Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda VT1100C Shadow Spirit
– 2001 Honda VT1100C Shadow Spirit
Hot-rod styling and smooth V-twin power grace the 2001 Shadow Spirit.
· The Shadow Spirit’s offset-dual-crankpin, smooth-running 1099cc 45º V-twin engine pumps out massive low-end and mid-range power.
· The engine’s broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power output at all rpm.
· High-capacity nine-plate clutch with cable operation.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Specially designed steel frame gives the Shadow Spirit a long, low custom stance.
· Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 6.3 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
· Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a heavy-duty drum rear brake provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong and lightweight five-spoke cast alloy wheels.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, virtually maintenance-free operation.
· Relaxed, comfortable riding position results from a long, low chassis and low, 28.7-inch seat height.
· Large, 16.8 litre fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Custom saddle and padded passenger backrest offer a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
· Powerful halogen headlight.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
· Chromed side panels and dual staggered mufflers.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Rear carrier.
· Radiator trim.
· Cycle cover.
1099cc liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin, dual off-set crankpin
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder, self adjusting hydraulic
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
Five-speed wide ratio
41mm fork; 160mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1651mm (65.0 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
251kg (553 lbs.)
16.8 litres (3.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.