Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda VT1100C3 Shadow Aero
The 2000 VT1100C3 is for the rider who seeks the nostalgic style and feel of motorcycles of a bygone era.
Features & Benefits
New for 2000
· Three stunning two-tone colors join classic Black: Black/Pearl Beige, Black/Red and Black/Yellow.
· Liquid-cooled 1099cc 45¡ V-twin single-pin-crankshaft engine produces rumbling power at low rpm for seamless, responsive performance.
· Rubber engine-mounting isolates unwanted vibrations for comfortable cruising.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Heavily chromed, two-into-one-into-one exhaust system produces rich V-twin sound and enhances appearance with low-slung look and stylish fishtail tip.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
· Smooth-shifting five-speed gearbox with chromed heel-toe shifter has the right gear for any speed, enhancing the engine’s power characteristics.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Extensive use of chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover and starter cover.
· Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complement chrome finishes.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Overall length of 8 feet 2.5 inches contributes to the Aero’s stretched-out classic look and low seat height.
· Sturdy, 41mm front fork with chromed covers provides 5.9 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
· Casual riding position with 38-inch-wide handlebar and low, 28.5-inch saddle-style seat offers all-day comfort and custom appearance.
· Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong and lightweight wire-spoke wheels.
· Ultra-wide, low, 140/80-17 white-sidewall front tire on chromed spoked rim enhances timeless styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
· Massive, 170/80-15 white-sidewall rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
· Large, beautifully finished 4.2-gallon gas tank offers extended touring range.
· Custom, wide-style saddle with detachable passenger portion offers a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
· Sleek, retro styling features deeply valanced front and rear fenders with chromed accent trim and fisheye-style turn signals on chrome mounting bars.
· Polished aluminum floorboards feature a unique vibration-damping inner steel plate and hinged design for added comfort and functionality.
· Chromed brake pedal has rubber pad for excellent grip and features hinged design to complement hinged floorboard.
· Beautifully chromed headlight nacelle houses electric speedometer with an electronic speed sensor and features a large white face with easy-to-read classic numerals.
· Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight with plastic lens provides superb lighting and simplified design.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch and handlebar-mounted choke lever.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Polished aluminum master cylinder, handlebar switch-housings and triple-clamp assembly.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Radiator guard.
· Chrome radiator trim.
· Backrest and rear carrier. (Items also available separately.)
· Front fender extension.
· Rear fender extension.
· Leather saddlebags.
1099cc liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; 3 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting hydraulic
Twin 36mm, diaphragm-type, CV
41mm fork; 150mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 95mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
1680mm (66.1 in.)
725mm (28.5 in.)
279kg (615.0 lbs.)
16.8 litres (3.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.