Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2002 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie
Honda’s Valkyrie speaks that most eloquent of cruiser languages – torque. Unlike high-revving sportbikes, Valkyrie’s performance isn’t measured in horsepower, but in pounds-feet. The kind that come with cubic centimetres — 1520 of them in all — distributed evenly amongst Valkyrie’s six smooth-running cylinders. And unlike a lot of other cruisers, the Valkyrie’s performance doesn’t fall flat when the road gets twisty. Thanks to a generous heaping of ground clearance, stout spine frame and robust 45mm inverted fork, the Valkyrie is as adept in a corner as it is in a straight line.
Not only is the Valkyrie’s six-cylinder engine unique in sound and feel. The Valkyrie is also plenty comfortable with plush suspension, a roomy seat and a host of accessories to transform the performance cruiser into a long-haul tourer. Deluxe model adds two-tone (Pearl Dark Blue/Pearl Silver) paint.
The Honda Valkyrie. Scream your individuality.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Previous generation Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a free-flow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close gear-ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis features solidly mounted engine for confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 130mm of plush, well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 120mm of wheel travel.
· Large-section radial tires provide superb grip and an excellent ride.
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the sweeping styling.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Long-range 20 litre fuel tank.
· Large, comfortable two-piece custom seat features a detachable passenger section and rear backrest.
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 735mm seat height.
· Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight with unique eyebrow-style chrome case and multi-reflector-type lens.
· Chrome-case-enclosed tachometer and speedometer with attractive white-colored faces.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· High-quality two-tone or black solid-color finishes combine with the powerful styling and many chromed components to deliver a stunning visual presence.
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips.
· Leather saddlebags.
· Custom grips and mirrors.
· Fork case cover.
· Chromed items include exhaust tips, sidecovers, handlebar levers, lever bracket holders, master cylinder cap, oil filler cap, radiator cap, radiator screen, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, sidestand, swingarm cover, passenger peg bracket, Valkyrie backrest emblem, front fender ornament, front fender trim, front fender mudguard and rear carrier.
· Audio options include CB radio with available antenna, passenger audio controller, and open face helmet headset.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
1690mm (66.5 in.)
735mm (28.9 in.)
309 kg (682 lbs.)
20 litres (4.4 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.