46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda VF750C Magna
Back to 2002 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
What better engine to power a 750cc performance cruiser than a V4 derived from Honda's championship winning superbikes?
That's right. The heart of every Magna is its high-revving, short-stroke V4. Blessed with four carburetors, four valves per cylinder and double overhead camshafts, Magna's 748cc V4 spins to rpm other cruisers only dream about. Yet, with its 10.8:1 compression ratio and optimized bore/stroke configuration, the VF750's abundant low-end torque is always ready.
It may sound like a superbike, but the Magna has cruiser 'attitude' with a low 710mm seat height, a detachable rear seat and a stretched 1,652mm wheelbase.
The VF750 Magna. The power cruiser with superbike credentials.
· Liquid-cooled, previous generation VFR-derived DOHC 90-degree V-4 is tuned for excellent mid-range power and torque.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· 360-degree crankshaft provides a distinctive custom V-4 feel and sound.
· Four 34mm carburetors offer excellent throttle response.
· Solid-state digital ignition system for high performance and no maintenance.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation gives high-rpm reliability and lengthens maintenance intervals.
· Combustion chamber and piston design allow a 10.8:1 compression ratio for optimum performance with regular fuel.
· Free-flowing, stylish four-into-four exhaust system enhances performance and looks.
· Compact, lightweight aluminum radiator helps stabilize engine temperature for optimal performance.
· Five-speed transmission provides around-town ease and economical freeway cruising.
· Rigid double-cradle steel frame positions engine low for superb handling and low, 710mm seat height.
· Large-diameter, 41mm cartridge front fork gives excellent control and a plush ride.
· Massive box-section swingarm.
· Chrome-plated dual rear shocks with five-position-adjustable spring preload.
· Five-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with wide, low-profile tubeless tires.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Large-diameter disc front brake with twin-piston caliper.
· Wide, deep-cushion seat provides low seating position for comfort and confidence.
· Detachable passenger seat.
· Large, 13.5 litre fuel tank for extended cruising.
· Large valve cover and cylinder fins, plus many chromed and polished engine components.
· Halogen headlight.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Easy-to-read instruments include electronic tachometer.
· Helmet lock.
· Cruiser shield.
· Chrome backrest.
· Chrome rear carrier (square tube).
· Chrome engine guard.
· Magnetic tank bag.
· Cycle cover.
748cc liquid-cooled, 90-degree, V-four
Bore and Stroke
70mm x 48.6mm
DOHC; four valves per cylinder, shim-under-bucket
Four 34mm downdraft, flatslide CV
Five-speed, close ratio
41mm cartridge fork; 150mm travel
Dual shocks with five-way spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1652mm (65.0 in.)
710mm (28.0 in.)
229 kg (505 lbs.)
13.5 L (3.0 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.