travel
Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 65.7 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
Trail: 144mm (5.7 inches)
Seat Height: 27.4 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve
Colors: Black, Metallic Silver, Metallic Red
Curb Weight*: 748 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $12,799 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 1,312 cc
Bore & Stroke 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Single 38 mm CV carb
Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 41 mm fork, 129 mm (5.1 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 94 mm (3.7 inches) travel
Tires 140/80 – 17 front; 170/80 – 15 rear
Brakes Front single 336 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear single 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Seat Height 695 mm (27.4 inches)
Wheelbase 1,669 mm (65.7 inches)
Dry Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 18 litres
Colour Black, Pewter Silver Metallic
Specifications and features are subject to change