MOVES YOU IN WAYS YOU’VE NEVER BEEN MOVED BEFORE.
2019 Harley-Davidson FXDR 114:
The FXDR™ 114 features the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 V-Twin engine, the most powerful engine in a Softail®motorcycle. There’s an all-new lightweight cast aluminum swing arm. Bump-devouring racing-style front fork. Mono shock rear suspension. It’s all dialed in for quick response and agility.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON TURNS UP THE HEAT WITH AN ALL-NEW POWER CRUISER: THE 2019 FXDR 114
The aggressive new FXDR 114™ communicates its commitment to all-out performance through visual design inspired at the drag strip, where the application of torque to pavement is sophisticated in its execution – and adrenaline-pumping in application.
- Armed with tyre-spinning 114ci Milwaukee-Eight V-twin power
- Built around a Softail® chassis, with lightweight aluminium swingarm and wheels
- Liberal use of composite components also saves weight
The new Harley-Davidson® FXDR™ 114 delivers hard-core drag-strip aggression with a technical edge. It’s an unapologetic power cruiser bringing a new level of all-out performance to the Harley-Davidson line-up, combining the unrelenting torque of the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine with the liberal use of weight-saving aluminium and composite components. As a result every aspect of performance is amplified.
The FXDR 114 is the tenth Harley-Davidson based on the Softail® platform introduced in 2018 and the latest in a line of 100 high-impact motorcycles the company plans to introduce by 2027.
David Latz, Harley-Davidson Lead Product Manager: “This motorcycle is really a blast to ride. The FXDR 114 surrounds the very capable Softail chassis with Milwaukee-Eight 114 power, premium front and rear suspension and a host of new weight-saving components and materials. This is a power cruiser that delivers exceptional ride and handling characteristics.”
Brad Richards, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Styling and Design: “The look of the FXDR 114 expresses its performance potential and highlights the technical features that set it apart from the rest of the Softail line-up. The drag-bike influence is strong with the raked and inverted front end, massive intake and exhaust, proportional contrast between the wheels and the clipped tail section. But we made sure that purely technical elements like the aluminium swingarm, fully integrated digital instrumentation within the rider controls, and exposed external suspension adjuster are highlighted as well and help define this bike’s mission, which is pure performance – not just straight-line performance.”
The FXDR 114’s aluminium swingarm achieves a 4.62kg weight reduction (6.25kg vs. 10.88kg, or 43% less) over a steel Softail swingarm accommodating a 240 mm rear tire. Because this is unsprung weight (mass located below the suspension) it has a significant impact on rear suspension performance, and is enhanced further by a lightweight 18-inch aluminium disc rear wheel.
The 19-inch forged aluminium Ace front wheel is a lightweight design that features very thin spokes. The FXDR 114 seat and tail section are supported by a subframe of welded aluminium tubing, and the tail section is composite. This replaces the steel subframe, steel rear mudguard and aluminium mudguard supports used on other Softail models, for a weight saving of approximately 3.17kg. The front and rear mudguards are also constructed of lightweight composite material.
2019 Harley-Davidson FXDR 114 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Weight, As Shipped
Seat Height, Laden
HARLEY-DAVIDSON DELIVERS BOLD MOTORCYCLE PERFORMANCE AND RIDE-ENHANCING TECHNOLOGY FOR 2019
The all-out performance of the new 2019 Harley-Davidson® FXDR™ 114 model sets the pace for Harley-Davidson’s new 2019 motorcycles, accessories and gear that deliver fresh style, thrilling performance and advanced technology.
Less than a month after announcing plans for future product in new-to-the-brand categories and a commitment to advance its heavyweight Touring and Cruiser models, the Motor Company introduces a suite of new products that will continue to inspire people around the world to experience the exhilaration of riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
“Harley-Davidson innovation is infused in all of the new products we are offering for 2019,” said Harley-Davidson Vice President of Marketing Heather Malenshek. “Innovation in design, innovation in technology, and innovation in performance will inspire Harley-Davidson fans and a new generation of riders to share the wide-open freedom of motorcycling.”
New Power Cruiser Offers Racing Style and Performance
The FXDR 114 is an unapologetic power cruiser that brings a new level of performance to the Harley-Davidson lineup. The FXDR 114 combines the unrelenting power of the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine with liberal use of weight-saving aluminum and composite components, including a new aluminum swingarm, aluminum subframe, light-weight wheels and composite fenders, to amplify every aspect of its agile handling and performance.
The FXDR 114 is equipped with the most-powerful engine offered in the Softail chassis, a Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin tuned to pound out up to 119 ft. lb. of torque at 3500 rpm (U.S. model). The strong-and-rigid Softail chassis and premium suspension components will reward assertive riders with thrilling agility when riding through twisting backroads and navigating congested urban traffic. The FXDR 114 offers more lean angle than any other Softail model.
Visually, the FXDR 114 communicates its commitment to performance through design inspirations from the drag strip – from a molded speed screen to a clipped tail section and solo seat. The rear fender is shaped to hug a massive 240 mm tire and moves with the tire through the range of the suspension, so it becomes almost invisible when the FXDR 114 is in motion.
(See separate release for complete details on the FXDR 114)
Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike Models Increase Technology and Performance
Harley-Davidson continues to advance its heavyweight Touring and Trike models with technology that elevates performance, function and style.
◾The new Boom! Box™ GTS infotainment system for select Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles offers the contemporary look, feel and function of the latest mobile devices and tablets, with durability and features designed specifically for motorcycling, plus Apple CarPlay compatibility (when a microphone is in use with optional Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories headsets) and hands-free voice recognition.
◾The all-new electronic Reflex Linked Brake system for 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra and Freewheeler three-wheeled motorcycles incorporates Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Drag-Torque Slip Control System (DSCS) and a linked front and rear braking system, features that work together to inspire greater rider confidence.
◾All-new premium Harley-Davidson Touring suspension technology gives the 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra and Freewheeler three-wheeled motorcycle models a significant improvement in ride quality and ease of pre-load adjustment.
◾Select 2019 Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles will be powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine. At 114 cubic inches, the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine has the most displacement offered from the Harley-Davidson factory in standard model motorcycles and delivers strong acceleration and passing performance.
2019 Harley-Davidson FXDR 114 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
2019 FXDR™ 114
The all-new FXDR™ 114 is a feast for the eyes with performance and attitude that’s off the leash. Fast on the straights. Agile in the corners. It’ll blow away your senses.
STYLING + FEATURES
LIVE ON THE EDGE OF THE ENVELOPE
Milwaukee-Eight® 114 Engine
Loads of torque for blasting off from stoplights, hitting entrance ramps, and rolling on the passing power. Pure sound with a soul-satisfying rumble.
Minimal Weight for Maximum Performance
Designed with a number of alloy and composite components to reduce the overall weight, including an all-new aluminum swingarm and subframe. Maximizes acceleration, braking and handling performance.
Bold 2-into-1 Exhaust
Tuned to emit a throaty rumble. Plus dramatic performance-inspired design that won’t interfere with lean angle.
Inverted race-style design, with single-cartridge technology that improves response to steering input and braking and handling performance.
New Air Intake
Inspired by Screamin’ Eagle® NHRA drag bikes and shaped to enhance air flow to the engine. A fresh interpretation of the Heavy Breather with an exposed, forward-facing filter element.
A reinvented Softail® frame that gives you more agility than you ever imagined from a bike carrying this much dragster attitude.
Mono-Shock Rear Suspension
A single coil-over shock with emulsion technology and optimized angle between the frame and swingarm for enhanced travel and response.
Stretched Fuel Tank
A sleek design that lengthens the profile of the bike to give it an aggressive look.
You get a LED Daymaker™ headlamp, LED rear lighting and LED turn signals; digital riser gauge, and a keyless ignition.
2019 Harley-Davidson FXDR 114 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $21349 – 21,749 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $26499 – $26949 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AUS
- VIVID BLACK $21,349
- COLOR $21,749
- ABS OPTION Standard
- SECURITY SYSTEM OPTION Standard
- CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS $200
- FREIGHT $390
- ENGINE 1Milwaukee-Eight®114
- BORE 016 in.
- STROKE 5 in.
- DISPLACEMENT 1,868 cc (114 cu in)
- COMPRESSION RATIO 5:1
- FUEL SYSTEM 3Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- EXHAUST 2-into-1; catalyst in header
- LENGTH 1 in.
- SEAT HEIGHT, LADEN 77 in.
- SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN 5 in.
- GROUND CLEARANCE 3 in.
- RAKE (STEERING HEAD) (DEG) 34
- TRAIL 7 in.
- WHEELBASE 4 in.
- TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION 120/70ZR-19 60W
- TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION 240/40R-18 79V
- FUEL CAPACITY 4 gal.
- OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER) 5 qt.
- WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED 637 lb.
- WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER 668 lb.
- ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHOD J1349
- ENGINE TORQUE 2119 ft-lb
- ENGINE TORQUE (RPM) 3,500
- LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.) 6
- LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.) 8
- FUEL ECONOMY TESTING METHOD Estimated City/Hwy
- FUEL ECONOMY 546 mpg
- PRIMARY DRIVE Chain, 34/46 ratio
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST 311
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND 454
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD 793
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH 882
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH 307
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH 79
- WHEELS, FRONT TYPE 9Gloss/satin black, split 5-spoke, Ace cast aluminum with laser etched graphics
- WHEELS, REAR TYPE Gloss/satin black, solid disc, Ace cast aluminum with laser etched graphics
- BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE 4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
- LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS 8High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel
- GAUGES 14 inch viewable area LCD display with speedometer, gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, range and tachometer indication
- 1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
- 2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
- 3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
- 4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
- 5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
- 6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
- 7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- 8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
- 9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
2019 Harley-Davidson FXDR 114 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
- Vivid Black $ 26,499
- Colour $ 26,949
- ABS Option Standard
- Security System Option Standard
- Engine 1 Milwaukee-Eight™ 114
- Bore 102 mm
- Stroke 114 mm
- Displacement 1,868 cc
- Compression Ratio 10.5:1
- Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust 2-into-1; catalyst in header
- Length 2,416 mm
- Seat Height, Unladen 723 mm
- Ground Clearance 134 mm
- Rake (steering head) (deg) 34
- Trail 120 mm
- Wheelbase 1,738 mm
- Tires, Front Specification 120/70ZR-19 60W
- Tires, Rear Specification 240/40R-18 79V
- Fuel Capacity 16.7 l
- Oil Capacity (w/filter) 4.7 l
- Weight, As Shipped 289 kg
- Weight, In Running Order 303 kg
- Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
- Engine Torque 2 162 Nm
- Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32.6
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 32.8
- Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy 5 5.1 l/100 km
- Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
- Wheels, Front Type 9 Gloss/satin black, split 5-spoke, Ace cast aluminum with laser etched graphics
- Wheels, Rear Type Gloss/satin black, solid disc, Ace cast aluminum with laser etched graphics
- Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel
- Gauges 2.14 inch viewable area LCD display with speedometer, gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, range and tachometer indication
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).