2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS : THE ANSWER TO EVERY THOUGHT.
Introducing the 2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS…
Renowned for versatility, reliability, and value, Suzuki’s V-Strom 650 models have attracted many riders who use their motorcycles for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. These are touchstone motorcycles balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat, and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure.
The 2021 V-Strom 650 continues the V-Strom family tradition of being a fun and logical motorcycle to buy and ride. The engine delivers stellar performance and great fuel economy while achieving worldwide emission standards. Suzuki’s engineering accomplishments also include low weight and a trim chassis, creating a V-Strom 650 that is versatile, controllable, and financially accessible.
The V-Strom 650 is an Adventure bike that’s greater than the sum of its parts, offering versatility and reliability like no other bike in its class. Check out a V-Strom for your next ride and you’ll see it answers your motorcycling questions while bringing a big dose of fun when you take it down any type of road.
THE ULTIMATE, TO DO-IT-ALL
Think of a challenge, an adventure. The answer to every thought. V-Strom 650. Road bends and stretches, two-up comfort, a tool that never lets you down.
The ultimate tackle to Do-It-All. Every day commuting, rough and wet conditions, B-Road twisties, long highway stretches, two-up comfort, the tool that never lets you down. Think of a task, a challenge, an adventure. The answer to every thought. V-Strom 650.
The 645cc DOHC V-Twin is a masterpiece of Suzuki engineering which has an evolving history. For the new 650, this unit has been tuned for generous low to mid-range torque for practical use while maintaining an exhilarating top-end.
LONG HAUL COMFORT
The newly designed seat lives up to the reputation of the V-Strom comfort. While securing a wide flat area to support the rider when riding, the front of the seat is slim enabling the rider to easily reach the ground when stopping. Also the pillion seat has a wide and comfortable space, making sure the pillion rider can also enjoy the ride. When viewed from the side the plentiful padding is visually assuring, inviting the rider on a long adventure.
The combination of the light yet rigid aluminium twin-spar frame and swingarm is a feature unique to this class, and with the engine providing such generous mid-range, the V-Strom provides light and smooth handling and stability in various riding situations.
Ten spoked cast aluminium wheels are an eye-catching feature for the new V-Strom 650. Not only do they give a sporty image in kin to its V-Strom 1000 ABS brother in the Suzuki Adventure model family, tracking back to the DR-BIG and DR-Z, but improves the road holding ability and reduces weight. Wheel sizes are 19-inch on the front and 17-inch on the rear, realising the perfect balance of stable and nimble handling.
Flexible and comfortable conventional telescopic forks have a forgiving character, allowing stress free long distance rides to an exciting run on twisty roads. The rear suspension is equipped with rebound adjustment and a remote preload adjuster which can be operated by hand allowing the rider to quickly setup the suspension to match the riding style or in a case of two-up riding or with a full load of luggage without any tools needed.
Equipped with 310mm diameter twin discs with twin two piston calipers on the front and a 260mm diameter single disc with a single piston caliper on the rear, the V-Strom 650 provides controllable and dependable stopping performance.
SLIMMER 20L FUEL TANK
The redesigned slimmer and smarter tank still holds a capacity of 20L, allowing a long riding range combined with excellent fuel consumption. By eliminating the plastic covers on both sides of the tank from the previous model, the tank has become slimmer and is now able to accommodate magnetically attachable tank bags. The frame covers have been slimmed down as well, allowing the rider to reach straight down to the ground.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• Coated in new Candy Daring Red paint, the effective fairing with vertically stacked headlights, adjustable windshield, and iconic Suzuki DR-Big styling adds true adventure style and real-world function.
• Liquid-cooled, 645cc, 90-degree, V-twin engine delivers strong torque in the low- to mid-rpm range, yet provides a strong rush of high-rpm power that’s ideal for any riding mission.
• Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, Easy Start System, Low RPM Assist feature, plus ABS** technology make a great motorcycle really incredible.
• Multifunction, illumination-adjustable instrument panel brings a wealth of information to the rider in a concise manner and helps when setting rider-assist features.
• Strong and lightweight chassis has integrated mount points for unified Suzuki V-Strom luggage that’s easy to clip on and off and keeps the motorcycle trim when ready for touring.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Using SV650 engineering, the V-Strom 650’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has been tuned to deliver clean, strong power at any rpm.
• Low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help deliver high mileage for class-leading touring range.
• Unique engine cover hardware and select fasteners are designed to permit the use of Torx or conventional hex-style tools.
• The sleek 2-into-1 exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
• The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
• The fuel-injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
• Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
• Suzuki’s patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
• The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650 has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery. It also helps reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
• The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the updated intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
• The engine has dual spark technology heads with two high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, which aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
• The V-Strom 650 is equipped with Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
• There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF), and the difference between the modes is their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level, most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level, suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
• This V-Strom also features the Suzuki Easy Start System, which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start button without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
• The compact radiator is flanked by wind-directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
• The six-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight first through fifth gear ratios and a tall top gear (sixth gear) for highway cruising.
• Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
• The beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and a stronger internal structure, helps the V-Strom 650 cut through the wind, protecting the rider in style.
• The three-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting, and rider fatigue.
• The fuel tank has a generous 5.3-gallon capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat, which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
• The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank are updated so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
• The spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom logo.
• The multifunction instrument panel features brightness-adjustable LED backlighting for its large diameter analog tachometer, digital speedometer, and LCD data display.
• LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge, and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
• LED indicators include an ABS alert and a freeze warning icon, which together with the air temperature display warn of possible icy road conditions.
• Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory power. A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
• The stacked, 65/55-watt halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
• The LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration resistant. The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
• A handy 12-volt DC accessory outlet is mounted on the inner dash.
• Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
• Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension are combined with a rebound damping adjustment and hand-operated spring preload adjuster.
• Light, 10-spoke cast wheels are shod with Adventure-spec Bridgestone Battlax 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires for all-around good performance.
• Front dual 310mm disc brakes and a rear 260mm disc brake deliver controlled stopping power.
• Compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
• The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat, offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
• Genuine Suzuki Accessories includes side and top cases, engine guards, low and high profile seats, heated grips, hand guards and more.
• 12-month limited warranty
• Coverage period and additional benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 8849 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £8299 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Suspension FrontTelescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension RearLink type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes FrontTokico, 2-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes RearNissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
Tires Rear150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
ColorCandy Daring Red
Engine645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90˚ V-twin
Bore x Stroke81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in. x 2.5 in.)
Fuel SystemFuel injection, SDTV-equipped
ClutchWet, multi-plate type
Transmission6-speed constant mesh
Final DriveChain, RK525SMOZ8, 118 links
IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark PlugNGK MR8E-9 (x 4)
Headlight12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
Overall Length2275 mm (89.6 in.)
Overall Width835 mm (32.9 in.)
Overall Height1405 mm (55.3 in.)
Wheelbase1560 mm (61.4 in.)
Ground Clearance170 mm (6.7 in.)
Seat Height835 mm (32.9 in.)
Curb Weight213 kg (470 lb.)
Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
Overall length 2275 mm (89.57 in) Overall width 835 mm (32.9 in)
Overall height 1405 mm (55.31 in) Wheelbase 1560 mm (61.42 in)
Ground clearance 170 mm (6.69 in) Seat height 835 mm (32.9 in)
Kerb mass 213 kg (470 lbs) Fuel capacity 20.0 L (4.4 UK gallons)
Engine capacity 645 cc Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
Bore 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in x 2.5 in) Compression ratio 11.2 : 1
Lubrication Wet sump Ignition Electronic ignition
Fuel system Fuel injection Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Drive Chain Starter Electric
MPG* 67.26 CO2 100 g/km
Power 52.0 kW @ 8,800 rpm (71 PS) Torque 62.0 Nm @ 6,300rpm (45.72 lb. ft)†
Front suspension Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped Rear suspension Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front brakes Disc, twin Rear brakes Disc
Front tyres 110/80R19M/C 59H, tubeless Rear tyres 150/70R17M/C 69H, tubeless
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).