Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Honda Ruckus NPS50
2011 Honda Ruckus NPS50
What could be cooler than an economical scooter? How about one with an extra dose of attitude. The 2011 Honda Ruckus® is Honda’s bare-knuckle scooter that sets a new standard for cool.
Want to blend in? Then forget about a Ruckus. Because this machine packs way more attitude than bikes twice its size. Sure, the thrifty 49cc engine gets you where you need to go and hardly uses any gas doing it. Urban riding couldn’t be easier thanks to the V-matic® automatic transmission and electric starter. And best of all the Ruckus is built tough so it can handle all the bumps and dings that modern life dishes out, but does it with a style all its own.
Less is More.
Instead of wrapping the Ruckus in plastic and chrome, we took all that stuff off. The result? The most unique scooter on the road.
The Ruckus uses a liquid-cooled single-cylinder 49cc engine so you get plenty of power, famous Honda reliability, and awesome gas mileage.
Fill Up with Only 1.3 Gallons.
How far can you go with a little over one gallon? Let’s just put it this way: Your coffee budget is probably going to be a lot bigger than your fuel budget.
2011 Honda Ruckus NPS50 Features
Automatic Transmission: One-speed automatic transmission means no shifting ever – not even into park or neutral.
Liquid-Cooled Engine: The Ruckus’ liquid-cooled engine offers exactly what you’d expect from a Honda: Power, reliability, and great fuel economy.
Make Your Own Style: What you see is what you get, With its minimal bodywork and rugged overall style, nothing on two wheels or four looks like a Ruckus.
Electric Start: Turn the key, press the button, and go. Getting started on the Ruckus is that simple. An electric choke makes getting started in cold weather a snap, too.
– Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
– Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beams. Fuel-indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Easy to use parking brake.
– Helmet holder locks helmet into place under seat.
– New colors include Orange/Black and Black.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
– Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
– Electric starter system allows easy push-button starting.
– Maintenance-free ignition system.
– Electronic Control Unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
– Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
– Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and smooth operation.
– Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
– Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
– Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
– Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable stopping.
– Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
2011 Honda Ruckus NPS50 – United States of America Specifications
USA MSRP – $2,499
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Induction: 15mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Suspension Front: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Brakes Front: Drum
Tires Front: 120/90-10
Wheelbase: 49.8 inches
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy: 114 MPG
Colors: Orange/Black, Black
Curb Weight*: 194 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA and State of California emissions standards.
2011 Honda Ruckus NPS50 – Canadian Specifications
Canada MSRP – $TBA CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 37.8 mm x 44 mm
Compression Ratio 11.9:1
Valve Train SOHC, 2-valve
Fuel Delivery 18 mm CV with auto choke
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front Suspension Twin downtube fork; 56 mm (2.2 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 66 mm (2.6 in.) travel
Tires 120/90 – 10 front; 130/90 – 10 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Seat Height 735 mm (28.9 in.)
Wheelbase 1,265 mm (49.8 in.)
Curb Weight 88 kg (194 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 5 litres