Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans 4×4 Camo
2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans 4×4 Camo
Got A Large Hunting – Or Work – Party To Haul? This Is Your Vehicle
Transporting enough supplies and gear necessary for a weekend hunt for four deep in the wilderness has always been a challenge. But with Kawasaki’s hunting-oriented camouflaged Mule™ 4010 Trans4x4® in the mix, making it happen is a far easier proposition. This high level of flexible competency stems from the Trans4x4’s unique ability to switch from two-person cargo hauler to four-person crew hauler with just a few quick and easy steps, while Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage ensures you’ll blend in with your surroundings.
Its selectable four-wheel drive, electric power steering (EPS) system and powerful, digital fuel injection (DFI®) equipped engine work in conjunction with a fully-automatic transmission and locking rear differential to make the handy Mule 4010 Trans4x4 an outstanding choice for just about any utility vehicle need. Bold styling and the outdoor-motif graphic package are complemented by user-friendly controls and dashboard layout, and a tilting cargo bed allows simple unloading.
The Mule 4010 4×4’s liquid-cooled 617cc four-stroke V-twin is managed by a digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and features a DFI system that compensates for variations in atmospheric pressure, engine and air temperature. The result is smooth and consistent engine starting, crisp throttle response and more precise fuel metering, which helps reduce fuel consumption and reduce emissions. The ECU incorporates an automatic fast idle speed control that activates when the engine is cold, eliminating the need for a manual choke. Its electronics also regulate maximum engine speed, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor.
The powerful 617cc V-twin engine is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features both high and low range plus reverse. Power is transmitted through a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive system to a dual-mode rear differential that can be locked to maximize traction, or unlocked to improve handling and minimize ground disturbance when making tight turns. Mule 4010 Trans4x4 drivers can also engage four-wheel drive for extra traction in difficult conditions.
The wheelbase of the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 may be 11.6 inches longer than a standard 4010, but still offers a tight turning radius and excellent rough terrain capabilities. An electric power steering (EPS) system makes the low-effort rack-and-pinion steering even easier to turn. The EPS reduces steering effort by up to 30 percent, and is a significant boost at low speeds in four-wheel drive, using input from vehicle speed and torque sensors to determine how much assistance is required from the system’s electric motor.
With the forward/reverse, high/low-range gear lever and the four-wheel drive selector all within easy reach on the dash, drivers can focus more attention on negotiating rough or fragile terrain. The Trans4x4 dashboard features an easy-to-see coolant temperature warning light, hour meter, a horn, dual glove boxes, driver and passenger cup holders and a push-button control that activates the headlights. The cab also features retractable rear seat belts and padded rear-passenger grab handles.
With its modern and rugged bodywork, this four-wheel drive utility vehicle is a natural in tough work environments. Its body panels are manufactured from a durable, color-molded plastic that helps hide minor scuffs and scratches. The extendable cab on the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 is surrounded by the large-diameter steel tube frame structure.
The front hood can be opened with the pull of a dash-mounted knob and allows access to a deep storage space equipped with convenient D-rings to help secure cargo. Additionally, two levers make opening and closing the tailgate a secure and easy process. The convenience factor on the Trans4x4 extends beyond easy-access latches or controls; it also boasts owner-friendly features like the winch-ready tabs located under the front grille, which greatly simplify the winch-mounting process.
Maintenance chores are simplified with an air restrictor gauge in the cab to indicate when the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced, and the fuse box and oil dipstick are conveniently located underneath the seat for quick access.
Effective stopping power is provided by four hydraulically operated, self-adjusting, sealed drum brakes designed to resist contamination from water, mud and other debris. Large 23-inch low-pressure tires provide a comfortable ride, great traction and help minimize impact over a variety of terrain.
A smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension works in conjunction with a heavy duty DeDion-type leaf spring rear suspension system to provide the Trans4x4 with an extended-bed 800-pound cargo capacity, or a 400-pound capacity when in four-passenger mode. In addition to its stellar payload capacity, the Mule 4010 Trans4x4 utility vehicle can tow up to 1,200 pounds with an optional draw bar.
Other popular accessories include an enclosed cab, cab heater, snow plow and soft or hard tops. These and many other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
At a glance…
– Realtree® APG™ HD® covered body panels
– Two or four seats via Kawasaki’s revolutionary transformable design
– Digital fuel injected V-twin power
– Fully automatic transmission with selectable two
– or four-wheel drive
– Modern styling and low operating costs
– Electric power steering system (EPS)
Transformable Cargo Bed
– Two rows of seats easily accommodate up to four people
– Can be transformed from a four-passenger to a two-passenger off-road utility vehicle with the rear seat folded down and the cargo bed expanded to carry larger payload – from 400 pounds with four passengers to 800 pounds with two passengers
– Rear bench seat includes retractable seat belts and padded rear-passenger grab handle
Liquid-cooled, V-twin Engine
– Four-stroke, 617cc industrial V-twin engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
– Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
– Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
– Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
– Computer-controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, and air/engine temperature for easy, prompt starting under a variety of conditions
– Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
– Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and are controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
– Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth efficient operation
– Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
– Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– DFI® precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive System (KAPS)
– Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high and low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
– The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
– Tuned to accommodate higher loads
– Large drive and driven torque converters maximize engagement area of the thick and strong drive belt for improved heat dissipation and added durability
– High-flow cover helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and waterproofing
– Sheaves with high silicon type material for increased durability
– Open sided drive pulley offers efficient cooling for longer belt life
– Offers adjustable belt deflection
Cab Frame Air Intake
– Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there is less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Torque Converter Air Filter
– Efficient intake cooling fan draws plenty of air into the CVT
– Special air cleaner with easily replaceable filter element cuts torque converter wear by cooling it with filtered air
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
– The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
– The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
– Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
– No power steering pump means no power loss from the engine
– EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Four-wheel Drive with Two-speed Transfer Case
– Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
– Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
– Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction, or unlocked when negotiating delicate terrain
Independent Strut-type Front Suspension
– MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provides a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
– Firm springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
– Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
– Semi-independent action
Four-wheel, Self-adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
– Powerful, low maintenance four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
– Brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
Wheels and Tires
– 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls offer an improved ride and add ground clearance
– Rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
– Wheel bearing seals on all four wheels have three lips for better protection
Front Hood with Storage Tub
– Large under hood storage tub holds cargo out of sight
– Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
– Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for unloading
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
Rugged and Capable
– Rugged and modern styling is wrapped in Realtree® APG™ HD® camouflage
– Can tow up to 1,200 pounds with optional Kawasaki draw bar
– Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Bench seat can carry up to three
– Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
– Oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
– Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
– An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
– 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity
– 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
– Dashboard has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
– Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
– Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
– Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
– Hour meter and a horn are standard equipment
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Cab Heater
– Snow Plow
2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans 4×4 Camo – Specifications
American MSRP $11,299 USD
Canadian MSRP $NA CDN
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
Bore x Stroke: 76 x 68mm
Compression ratio: 10.3: 1
Carburetor: Digital Fuel Injection
Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition: Digital electronic
Electrical: 12V, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Tires: 23×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheelbase: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheelbase: Semi-independent, DeDion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
Dry weight: 1,565 lbs.
Overall length: 130.1 in.
Overall height: 75.8 in.
Overall width: 58.5 in.
Wheelbase: 85.2 in.
Ground clearance: 7.1 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 50.4 x 47.7 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft. (2-passenger mode); 30.3 x 47.7 x 11.3 / 10.2 cu. ft. (4-passenger mode)
Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity: 400 lbs. (4-passenger mode) / 800 lbs. (2-passenger mode)
Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
Turning radius: 12.8 ft.
Top speed: 25 mph, governed
Lighting: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, speedometer
Color Choices: Realtree® APG™ HD®
Warranty: 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12 or 24 months