Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki KFX90
2011 Kawasaki KFX90
A Smart Choice for New Riders
The KFX®90 ATV allows young riders to answer the call to adventure. Its fully automatic transmission, full suspension and big ATV styling make it a great machine to introduce riders 12 and over to the world of four-wheeling. Parents will appreciate the KFX90’s smooth, stable handling and the protection offered by full floorboards.
An environmentally friendly four-stroke 89cc engine powers the KFX90, providing healthy mid-range performance with a compliant power delivery. The easy-to-use continuously variable automatic transmission eliminates the need for a shift lever, so riders can pay more attention to improving their riding skills than on shifting. The dual front shocks and swingarm rear suspension help cushion a young rider from bumps, making the ride even more enjoyable.
Parents will value the added security offered by the KFX90’s keyed ignition switch, which prevents use without the key. Once they hand over the key, parents can still exercise control over the KFX90’s available performance, via the throttle limiting screw and a CVT transmission speed limiter. These allow the ATV’s maximum speed to be preset to match a rider’s ability.
The KFX90 is also equipped with premium features like electric starting, a single-shock rear suspension, independent A-arm front suspension, and a single rear disc, supplemented by dual front drum brakes.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
89cc Air-cooled, SOHC, Four-stroke Single
– Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam four-stroke engine
– Produces user-friendly power that’s easily managed by entry-level riders
– Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
– Electrically operated enrichening circuit automatically opens an extra fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
– Equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor
– Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
– Chain drive
– Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
– Wide stance for stable handling
– Steel chassis for durability
– Full floorboards
– A-arm front suspension with dual shocks
– Swingarm rear suspension
– 3.9-inch ground clearance at the rear axle
– Maxxis tires
– 18 x 7-8 front, 18 x 9-8 rear
– Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake for excellent stopping power
– All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
Easy Parental Controls
– Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
– Throttle-limiting screw allows parents to limit throttle opening to help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
– Collar in CVT can be removed for increased speed as experience is gained
– Warning: ATVs can be hazardous to operate. For your safety: Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never carry a passenger. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Never ride on public roads or pavement. Avoid excessive speeds and stunt driving. Be extra careful on difficult terrain Kawasaki’s KFX®90 is recommended for use only by persons 12 and older. All children under 16 riding ATVs should always have direct adult supervision. Kawasaki ATVs with engines of 90cc and above are recommended for use only by persons 16 years of age or older. Kawasaki also recommends that all ATV riders take a training course. For more information, see your dealer, or call the ATV Safety Institute at 1-800-887-2887.
2011 Kawasaki KFX90 – Specifications
American MSRP $2,699 US
Canadian MSRP $3,499 CDN
Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 47.0 x 51.8mm
Compression ratio: 10.0: 1
Carburetion: Mikuni PTE 16
Ignition: Solid state CDI
Transmission: Continuously Variable Automatic
Final drive: Chain
Frame Type: Double cradle, steel
Suspension front / wheel travel: Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.
Suspension rear / wheel travel: Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.
Front Tire Size: AT18x7-8 tubeless
Rear Tire Size: AT18x9-8 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brakes: Dual mechanical drums / Hydraulic disc
Overall length: 56.1 in.
Overall width: 35.6 in.
Wheelbase: 38.0 in.
Ground clearance: At rear axle – 3.9 in.
Track Front/Rear: 26.8 / 26.0 in.
Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
Curb weight: 262 lbs.
Color Choices: Lime Green
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty: 12 Months