Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki KX 65
2011 Kawasaki KX 65
Team Green™ Motocross Glory Starts Here
Competitive riders have to start somewhere – and Kawasaki’s KX™65 is a perfect place to develop high-performance riding skills. With its high-revving and deliciously powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight and agile chassis, disc brakes, long-travel suspension and small size, the KX65 can help teach energetic youngsters the basics – and much more – of what’s arguably the most physically demanding sport in the world.
It all starts with the KX65’s liquid-cooled, 64cc two-stroke engine, which pumps out surprising levels of power considering its small displacement. Mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with a manual clutch, the compact powerplant is bolted to a semi-double-cradle steel frame. Like its older KX siblings, the KX65’s swing arm uses Kawasaki’s legendary UNI-TRAK® linkage system, which alters leverage on the rear shock as the suspension is compressed, so that small bumps receive light damping and larger bumps receive progressively firmer damping for a smoother ride and better control. Both the shock and fork boast four-way adjustable rebound damping for optimal handling. Lightweight black aluminum rims reduce unsprung weight to help improve suspension action, and offer the same aggressive look as the rims on the larger KX models. Both wheels feature hydraulic disc brakes that not only provide great stopping power but require little maintenance and simplify wheel removal.
Younger riders who race their KX65 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
Kawasaki KX 65 model Highlights
Details & Features
64cc Two-stroke Engine
– Digital ignition offers ideal timing for optimal throttle response throughout the rev range
– Ignition rotor features rare-earth magnets, making it smaller, lighter and more durable. Its low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
– High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark, and the punchier response improves acceleration
– Connecting rod big-end bearing features a cage for added durability
– Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
– The oil seal of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
– Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
– Advanced exhaust and transfer ports increase power and performance at higher rpm
– Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
– Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently for cooler running
– Large radiator provides more consistent engine temperatures, keeping power output strong throughout the moto
– Cooling system offers greater reliability and less engine wear
24mm Mikuni Carburetor
– Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
– Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
– Positive action and rugged durability
– Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
– Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
– Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material
High-tensile Steel Frame
– Exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling
– Reinforced downtube adds strength and durability
– Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
– Four-position rebound-damping adjustment accommodates different riding styles and terrain
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
– Rising-rate action allows a more controlled ride as the suspension compresses
– Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions
– External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
– Rebuildable aluminum body
– Forged aluminum rocker arm reduces weight and improves durability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Light and powerful
– Ergonomic front brake lever shape offers better feel
– Resist fading
– Require less lever pressure
– Black rims provide the same aggressive look as the rims on larger KX models
– Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
Detachable Aluminum Silencer
– Silencer is removable, and packing is replaceable
– Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
2011 Kawasaki KX 65 – USA Specifications
MSRP: $3,499 USD
Bore x Stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
Cooling System: Liquid
Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
Induction: Four-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 8.4: 1
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame Type: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
Front Tire Size: 60/100×14
Rear Tire Size: 80/100×12
Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 62.6 in.
Overall width: 29.9 in.
Overall height: 37.6 in.
Ground clearance: 12
Seat height: 29.9 in.
Curb weight: 132.2 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
Color Choices: Lime Green
2011 Kawasaki KX 65 – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $TBD CDN
Model may not be available in Canada
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.