Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2002 Honda VTX1300S
Do you pine for the simplicity of the ’60s? Then the VT1100 Spirit’s long 41mm raked front fork, skinny 110/90-19 front tire, mag wheels and bobbed fenders are your ride to nostalgia.
There’s also performance to back up the Spirit’s ‘attitude’. The massive, 170/80-15 rear tire’s wide footprint transfers the 1099cc V-twin’s torque to the road while the large-diameter, 336mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combine with a heavy-duty drum rear brake to provide excellent stopping power. Of course, Honda didn’t forget the comfort side of the equation with a ‘King and Queen’ stepped seat and a sissy bar for comfort and security.
Shadow Spirit 1100. Make your weekend something to look forward to.
· The Shadow Spirit’s offset-dual-crankpin, smooth-running 1099cc 45-degree V-twin engine pumps out massive low-end and mid-range power.
· The engine’s broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power output at all rpm.
· High-capacity nine-plate clutch with cable operation.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Specially designed steel frame gives the Shadow Spirit a long, low custom stance.
· Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 160mm of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
· Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a heavy-duty drum rear brake provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong and lightweight five-spoke cast alloy wheels.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, virtually maintenance-free operation.
· Relaxed, comfortable riding position results from a long, low chassis and low, 730mm seat height.
· Large, 15.8 litre fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Custom saddle and padded passenger backrest offer a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
· Powerful halogen headlight.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
· Chromed side panels and dual staggered mufflers.
· Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Chrome rear carrier (round tube).
· Chrome rear carrier (square tube).
· Chrome clutch lever bracket
· Chrome backrest trim
· Chrome handlebar levers
· Chrome oil filler cap
· Chrome horn
· Chrome front fender ornament
· Billet front tank mount cover
· Billet dipstick
· Billet coolant filler assembly
· Billet master cylinder cap
· Billet ignition and clutch cover set
· Billet driveshaft bolt cover
· Billet license plate frame
· Cycle cover.
1099cc liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin, dual off-set crankpin
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder, self adjusting hydraulic
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
Five-speed wide ratio
41mm fork; 160mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
110/90 H – 19
170/80 H – 15
1650mm (65.0 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
251kg (554 lbs.)
15.8 L (3.5 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.