2008 Kawasaki Eliminator 125
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki Eliminator 125
2008 Kawasaki Eliminator 125
KAWASAKI ELIMINATOR® 125 IS THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR BUDGET MINDED COMMUTERS
Sweet tempered motorcycle offers easy cruising
The Eliminator® 125 embodies classic cruiser styling in a lightweight motorcycle with a low seat height and a friendly powerband. This makes it an excellent choice for new riders or anyone seeking an easy reach to the pavement.
Powered by an air-cooled, 125cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine specially tuned for low and mid-range torque, the Eliminator 125 is perfect for around-town riding. The electric starter makes getting underway easy, and a convenient five-speed transmission allows the rider to use the engine’s full potential.
The engine is mounted in a high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame, while 33mm forks and a steel swingarm with twin, five-way preloaded-adjustable shocks provide a smooth, comfortable ride. A single front disc brake provides ample stopping power for this small cruiser, and chrome-plated wire spoke wheels are featured on both ends.
Available in Galaxy Silver for 2007, the Eliminator 125’s styling features a stepped seat with laid-back riding comfort for two, a stretched 3.4-gallon fuel tank, straight-flow exhaust and chrome-plated single headlight.
With today’s fuel prices, even motorcyclists need to pay attention to gasoline consumption. A Mikuni 28mm carburetor is miserly with fuel, feeding the torquey 125cc engine exactly what it requires for comfortable cruising.
Air-Cooled, 124cc, Single-Cylinder Engine
– Air cooled for light weight, simplicity and affordability
– Specially tuned for low-end and mid-range torque
Single Overhead Cam
– Keeps the engine design compact for light weight and easier maintenance
Counter-Rotating Engine Balancer
– Single gear-driven, counter-rotating balancer in the crankcase minimizes engine vibration for a smoother ride
– Fewer moving parts for long, trouble-free life
– Requires no periodic adjustments
Mikuni BS28 Carburetor
– Constant velocity Mikuni carburetor provides direct throttle response and great fuel economy
– The ultimate in easy and convenient starting
– A gear for every situation, from short city streets to the open road
– Five speeds allow the rider to use the engine’s power to full advantage
– Made of round section, high-tensile steel
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Keeps cam timing spot-on without maintenance and helps assure great reliability
– Designed to boost low- and mid-range power
Single Disc Front Brake
– Single-piston, pin-slide caliper produces quick, sure stops
– 250mm disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
Tank-Mounted Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Provides needed information with a quick glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Narrow 90/90-17 front tire has classic cruiser style
– 130/90-15 rear tire complements the narrow front end styling
Raked-Out Front Fork
– 33mm fork tubes are rigid for more precise handling on this lightweight motorcycle
– 34-degree rake for relaxed handling
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki Eliminator 125:
Engine: Four-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, single
Bore x stroke: 55.0 x 52.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Carburetion: Mikuni BS28
Ignition: Electronic CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 34.0 degrees / 4.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Twin shocks with five-way adjustable preload / 3.1 in.
Front tire: 90/90×17
Rear tire: 130/90×15
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic Disc / Drum
Overall length: 84.6 in.
Overall width: 30.7 in.
Overall height: 41.3 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Dry weight: 291 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.4 gal.
Wheelbase: 57.9 in.
Color choice: Galaxy Silver
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki Eliminator 125:
Specifications and features are subject to change