Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Suit up, point to a place on the map that you’ve never been to before, and get ready for the ride of your life. Honda’s ST1100 is a motorcycle that makes no compromises in its quest to be the best sport-touring bike you’ve ever ridden. Powered by a smooth and torquey V4 engine mounted longitudinally in the frame, the ST1100 has a long history of moving riders across the map in unparalleled comfort.
Check out the wind-tunnel-designed fairing, the enormous 28-litre fuel tank, the quiet and reliable shaft drive, and the detachable hard saddlebags. Nothing was spared to make the ST1100 the first choice among serious sport-touring enthusiasts.
· Liquid-cooled 1084cc longitudinally mounted V-4 engine produces excellent horse-power and torque over a wide rpm-range.
· Shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm reliability and offers 25,000 kilometre valve adjustment intervals.
· Belt-driven camshafts for smooth, quiet, reliable operation.
· Four-valve-per-cylinder technology provides excellent combustion efficiency and high power.
· Four 34.5mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetors provide crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Cassette-type five-speed transmission.
· Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system.
· Aluminum radiator keeps temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
· High-output 40-amp air-cooled AC generator allows installation of varied electrical accessories, and delivers substantial output even at low rpm.
· Clutch, main-shaft and drive-shaft dampers for reduced noise, vibration and driveline lash.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame is strong and positions the engine low for superb maneuverability and precise handling.
· Wind-tunnel-tested fairing with Honda’s Air Control Windscreen offers superb wind and weather protection, low noise and superior high-speed aerodynamics.
· 41mm cartridge fork with 150mm of travel offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces fork compression during braking.
· Single-shock swingarm-mounted rear suspension system offers spring preload and rebound damping adjustability.
· Wide, three-spoke cast aluminum wheels fitted with V-rated tires (110/80V-18 – front and 160/70V-17).
· Dual 316mm front disc brakes and single 316mm disc rear brake offer exceptional braking power.
· Roomy cockpit and ergonomically designed, dual-density seat offer true long-haul comfort.
· Enormous, 28.0 litre fuel tank is located below the seat for a low center of gravity and offers phenomenal touring range.
· Detachable, lockable, color-matched 35-litre saddlebags are standard equipment, feature fold-down carrying handles and can each hold a full-face helmet.
· Integrated fairing protectors for tip-over protection.
· Breakaway rearview mirrors.
· Fairing-mounted quartz clock.
· Padded passenger grabrails.
· Dual halogen headlights.
· Integrated front and rear turn signals.
· Fairing-mounted headlight adjuster.
· Full instrumentation includes fuel and temperature gauges.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock.
· Single ignition key operates all locks.
1085cc liquid-cooled, 90-degree, transverse V-four
Bore and Stroke
73mm X 64.8mm
Belt driven, DOHC, 4 valve, shim under bucket
Four 34.5mm downdraft, CV diaphragm-type
41mm cartridge fork with TRAC anti-dive, 150mm travel
Single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping 120mm travel
Dual 316mm discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
1555mm (61.2 in.)
800mm (31.5 in.)
287 kg (633 lbs.)
28 litres (6.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.