Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape TRX680FGA
2009 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape TRX680FGA
Some open-class ATVs are almost as big as your truck, and just about as heavy. But the Honda TRX680FG Rincon isn’t your typical open-class machine. Not only is it as light as many 500s for great handling and easy loading and unloading, it’s also packed with high-tech features. Fuelinjection gives the 675 cc liquid-cooled engine crisp throttle response, rapid warm- up and a stable idle, while also adjusting automatically for changes in temperature and altitude. Other good stuff includes a rugged automotive- style automatic transmission, front disc brakes, built-in GPScape®, and optional NaturalGear™ camouflage bodywork.
Rincon, it’s our biggest, most powerful utility ATV. On board is a liquid-cooled, 700-class, single-cylinder longitudinal engine specially tuned for low-rpm torque and power. It also has fully Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) and Honda’s automotive-style three-speed automatic transmission. Finally, with electronic fuel injection for instant startups and precise throttle response, it doesn’t matter how hot it is or how high you climb.
A powerful 675cc engine, independent rear suspension, electronic fuel injection, Hondamatic automatic transmission, four-wheel disc brakes and an integrated GPScape navigation system all work together to place the FourTrax Rincon far and away above all competitors.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
– New Blue color joins Red, Olive and Natural Gear™ Camouflage on the TRX680FA.
– Exclusive Natural Gear Camouflage color scheme offers a pattern that’s soft, open and shadow-free for superior camouflage performance in a wide variety of conditions.
– Honda’s liquid-cooled four-stroke ATV features a single-cylinder, fuel-injected 675cc OHV engine that provides ample torque and dependable power.
– Honda’s automotive-style automatic ATV transmission draws power through a hydraulic torque converter to drive three forward gears and Reverse.
– The FourTrax Rincon features Honda’s fully independent ATV rear suspension for comfortable cruising over the toughest terrain.
– Extensive weight-saving measures include the use of aluminum for the following components: forged front upper control arms, rear upper and lower control arms, rear knuckles, front and rear wheels.
– Integrated GPScape® (see Technology Section)
– High-capacity liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life.
– Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
– Advanced design Longitudinally Mounted Engine (see Technology Section)
– Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section)
– Reliable cold-weather starting.
– Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels.
– Unique semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
– Standard high-flow oil cooler ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
– TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
– Torque-Sensitive Front Differential (see Technology Section)
– The rear driveshaft joins the rear final-drive gearcase at a 77° angle, eliminating the weight and complexity of an additional shaft and joints. The design also contributes to the Rincon’s considerable 8.0 inches of rear wheel travel.
– USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Hondamatic Automatic Transmission
– The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module Unit (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
– The Honda automatic transmission shifts electronically-eliminating unsightly and trouble-prone vacuum lines-and features engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
– Features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. The compact and maintenance-free design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. Using multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
– Electric Shift Program (ESP™) (see Technology Section)
– A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
– A convenient column-style shift lever permits the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or Reverse.
– A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
– Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings in place of conventional ball joints and radius arms, eliminating geometry variations as the rear suspension travels through its stroke. This simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to responsive overall handling.
– Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
– Dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system that removes mud and snow from inside the front wheel. This helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
– A rear, center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s considerable ground clearance.
– Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear-selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LEDs for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge located within the instrument housing comes as standard equipment.
– Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature- type fuse.
– Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam to provide all-day riding comfort.
– Low-fuel warning light.
– Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of storage capacity and can be opened when the rider is seated.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply.
2009 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape TRX680FGA – USA Specifications
American MSRP $8,199 USD
Model: TRX680FA / TRX680FGA (with GPS)
Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 102.0mm x 82.6mm
Induction: Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears, Reverse and electronic controls
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches travel
Rear: Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 25 x 8-12 radial
Rear: 25 x 10-12 radial
Length: 83.2 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 47.5 inches
Seat Height: 34.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
Wheelbase: 50.8 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.3 gallons, including 1.2-gallon reserve
TRX680FA: Red, Olive, Blue, Natural Gear Camouflage
TRX680FGA: Red, Natural Gear Camouflage
Curb Weight*: 648 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape TRX680FGA – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $11,899 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 675 cc
Bore & Stroke 102 mm x 82.6 mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Valve Train OHV, 4 valves
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI fuel-injection
Transmission Fully automatic electronically controlled automotive-type three-speed with selectable ESP and reverse
Final Drive 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing front differential
Front Suspension Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 175 mm (6.9 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 203 mm (8 in.) travel
Tires 25×8 – 12 front; 25×10 – 12 rear
Brakes Front dual 180 mm hydraulic discs; rear single hydraulic disc
Length 2,113 mm (83.2 inches)
Width 1,189 mm (46.8 inches)
Ground Clearance 234 mm (9.2 inches)
Seat Height 875 mm (34.5 inches)
Wheelbase 1,289 mm (50.8 inches)
Curb Weight 294 kg (648 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 16.3 litres, including 4.3-litre reserve
Colour Red, Camo (optional)