2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
Stunning looks, stunning performance. You’ve never seen anything like the Honda CBR1000RR ABS — unless you’ve been in the paddock at a MotoGP race lately. Although it’s physically small for amazingly crisp handling, the CBR1000RR ABS retains the rider-friendly ergonomics that make it a great street bike, too. And for 2009 it comes with Honda’s innovative electronically controlled Combined ABS — the first anti-lock braking system designed specifically for the unique demands of sportbikes.
For those sport-riders seeking even greater stopping power and control, allow us to introduce the CBR1000RR with Combined Anti-Lock Braking, the most advanced (and first-ever) ABS system to find its way onto an open-class superbike. All the cutting-edge tech and performance the class-leading CBR1000RR has to offer—power, light weight, agile handling, wicked styling—with the added performance bonus of combined anti-lock braking (ABS).
The CBR1000RR is the lightest, most compact, and best performing motorcycle in its class, making it the standard against which all other literbikes are measured. And for 2009, it’s available with Honda’s high-tech electronically controlled Combined ABS for the ultimate in sport bike braking performance.
New for 2009
– New lightweight turn signals.
– CBR1000RR ABS equipped with patented, electronically controlled Combined ABS, delivering the benefits of Combined Braking System (CBS) and the benefits of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). (see Technology Section).
– CBR1000RR ABS features higher output ACG with oil jet hole for improved cooling, higher capacity battery and distinctive silver seat rails.
– Exciting new colors: CBR1000RR – Repsol Edition, Pearl White / Light Silver Metallic, Black: CBR1000RR ABS – Red / Black
– Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI) features two injectors per cylinder (see Technology Section).
– Idle-Air Control Valve (IACV) and Ignition Interrupt Control for idle stability and smoother on/off throttle response.
– Low-mount exhaust system design.
– Patented slipper clutch features cam mechanism to reduce clutch-lever pull.
– MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) (see Technology Section).
– 43mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) inverted front fork (see Technology Section).
– Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
– Radial-mount front brake calipers combined with radial-actuated master cylinder.
– Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization for a more compact frame design.
– Compact, liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 999cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features bore and stroke dimensions of 76mm x 55.1mm.
– Removable cylinder block with Nikasil-coated cylinders.
– Sixteen-valve cylinder head features 30.5mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves with a 12.3:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.
– Larger titanium intake valves create a lighter valve train and feature double-spring design for optimum performance at high rpm.
– Intake ports use latest shot-peening technology that improves power and torque characteristics.
– Cam-pulser location between the middle cylinders allows a narrower cylinder head and frame.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
– Forged-aluminum thin-domed, high-strength pistons feature molybdenum coating for reduced friction.
– Lightweight nutless connecting rods.
– Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
– Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) (see Technology Section).
– 46mm throttle bodies feature Denso injectors with lightweight valving for faster reaction time and 12 holes per injector to optimize mixture atomization, combustion efficiency and power.
– Auto-enriching system is integrated into Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
– Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
– Ignition Interrupt Control system works with IACV and FI mapping to enhance driveability.
– Smaller and lighter ECU provides two 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder and two 3-D ignition maps for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark-advance settings for superb rideability.
– MotoGP-derived twin-tunnel ram-air system allows a high volume of cooler air to the 9.7-liter airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
– Butterfly valves inside the ram-air ducts open and close depending on throttle opening and engine rpm for optimum performance.
– Compact, low-mount exhaust system design reduces rear bodywork size and incorporates exhaust valve and catalyst, contributing to significantly improved mass centralization, and reducing roll and yaw inertia.
– High-capacity radiator incorporates twin cooling fans and allows a more compact cowl for reduced drag coefficient.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Starter gears located on the right side to produce narrow engine that allows for increased lean angle.
– Patented slipper-clutch design uses a center cam-assist mechanism for easier actuation. Unlike an ordinary slipper clutch where the pressure plate moves from side to side, the Honda clutch moves both the center cam assist and the pressure plate to provide additional slipper effect.
– Nine-plate clutch is compact and tough, featuring durable friction plate material.
– Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Lightweight four-piece Fine Die-Cast twin-spar aluminum frame utilizes latest MotoGP technology (see Technology Section).
– Aluminum subframe is lightweight and easily removed for ease of maintenance.
MotoGP-derived, next-generation Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) (see Technology Section).
– 43mm inverted aluminum-slider Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability, and offers precise action and unparalleled rigidity (see Technology Section).
– Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
– Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers feature chromium-plated aluminum pistons and squeeze lightweight 320mm floating discs in front and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
– CBR1000RR ABS features Honda’s electronic Combined ABS. This all-new ECU-controlled, hydraulically actuated system provides accurate braking force distribution to both wheels. ABS is controlled by a hydroelectronic unit and stroke simulator to ensure precise operation. Benefits include consistent lever pressure without the pulsing often associated with ABS systems. Application of rear brake does not result in immediate front brake activation unless lock-up is sensed, allowing an experienced rider to use rear brake in a normal manner during spirited riding. Combined ABS components are smaller and lighter than conventional hydraulic ABS designs, and have been located nearer to the center of the machine, enhancing mass centralization and reducing unsprung weight.
– Super-light aluminum-alloy hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 6.0 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
– Centrally mounted 4.7-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design. This design positions the rider farther forward for optimum handling.
– Iconic Honda Wing tank badge.
– Lightweight aluminum sidestand.
– Handlebars are repositioned forward for excellent ergonomics.
– High-capacity 400-watt AC generator (non-Combined ABS model).
– High-tech instrument display features tachometer and LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption and reserve fuel used.. A low-fuel LED light and shift-indicator light are located above the LCD.
– Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
– LED taillights for lighter weight and improved appearance.
– Front turn signals integrated into folding aerodynamic mirrors.
– Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
– Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Maintenance-free high-capacity battery.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®).
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl.
– CBR® Racing Cycle Cover. (for indoor use)
– Carbon-Fiber Accents.
– Outdoor cycle cover.
– “E – Cushion” seat for greater comfort.
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS – USA Specifications
MSRP: $12,999 USD
Engine Type 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 76mm x 55.1mm
Induction Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping
Compression Ratio 12.3:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #530 O-ring chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.4 inches travel
Front Brake Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 320 mm discs
Rear Brake Single 220 mm disc
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 190/55ZR-17 radial
Rake (Caster Angle): 23.3°
Trail 96.2mm (3.8 inches)
Wheelbase 55.4 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches
Curb Weight 461 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.)
Fuel Capacity 4.7 gallons, including 1.06-gallon reserve
Available Colors Red/Black
Model ID CBR10RA
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Note Anti-Lock Braking System
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.measured
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $TBD CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled inline-four
Bore & Stroke 76mm x 55.1m
Compression Ratio 12.3:1
Valve Train Chain-driven DOHC, four valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 43 mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with full adjustability; 119 mm (4.7 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with full adjustability; 137 mm (5.4 in.) travel
Tires 120/70ZR-17 radial front; 190/50ZR-17 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 320 mm discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers; rear single 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Electronically controlled Combined ABS
Seat Height 820mm (32.3 inches)
Wheelbase 1,407mm (55.4 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 17.8 litres
Colour Winning Red, Graphite Black, Exclusive Edition – Repsol (Not available from all Dealers)