Click photos to enlarge. They make great desktop wallpaper.
– 2013 Kawasaki KFX50 Review
2013 Kawasaki KFX50
Kid-Sized ATV is Back!
For youth ATV riders age six years and older, proper learning starts with the Kawasaki KFX®50. Featuring a wide 27.6-inch stance, full floorboards and environmentally friendly air-cooled, four-stroke engine, the KFX50 makes a good foundation for young learners, thanks to its intelligent parental control features, easy electric starting, and beginner friendly performance.
An adjustable throttle stop, CVT transmission, speed limiter and lanyard safety switch allow parental control while the rider’s ATV confidence and skill levels increase. Once riders are confident enough to operate the KFX50 on their own, parents can still retain control over its operation, thanks to the keyed ignition which help prevent unauthorized use.
The KFX50 has styling like that of the larger KFX models and boasts features such as electric starting, single-shock swingarm rear suspension, A-arm front suspension, dual front drum and single rear disc brakes. This compact entry-level ATV also incorporates full floorboards, which provide extra comfort and safety for the rider.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Genuine Kawasaki Accessories are available through authorized Kawasaki dealers.
The KFX50 is perfect for beginning riders age six years and older. The KFX50 combines an environmentally friendly four-stroke aircooled engine with solid handling, especially important for young riders.
– Ignition cut-off lanyard safety switch. Rear brake light alerts other riders that you are slowing down.
– Electric start with kick-start backup.
– Ample 5.3” ground clearance to get through the rough stuff.
– Easy to use parental controls for setting speed and power limits. Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key.
– Wide stance for confident handling in the trails.
– Independent A-arm front suspension with preload adjustable shocks ensures stable handling.
2013 Kawasaki KFX50 Features and Benefits
49cc air-cooled, OHC, four-stroke single
• Reliable 49cc air-cooled, overhead-camshaft, four-stroke engine produces user-friendly power
• Electric push-button starting with kick-start backup
• Electrically-operated fuel enrichener automatically opens fuel passage during cranking for easy starting
• Equipped with an USFS-approved spark arrestor
• Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
• Centrifugal clutch on the transmission allows engine braking under certain conditions for added slowing power
• Chain drive
• Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger KFX models
• Wide stance for stable handling
• Steel chassis for durability
• Full floorboards
• A-arm front suspension
• Swingarm rear suspension
• 3.4 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
• Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake slow things down in a hurry
• All three brakes are activated by the handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify operation
Easy Parental Controls
• Keyed ignition switch prevents starting without a key
• Screw-type throttle limiter and collar in the CVT allow parents to set speed and power limits to suit their youngster’s skill and experience
• Ignition-cutoff tether allows an adult to immediately stop engine operation by pulling the tether line
2013 Kawasaki KFX50 – Unitied States of America Specifications / Technical Details
USA MSRP: $1,999 USD
Engine Air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke 39.0 x 41.4mm
Compression ratio 10.8:1
Carburetion Keihin PTE 16
Ignition Solid state CDI
Transmission Continuously Variable Automatic
Final drive Chain
Frame Type Double cradle, steel
Suspension front / wheel travel Single A-arm with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.
Suspension rear / wheel travel Swingarm with single shock absorber / 2.9 in.
Front Tire Size AT16x8-7 tubeless
Rear Tire Size AT16x8-7 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brakes Dual mechanical drums / Hydraulic disc
Overall length 55.1 in.
Overall width 34.7 in.
Wheelbase 38.0 in.
Ground clearance At rear axle – 3.4 in.
Track Front/Rear 27.2 / 27.6 in.
Fuel capacity 1.5 gal.
Curb weight 245 lbs.
Color Choices Lime Green
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months
2013 Kawasaki KFX50 – Canada Specifications / Technical Details
Canadian MSRP: $2,299 CDN
Type 4-stroke, Single
Bore and Stroke 39.0 x 41.4 mm
Cooling Fan air
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Valve System SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
Fuel System Keihin PTE 16 carburetor
Starting Electric with kick back-up
Lubrication Forced lubrication (wet sump)
Transmission Automatic, CVT with centrifugal clutch
Primary Drive Belt converter
Final Drive Chain, 2WD
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.03 ~ 0.91 (Belt converter)
Gear Ratio 13.6 (53/15 x 54/14)
Final Reduction Ratio 2.0 (32/16)
Type Double cradle, tubular steel
Wheel Travel: Front 71 mm (2.8 in.)
Tires: Front AT 16 x 8-7 Tubeless
Wheel Travel: Rear 74 mm (2.9 in.)
Tires: Rear AT 16 x 8-7 Tubeless
Caster (Rake) 3.8º
Trail 13.5 mm (0.5 in.)
Suspension, Front Single A-arm with twin shocks
Suspension, Rear Uni-Trak Swingarm, single shock
Front: Type Dual mechanical drums
Rear: Type Hydraulic drilled discs with single piston caliper
Parking: Type Mechanical drum
Battery 12 V, 4 Ah
Charging Output 5 A, 14 V @ 5,000 rpm
Brake Light 12 V, 21 W
Overall Length 1400 mm (55.1 in.)
Overall Width 880 mm (34.7 in.)
Overall Height 910 mm (35.8 in.)
Wheelbase 965 mm (38.0 in.)
Tread (Front/Rear) 690 mm (27.2 in.) / 700 mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: At Rear Axle 85 mm (3.4 in.)
Seat Height 635 mm (25.0 in.)
Curb Mass** 111 kg (245 lbs.)
Fuel Capacity 5.5 litres (1.2 gal.)
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
Minimum Turning Radius 2.7 m (8.7 ft)
Warranty 12 mo. warranty
ADDITIONAL COST OPTIONS
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP begins after the standard limited warranty expires)
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.