2009 Suzuki GSX650F
Back to 2009 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Suzuki GSX650F
2009 Suzuki GSX650F
Here’s fuel-injected proof that sportbikes don’t have to be one-dimensional. Introducing the GSX650F, featuring an ideal balance of sportbike excitement and all-around versatile performance.
It offers crisp handling, so you can turn any winding road into a ride to remember. Its liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine is tuned for strong low-end and midrange power, for smooth and easy riding around town. Whether you’re on the back roads or the open highway, you’ll appreciate the GSX650F’s comfortable design, including a more upright seating position that makes all-day rides a pleasure.
And the GSX650F has one more feature that you’ll appreciate – a price tag that will leave you smiling.
– New graphics and body colors for 2009, including Suzuki’s legendary Blue/White combination, and new Black/Orange design
– Compact, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, DOHC 656cc engine utilizing a bore and stroke of 65.5 mm x 48.7 mm and featuring strong and easily accessible power and torque
– Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system for smooth acceleration. Fuel injectors are compact and lightweight with 4 hole injectors for optimum fuel atomization and greater power output
– The cylinder head achieves a narrow valve angle of 17 degrees intake and exhaust for high intake and exhaust efficiency
– Cam profiles are chosen with an emphasis on low-to-mid range power output and help to deliver highly accessible performance that is well suited to an entry level rider
– Piston rings are manufactured with ion plating treatment using Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) for a smoother surface, increased durability and reduced friction and reduced oil consumption
– Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated cylinders deliver high heat dissipation and allow for better ring seal while reducing blow-by and mechanical losses
– A large capacity exhaust system utilizes a high capacity catalyzer and an oxygen sensor to meet strict
– Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions requirements while still providing strong performance throughout the rpm range
– The GSX650F keeps cool with a high efficiency radiator combined with a 190mm electric cooling fan controlled by the ECM and a high output water pump with a bearing-less design for reduced weight
– Six speed transmission works smoothly with a hydraulic clutch for crisp shifting in a variety of riding conditions
– A stylish full fairing design with styling cues taken from the high performance GSX-R series for a sport-inspired look with full fairing protection for the rider
– Double cradle steel frame provides excellent balance, nimble handling a unmatched rider comfort with a sporty overall feel
– 41mm forks are designed for a smooth ride and are preload adjustable for a variety of riding conditions
– Rebound and preload adjustable rear shock works in conjunction with a link-type rear suspension for excellent road holding performance
– Tokico 4 piston front brake calipers are used with a 310mm floating discs for optimum braking performance and combined with a pin slide two piston rear caliper and a 240mm rear brake disc
– Wide, comfortable one piece seat with low seat height for increased rider and passenger comfort
– GSX-R inspired instrument cluster includes a step motor driven tachometer, multi-function LCD for dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, fuel gauge, and a useful gear position indicator with GSX-R inspired shift light
– Compact fuel tank is designed for an easy reach to the handlebar with a narrow mid section while still retaining a full 5.0 gallons of fuel capacity.
– Handlebar is rubber mounted for reduced vibration
2009 Suzuki GSX650F – USA Specifications
MSRP: $7,299 USD
Model Number GSX650FK9
Suggested Retail $7299
Engine 656 cc (40.0 cu. In), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore & Stroke 65.5 mm (2.579 in) x 48.7 mm (1.917 in)
Compression Ratio 11.5 : 1
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive RK525 SMOZ7Y, 118 links
Overall Length 2130 mm (83.9 in)
Overall Width 760 mm (29.9 in)
Overall Height 1235 mm (48.6 in)
Seat Height 770 mm (30.3 in)
Ground Clearance 125 mm (4.9 in)
Wheelbase 1470 mm (57.9 in)
Curb Weight 241 kg (531 lbs)
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
Tires Rear 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 19.0 L (5.0/4.2 US/Imp gal)
Color Blue/White, Orange/Black
2009 Suzuki GSX650F – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada. See ABS version only.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.