2015 Yamaha FZ8
Back to 2015 Yamaha Motorcycle Model Review Page
Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha FZ8 Review
2015 Yamaha FZ8 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The 2015 FZ8 is one of 2 “maxi” scooters in our line-up. The 395cc FZ8 pumps out the power of a motorcycle with the convenience and comfort of a scooter. Offering a fully automatic transmission, an upright riding position, great weather protection, and tons of room for a passenger and gear, the FZ8 breaks the traditional scooter mold and is fully highway capable.
2015 Yamaha FZ8 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Peppy, 395cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine produces excellent highway capable power and incredible fuel economy. Top speed of the FZ8 400 is over 150 km/h, making it a great city and highway capable commuter.
Huge, 60-litre, locking under seat storage compartment can easily hold two (2) full-face helmets. A vanity light is provided in the rear section of the trunk for added convenience. Additional storage can also be found in the front area of the rider cockpit. There is one larger lockable compartment and one smaller non-lockable compartment.
2015 Yamaha FZ8 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Peppy, 395cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine produces excellent highway capable power and incredible fuel economy. Top speed of the FZ8 400 is over 150 km/h, making it a great city and highway capable commuter.
• Fuel consumption of approximately 21 kpl or 59 mpg (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
• Liquid cooling maintains consistent engine temperatures even while idling at stoplights or in traffic, for maximum performance and extended engine life.
• Convenient electric starting with automatic decompression system means fast, reliable starting.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance chores and mechanical engine noise.
• Single axis engine counter balancer minimizes vibration to maximize rider and passenger comfort. This is one smooth running scoot.
• 4-valve cylinder head design provides optimum breathing efficiency for great engine performance. Highway speeds are easily obtainable with this powerful engine.
• Suction piston-type 38mm throttle body fuel injection provides crisp, clean throttle response with excellent fuel economy and reduced exhaust emissions. The system also features a throttle position sensor (T.P.S.) that provides information to the ECU to provide the most accurate ignition timing possible for maximum performance at all rpms. Special idle speed control means there is no need to adjust the idle… a special motor regulates idle speed.
• The F.I. system uses a 12 hole injector for excellent fuel atomization and more complete combustion. The injector is located downstream of the throttle body in the intake manifold.
• Electric fuel pump is mounted inside the fuel tank to provide consistent flow of fuel.
• Rear-mounted radiator is assisted by an electric fan to maintain consistent engine temperatures even while idling in stop-and-go traffic.
• Dual air boxes with dual air filters provides maximum performance and excellent air filtering qualities to extend engine life.
• Fully automatic V-belt transmission ensures easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI) system provides a precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance, sure starts and excellent reliability.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces exhaust emissions for a very clean, environmentally friendly engine. The A.I.S. system reduces hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide emissions by injecting fresh air into the exhaust port to completely burn any unburnt gases in the exhaust.
• Environmentally friendly muffler not only produces a quiet exhaust note but also features a catalytic converter that reduces harmful hydrocarbons and nitrous oxide exhaust emissions.
• Final drive is via a clean, quiet, double-cog V-belt.
• Step-through, backbone-style, aluminum and steel frame design allows fast, easy mounting and dismounting. The upper portion of the frame (rear section) utilizes Yamaha’s controlled filling die-cast technology for great strength with light weight.
• Trailing axle 41mm hydraulic front fork with 120mm (4.7″) of wheel travel delivers good bump-absorbing performance and great rider and passenger comfort.
• Adjustable dual shock rear suspension features 104mm (4.1″) of wheel travel while providing a plush, comfortable ride. Shocks offer 5-way spring preload adjustability, allowing rider to tailor suspension for load.
• 267mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper provides excellent stopping power.
• 267mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper provides strong, reliable stopping power.
• Special design parking brake provides additional confidence when parking the FZ8 on sloped ground. A convenient handlebar-mounted lever activates the rear brake to prevent the unit from moving. The lever is designed to interfere with the left handlebar to prevent the unit from being ridden with the park brake activated.
• Rugged, cast aluminum, “mag style” wheels fitted with tubeless tires. Front wheel size is MT3.00X14 with 120/80×14 tubeless tire and rear wheel size is MT4.00×13 fitted with a 150/70×13 tubeless tire.
• Roomy, 2-person seat ensures excellent comfort. Rider and passenger back supports further enhance comfort. The rider portion of the seat can be adjusted forward or backward to add or reduce leg room.
• Huge, 60-litre, locking under seat storage compartment can easily hold two (2) full-face helmets. A vanity light is provided in the rear section of the trunk for added convenience.
• Additional storage can also be found in the front area of the rider cockpit. There is one larger lockable compartment and one smaller non-lockable compartment.
• Specially designed windshield with laminar flow venting (this vent helps reduce the vacuum effect common with many windshield designs) provides excellent wind and weather protection.
• Dual 60/55-watt halogen headlights provide a bright beam of light as well as that sleek, cat-eye image.
• Bright, eye-catching LED taillight
• Stylish front apron and floorboards provide excellent splash and wind protection and highlights the FZ8’s functional side.
• Instrumentation includes analog tachometer and speedometer with digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, fuel gauge, outside air temperature and coolant temperature. The instrumentation also includes a V-belt wear indicator light and an oil change indicator light.
• Special-access panel for spark plug and other selected engine components
• Convenient passenger grab rail is integrated into the rear bodywork.
• Push-to-cancel-type turn signals
• Easy-to-use centre stand and side stand
• Side stand safety lock-out switch prevents unit from being ridden when side stand is down.
• 3-in-1 main ignition switch combines the ignition, fork lock and under seat storage compartment lock into one convenient switch.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Locking fuel cap is hidden by special-access panel located near the operator’s feet.
• Stylish heat shield on muffler protects rider and passenger from hot components.
2015 Yamaha FZ8 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha FZ8 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $7,499 CDN
4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
83 x 73mm
10.6 : 1
3.7 kg-m (26.8 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
38mm throttle body fuel injection
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Fully automatic CVT
V-belt / Spur gear
Adjustable dual shocks
267mm disc / twin piston
267mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
14 litres (3.1 Imp. gallons)
212kg (468 lb)
196kg (432 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).