Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Honda NPS50 Ruckus
Introducing the all-new Honda Ruckus. With its wide, fat tires and rugged design, it’s as comfortable around town as it is on a camping trip.
· Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
· Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
· Maintenance-free ignition system.
· Simple push-button electric starter.
· Starter system utilizes the engine’s brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires n
· maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
· Electronic control unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
· Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
· Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
· Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent t
· the fuel tank under the Ruckus’ floor.
· Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually n
· Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
· Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
· Two-piece die-cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
· Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 56mm of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
· Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 66mm of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
· Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping.
· Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
· Well-padded seat boasts a low, 739mm seat height for added confidence at stops.
· Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beam. Fuel indicator light comes on with 0.5 litre remaining.
· Audible turn-signal indicator.
· Parking brake.
· Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
· Backup kickstart lever.
· Dual headlights with tw
· 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
· Maintenance-free battery.
49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke
38mm x 44mm
15mm CV with automatic choke
V-Matic belt drive
Twin-downtube fork; 56 millimetres travel
Single shock; 66 millimetres travel
1265mm (49.8 in.)
739mm (29.1 in.)
82 kg. (181 lb.)
5 litres (1.1 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.