Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Honda Fury ABS
2010 Honda Fury ABS
The wild chopper that everybody’s talking about just got a whole lot better. The daring Honda Fury is now available with Honda’s Combined Brake System with ABS, which provides both the operating ease of linked brakes and the control of an advanced Anti-lock Braking System. With its radically raked front end, sleek and smooth lines, and that big V-twin engine cradled by a spartan frame, the Fury ABS captures the essence of the choppers of yesteryear. But where some retro-choppers are little more than impractical styling exercises, the Fury ABS backs up its outrageous looks with advanced engineering. You get wild chopper looks, plus the handling and reliability you expect from a Honda.
-1,312 cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and midrange torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
Powerplant design features new camshafts and a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine’s character.
– Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers help to minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulses transmitted by the traditional V-twin design.
– Each three-valve cylinder head features two 31 mm intake valves and a large 40 mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the incoming air/fuel charge.
– Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– Programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) contributes to strong engine performance and low emissions.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability and efficiency.
– Two sparkplugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– A unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height.
– Custom chromed shotgun-style exhaust system produces a unique deep exhaust note.
– The Fury is the only mass-produced chopper with shaft final drive for smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
– The compact radiator is tucked neatly between the frame’s front downtubes for a clean look without hampering cooling performance.
– To maintain the remarkably uncluttered look between the front cylinder and the front downtube/radiator area, the top radiator hose is hidden away beneath the front valve cover.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioners reduce maintenance requirements.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-centre damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
– Combined Brake System with ABS provides both the operating ease of linked front and rear brakes and the control of an advanced Anti-lock Brake System.
– High-mount steering head gives the frame a see-through, open-air look with plenty of breathing room between the tank/upper frame and the front cylinder head.
– Eight-spoke alloy wheels hold a fat 200-series rear tire paired with a slim 21-inch front tire.
– A long wheelbase — the Fury ABS stretches a full 1,804 mm (71 in.) between the axles — accentuates the chopper look and allows an ultra-low 686 mm (27 in.) seat height.
– The Fury ABS’s sleek lines cloak an ingenious single-shock rear suspension system with adjustable rebound damping and five-position spring preload adjustment for superb riding comfort that’s far above the norm for a chopper-style motorcycle.
– The LED taillight is tucked cleanly into the back of the rear fender, and the fender itself lacks visible stays. The result is a clean and smooth shape that complements the Fury ABS’s uncluttered look.
– A metallic finish to the engine cases combines with ample chrome to create a gleaming centrepiece for the Fury ABS.
– Riding solo? The passenger seat can be removed to give the Fury ABS an even more stripped-down appearance.
– A selection of Honda Genuine Accessories allow you to add your personal touch.
2010 Honda Fury ABS – USA Specifications
MSRP: $NA USD
Model not available in the USA, see non-ABS version.
2010 Honda Fury ABS – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $TBD CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 1,312 cc
Bore & Stroke 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 45 mm fork; 102 mm (4 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock with adjustable rebound damping and five-position spring preload adjustability; 95 mm (3.7 in.) travel
Tires 90/90 – 21 front; 200/50R – 18 rear
Brakes Front single 336 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper.Combined Brake System with ABS
Seat Height 686 mm (27 in.)
Seating capacity Two
Wheelbase 1,804 mm (71 in.)
Curb Weight 309 kg (681 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 12.8 litres
Colour Graphite Black