Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE
For 25 years the Gold Wing has defined motorcycle touring. The new 25th Anniversary Edition SE celebrates this rich heritage with special commemorative badges, trim and paint.
New for 2000
· Distinctive 25th Anniversary Edition badges mounted on the trunk, chrome front fairing garnish above the headlight, and the console.
· Chromed engine valve covers.
· High-contrast black instrument faces are easy to read.
· New two-tone Pearl Blue/Pearl Dark Blue and Pearl White/Pearl Gray Green.
Exclusive SE Features
· Adjustable and closeable windshield vent routes fresh air to the rider’s face or chest.
· Two-way adjustable passenger footrests.
· Foot-warming system channels engine-heated air over the rider’s feet and is controlled by a fairing-mounted knob.
· Fully illuminated handlebar and radio switches.
· Rear spoiler-mounted running light/stoplight.
· Full-logic 25-watt stereo audio system with auto-loading, auto-reverse cassette mechanism, seek, scan, tape music search, auto volume control and intercom.
· Forty-channel CB radio.
· Four speakers for superb audio.
· 1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is rubber-mounted for exceptional smoothness, placed low in the chassis for superb maneuverability, and produces more torque than any other engine in its class.
· Slow-speed reverse system.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve adjusters and a quiet, reliable belt-drive camshaft system.
· Two computer-monitored 36mm constant-velocity (CV) downdraft carburetors.
· Exhaust tips feature Valkyrie-inspired triple-tip diffusers and provide a throaty exhaust note.
· Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes overdrive fifth.
· Efficient six-into-two exhaust system.
· Smooth, quiet and virtually lash-free shaft-drive system.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Large-capacity dual radiators.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame offers exceptional strength.
· Plush, 41mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces front-end dive during braking.
· Air-adjustable front and rear suspension for varying loads and conditions. On-board compressor makes it easy to adjust rear suspension pressure.
· Honda’s integrated triple-disc braking system offers exceptional stopping power.
· Cast aluminum wheels are lightweight and strong.
· Enormous, 6.3-gallon fuel tank offers exceptional touring range.
· Ergonomically designed seat with plush passenger backrest.
· High-mileage touring tires.
· Chrome cylinder head covers feature integrally cast “1500” emblem, highlighted by engine guard design.
· Beautiful front lighting signature and rear lighting array.
· Attractive chrome-plated front fairing garnish and rear trunk trim enhance appearance.
· Full-time fairing-integrated running lights.
· Superbly comfortable rider and passenger seats provide unparalleled comfort and support.
· Specially designed luggage features an integrated, centrally located locking system and more usable storage capacity than any other touring machine.
· Soft, removable trunk and saddlebag inner bags.
· Large, easily adjustable windshield offers unparalleled wind and weather protection for the rider and passenger.
· Electronic cruise control system.
· Self-canceling turn signals.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols instead of word labels.
· On-board air compressor system with auxiliary outlet.
· Extensive tool kit.
· Dual helmet locks.
· Fold-down antennas for easy storage.
· Padded passenger handrails.
· Dual horns.
· Flow-through ventilation system.
· Handy storage compartments in passenger armrests.
· Low, 29.1-inch seat height and narrow sidecovers allow easy footing at stops, increasing rider confidence and machine handling ease.
· Dual headlights.
· Easy-to-use centerstand.
· Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Three-year limited warranty on factory-installed audio system.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Passenger audio controller.
· Headset for open-face or full-face helmets.
· Fairing marker lights.
· Saddlebag marker lights.
· Tail marker light.
· Trunk marker light.
· Trunk light, with or without mirror.
· Cycle cover.
· Front nose mask.
· Front fender trim.
· Front mudguard.
· Saddlebag scuff pad set.
· Saddlebag/trunk mat set.
· Saddlebag/trunk chrome rail set.
· Trunk lower spoiler.
· Chrome undercowl set, rear.
· Color-coordinated helmets.
1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally-opposed six cylinder
five-speed constant-mesh with overdrive fifth gear & electric reverse
dual discs with twin-piston calipers
single disc with twin-piston calipers integrated with one front disc
41mm fork with TRAC anti-dive 140mm of travel
air-assisted (right-hand only) dual shocks; 105 mm of travel
372 kg. (819 lb.)
740 mm (29.1 in.)
24 litres (5.3 imp.gal.)
Exclusive Special Edition Features
CB radio; Rear audio speakers; Trunk-mounted spoiler with integrated brake/running light; Fairing mounted running lights; Adjustable foot-warming air vent; Adjustable passenger floorboards; illuminated handlebar switches.
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.